Thursday, April 13, 2023

Day Six - A Nice Slow Day

KOA, Perrysburg, Ohio

On Thursday, Apr. 13th we were moving a little slower. Bill and Gibbs were up at 5:30 but then back to bed after their outing. I stayed in my lazy slumber until almost 7:30. Last night, the boys went up to bed before 10 and I stayed up until 11 to finish my book. I didn’t even feel tired so I know I tossed a bit once I joined them. It was a good night’s sleep for all of us. 😊

The sun was already up by the time
I got out of bed
As a matter of fact, it was shining in my face
from under the blinds in the bedroom window. 
Good morning sunshine!

After our first coffee and tea, Gibbs and I walked the park. He seems to like the leaves and of course, finds many sniffs as we walked the perimeter. I used my Merlin bird app to capture the sounds of the plentiful birds here. 

My favourite nature picture of the day

I think they had an event over Easter weekend
The coloured ones were painted by children

Lastly, we poked our heads into the Laundry Room to check it out. When we returned home, Bill and I sorted the 3 loads and while he showered, I carried them up and got things going. We had things put away again by 10 am and it was still early! We relaxed in our lazy way with books and my online Wordle games until lunch.

That's a lot of birds, just wish I could see them
all
Not sure if they are all confirmed though

Small but adequate laundry room


Gibbs hasn't eaten a full meal since we left 
Huachuca City, just treats while we traveled
Today, Bill was trying to pull papers out of the slot
under the fireplace (yellow arrow) that fell behind
the computer tray drawer over the fireplace (orange arrow)
and Gibbs decided to help and ate some
of his 3 day old meal in the meantime.

Someone got his coat and his teeth brushed
today!

Bacon and eggs was yummy and it was a nice change of pace from the sandwiches. After lunch, we loaded the dishwasher and did some more relaxing. 

I can't eat them every day but we miss them
after not having them for a week!

The temperature today is pretty much the same as at home, 82F/28C, and very little breeze. What a lovely day! I went online while Bill and Gibbs snoozed and ordered a few things to be delivered home either just before we arrive (to Donna’s) or just after we arrive at the Ridge.

I thought the weather called for a summer
dress today

Bill tries to beat the familiar peg game
which is on every table at Cracker Barrel

We’d decided on a trip into town, Perrysburg, for a few things. Water jugs are empty, Black Beauty needs a drink, a walk through Hobby Lobby, milk from Walmart and supper at Cracker Barrel. Since it is hot enough, I slipped into a summer dress for a change. Not fancy, just bright and cool. I took a sweater along in case CB was cool inside. Before we left, we closed things up and turned the a/c on for Gibbs. Not cold but cool comfy.

We were there early, around 4:30 so it wasn't busy
Plus, there were lots of spots for rv parking.
Our experiences on that front have not always been the best!

We needed an 8 x 10 frame for a picture that bounced off the wall when we left Quartzsite and I found the clear spray I needed for my rocks after they are painted. I also found a small crochet kit that I just might be able to accomplish. 😊 We had a wonderful supper at Cracker Barrel and we both ate the whole entrée!

My loaded country fried chicken was delicious!
And it was served on a beautiful plate too.

I had the country fried chicken topped with cheese, bacon, tomato and deep-fried onion rings. Oh my! My sides were dumplings and Cole slaw with a hot biscuit, of course. Bill had the shrimp plate and steak fries with coleslaw, fried apples and a biscuit. We each had a refillable lemonade and they were puckering good! Does anyone ever require a fill up?

Driving back 'home' we kept
an eye out for the Water station


Almost missed it too!
Chatted with the FedEx delivery man,
he had 150 stops today! Wow! Kudos!

On the return trip, we found the small kiosk for the Watershed and filled our bottles. It was busy and we chatted with the 2 fellows also in line. Gibbs was happy to see us and went out for a quick walk and sniff. 

then I proceeded to work on my blog
Or, I tried to

This has been an awesome day and we were grateful not to have to be traveling today or tomorrow. I hope you are all enjoying your warm weather too as it seems to be all over this and our country. 😊 Windows will be open again tonight for sleeping.

I think I was missed. πŸ’“
Good night y'all!

Thank you for the drop in.

8 comments:

  1. We too are enjoying the weather and down time.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you're allowed to spoil your own pooch, he's certainly got you wrapped around his little paw. Glad you've got good travel weather, stay safe as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooper never eats much at all when traveling. I think if they had a Cracker Barrel here, I would eat there every single day. Glad you've got nice weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patsy, Bill and of course Gibbs,
    You look so pretty in your summer dress, love the colors. Gibbs is so funny and has quite the personality traits. He sure helps alot on your blogging skills, eh! Glad that you are enjoying your leisurely trip back to home turf on the ridge. Safe travels and don't forget to stop and smell the roses along the way.
    Love Melynda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps Gibbs' tummy gives him a bit of grief when travelling? At least he isn't car sick.
    What a nice day to rest and relax, do a bit of shopping, and enjoy a meal too. I'm envious of the heat - it snowed again last night, but just a skiff on the ground and it is melting this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great place for a break. The weather here has cooled down a bit. We had pretty much the same temperature as your area. Cute pictures of Gibbs...as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress! That is so YOU! :) Dinner looked amazing too, bet you could make that at home too. Glad you're enjoying your down time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not really warm here. Just reached 4C for a high today..... Getting colder to start next week off with rain and snow once again.

    Love the dress.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete