Friday, April 28, 2023

Talk About Lazy! That’s What Today Was Here

The Ridge

OnFriday, Apr. 28th, approaching month end, we woke to clear skies for the second day in a row. Last night’s weather forecast for our area, Grey Bruce, said the clouds would move in late morning and the rain would not appear until around 4. It was a surprise after we were up and had breakfast to step out into a mild 10C/50F at 10:30. If it wasn’t for the wind, which seemed mild by then, it would be lovely.

The clouds moved in about 11 ish
yet it was still a warm day

We lazed around for the better part of this day. We had bacon and eggs for lunch and then took a drive into the Co-op for 10 bags of black earth for my gardens. It was listed outside at $2.49 /20litre bag so I was pleasantly surprised when I got inside and was charged only $1.99/bag. Gotta love savings like that. We stopped at the Water Store to fill a 5 gallon jug and had a chit chat with Mark before heading home.

Gibbs has found a small 2 x 4
and carries it around the yard
Goof!

We did stop at the little book library to drop off 4 of the books we’ve finished. I didn’t pay for them so didn’t want to drop them at the Salvation Army yesterday where someone else would have to pay either. Bill went down to the Hangar for a couple of hours and Gibbs and I stayed inside and watched the next 5 or 6 episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisle. I’m loving this program a lot. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Time for a little play with Daddy

When Bill came up, we settled in to watch some old episodes (with LJ Gibbs!) of NCIS together. At 6, I made what Bill calls ‘pussy-muck’ for supper. That involves ground beef and whatever else I decide to put in it. Tonight, it was onions, celery and vegetable soup to have alongside vegetables and fried potatoes for Bill. It was very good. This afternoon, I did make some keto peanut butter sandwich cookies and the taste-test was a thumbs up.

I started this book yesterday
I like the author but trying to get through
the first chapters on Egyptology. 
Seems like a good story line.

Supper was good

This has been a good day, ending with a phone call from Sandy, laundromat boss, setting up my return on Tuesday. Feels good as I will start back with M at the auto shop on Monday. Things are happening and before we know it, we’ll be head on into the fray again for the summer.

Someone has to check to see if there are any
crumbs left on Daddy's placemat ๐Ÿ’“
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

3 comments:

  1. I admit, I'm kind of getting used to doing nothing. Pretty soon you will be back at it, sanding away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are looking forward to getting a little dirty again.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it crazy that we have to pay for dirt (black earth) when there is so much dirt all around us. In the springtime I enjoy gardening the most. Looking forward to your photos of the plants in your gardens.

    ReplyDelete