Sunday, April 23, 2023

What Did We Get up to Today?

The Ridge

When it was dry again on Sunday, Apr. 23rd when we woke up, we knew we’d get more done outside on the property. Don’t get me wrong, there isn’t scads and scads of work to do on the grounds yet, but we have sheds and Bunky to get emptied of lawn furniture, fire pit etc. Once they are cleaned out a bit, we can move things from inside the Suite and her basement to those storage facilities.

Gibbs is interested in the 'wet' areas
but he would only go so far and then jump back
I think he was waiting for my to tell him 'No'.

Bill was up with Gibbs at 6:40, they slept in after our late night. I’m surprised we didn’t turn into pumpkins, me especially, since it was 11:30 when we closed Episode 6 of Season 1 in the Bosch series. Wow! That was fun and no commercials, they just moved from one to the next. Because we’ve read about Bosch in Michael Connelly’s books, this was extra special to both of us. 😊

At the end of the lane,
The Ridge sign which I paint when it
needs to be painted
and
our Mexican mailbox

Bill came back to bed and we all slept in until 8 o’clock! We had no where to be on this cool Sunday. I hopped into the shower right away and then we had our morning coffee, tea and Bill had cereal. When my hair was dry, I rarely use a blower, Gibbs and I went for a walk down the lane. As we turned left/west on the road the wind was so cold in my face that we hightailed it back to the laneway. I let Gibbs off his leash and he raced me up to the Suite.

After being let off leash at the end of the lane,
he runs, runs and runs more
Then he stops to check on me.πŸ’”

My heart swells at the fun he’s having outside. Bill was also out, puttering, and when I went to the Bunky to pull chairs out and load the donation bags into the car, he went to the Hangar to start clearing that ‘mess’. It’s okay, he’ll agree. So much got dumped in there when we left in October as he needed to make room in Black Beauty for the planes he did want to take. I made progress in my She-shed while Gibbs ran back and forth between us.

My gifts from Bill for a September birthday
The birds will love them!

Bill can’t get reception from the StarLink down in the Hangar as he used to with the satellite dish, so we wrapped his big tv and tucked it away. It’s a good, large tv and one day we may be needing it again. We discussed things to change and decided he’ll take the Sirius radio box down to the Hangar as I prefer listening to the local stations when we’re here.

My Bunky/She-shed is almost ready for business
Heh heh

We had a couple of bouts of hail/snow, rain and a fair bit of sun poking through every so often. If it weren’t for the wind, it would have been a really decent day. Bill had his heater on so was cozy in his shed and with an insulated Bunky, I was quite warm too. We have a few things to move yet and more cleaning out but all in time. When I came in around 1:30, I took my 2 paint storage containers from under the bed and 2 craft bins from the closet out, as well as the puzzles.

The birds love it!
That didn't take long.

The decision and communication break down.

Then Gibbs and I came inside. There was a bit of a ‘failure to communicate’ between him and I and I had to bribe him with one of his favourite treats. πŸ˜‰ He wasn’t thinking of coming inside – yet. 

A sky that ever-changed all day

We got snow pellets a couple of times
that lasted maybe 5 minutes each time

Instead of reading, I decided to bake some dessert. Keto Lava Cakes were easy so I’ll see what they turn out like. Peanut butter and chocolate, how can I go wrong? Bill came up around 3:30 just when it was tea time and we were done for the day.


Supper and the dessert is delectable
and guilt-free

Supper was easy to prepare and tasted good. Leftover beef, fried potatoes, Brussel sprouts and mixed veggies for Bill. Oh, the dessert cakes were delish! This was another good day, bit by bit we’re getting things done. We barely made 5C/41F but it sounds like this could be the warmest of what is coming our way. Overnight temperatures are dropping below freezing and no one likes that in April!

Good night!

Thank you for stopping in.

9 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see you all in your "happy place".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see you back at the Ridge & getting everything set up.Bill may be able to have tv via internet- a small extender & would then need an additional Firestick.Perhaps consult an electronics store before buying anything as the extenders vary in range.Enjoy your summer & all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Gibbs likes to race around. It's good exercise for him!! I'm surprised Bill is not getting a starlink signal there. Sounds like you are getting that figured out though. Lava cake ... YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gibbs is so funny, Free Free! :)
      Bill was disappointed but we'll keep trying to figure it out.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure Gibbs loves being off leash and able to run and play. He knows he's home!
    We're getting warmer weather here (finally), though still below average temps. I do hope it warms up soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ridge is looking good already! You're definitely getting a lot accomplished! Dinner and dessert once again looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete