Wednesday, October 4, 2023

A Brain Cramp and Upset Tummy, Bill Off to Work

The Ridge

On Wednesday, Oct. 4th I rolled over at 5:25 for a change of position. I noticed the time reflected in large red numbers on the ceiling then and noticed Bill reaching for his phone to turn his alarm off. Funny, how we sometimes wake up at the exact same time – or close to it. Him, from habit, I’m sure and me, maybe from sensing his movement. 😊 He got up and began getting ready for his day. Gibbs went out and came back to bed with me. 

Progress across the highway from the
laundromat
Getting ready to asphalt the parking lot.
The cement in front of the building was done on Tuesday
and cut today.

At 6:15, I remembered that he was leaving this morning and I wouldn’t see him until possibly Friday, weather depending. So, I slipped into comfy loungewear and came down to sit with Gibbs in the recliner. He was getting things ready, packing the large Cool-a-tron with his sandwiches and drinks (just in case there wasn’t fridge space at the cottage. I could feel a bit of unsettling in my tummy but put it off to nerves – he is going a fair distance away to work.

After having a guest Montana here for a few weeks,
our Ridge looks bare 

It was clear that he wouldn’t be leaving the house until Billy arrived. As I sat there, my phone reminder went off at 6:45 “clean laundromat”. Woops! I totally had a brain cramp there and had forgotten that today was a cleaning day. Good grief. So, I got washed, dressed and made my tea in a to-go cup and had to say goodbye to Bill, with me leaving first. It wouldn’t be such a rush if I was obligated to go back to paint at M’s for 9 am.

I'm not the only one who loves
the Sedum blossom

The Mat was empty so I went about things in my normal routine. The boys were starting work across the road at the ‘new’ to Durham restaurant/bar. They were getting ready to lay asphalt for the parking lot. It’s coming along. With 11 (?) investor/owners, I would hope so. 😊 I left for home at 8:20 with just enough time to sit with Gibbs for a short time before I had to leave again. Thankfully, I was feeling just fine by now, the nervousness from earlier, gone.

I didn't take the bulk of my pictures 
until after lunch with Gibbs
This one turned out nice, the Dahlias still blooming
on this plant too.

It was a hot start to the day already, rising to a breezy 16C/61F. I wore shorts to M’s and donned my ball cap. He had all the paint paraphernalia set out on the table so I set to work. Today, I was applying the top coat of white and with the new rollers I bought, what a breeze it was compared to yesterday’s fiasco! The paint went on so much easier and I was done the top half within the hour. Robin texted while I was painting to see if I could clean the Air bnb on Friday morning so I have another job lined up. 😊


We nipped into town at 10 for 2 stops and then I was back at it. There was enough of the white paint left and enough time by the time I finished the road-facing wall, that I went over what I painted on Monday. That end wall was only primed so I finished it before I left at 12:30. It looks much better now, but I didn’t get a picture. There may be a few touch ups for tomorrow, when I can see it all without the sun beating down on it as it was when I left. Otherwise, that’s it for painting this year.

Gibbs wasn't keen after I planted these to go
any further. It was very humid.

Back home, I had a veggie quesadilla and although messy, it was gooood. Not sure what my supper for one will be, I’m already missing my sweetie. I felt exhausted though and so sat with Gibbs in my chair after eating. I thought I’d read or work on my Wordle games but neither one lasted too long. I felt too sleepy. We went outside and walked down with my wagon to plant some of the hostas in the new garden. They’ve been sitting out for a while so hope they survive.

It's looking a little pathetic now but I'll watch
and see if it improves before we leave.
I can always plant new hostas in the spring
along with other suggestions!

It was too hot to walk so we came back up and sat in the shade of the awning. It wasn’t out too far because of the wind, but far enough to give us shade on the patio mat. Back inside, I made a tea and Gibbs began watching the laneway and road for you-know-who.

My yard sale cactus has been
healed. Bill glued the one arm
back on for me. ♥

At 5:30, it had cooled down a few degrees and the clouds covered the sun like a lace blanket so we went for our walk. Someone, not to mention names, was very pokey and had to be encouraged. 

Pretty sky at 5:30
It had cooled off nicely too from 27C/81F to 23C/73F
making quite a difference.

Then he wouldn’t come inside. Something is amiss and he knows it full well. He waits.

Definition: Refusal (to come inside)

Definition: Disbelief/Denial
("He won't be home tonight")

Definition: I'm waiting anyway.
It took a special treat to lure him inside.










For supper, I decided on chicken nuggets with a veggie and Gibbs had his normal kibble. He only ate this morning’s breakfast because I added some cheese so he probably won’t eat tonight. Yes, he may be spoiled but he will eat when he’s hungry. We learned that last year! My meal sufficed tonight and then I worked on finishing my blog.

Supper for one.

I knew Bill would look for it before he went to bed. I hope they eat and sleep well. They are building a shed and I also hope the rainy weather holds off.

Funny - 2 years ago I was also
painting at M's.
On a smaller scale.



The back door to his apartment.












Good night! (Sleep tight, Bill!)

It was a good day and I thank you for popping in for a peek.

6 comments:

  1. Same warm weather here, and I'm just as pokey as Gibbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Gibbs, he likes his people and his routine. I know he'll be fine, but I'm sure it's difficult for him to understand.
    It looks like you've watered the hostas in well. If you continue that until you leave, I'm pretty certain they'll come back in the spring. Hostas are pretty darn hardy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking about you this week.

    ReplyDelete