Sunday, October 15, 2023

A Fun Day for Bill, One More Cleaning Job, Three Years πŸ’”

The Ridge

On Sunday, Oct. 15th Bill was up at 5:30. He’d prepared last night for his day of fun, which will give him a break from all the planning, prepping and packing too. I told him last night that I wasn’t getting up to say goodbye (lazy bones!) as I knew it would be early when he left. He came up to get a kiss since I was awake and left around 6:15.

Gibbs curled up between my legs and was out cold, it seemed. That makes it difficult for anyone to be comfortable and any manner of coaxing him to move, fell on deaf furry ears. Finally, I was able to lift a leg up and over and I rolled onto my side. He never felt a thing. When I was ready to get up, I was surprised to see the clock read 7:40! Still, Gibbs never moved, curled up in a ball and remained where he was.

Downstairs, it wasn’t until I had my tea made and sat in my chair that he finally came down and joined me. I wondered if perhaps he wasn’t feeling well but think he was just cold as he sat ON my lap rather than his usual BESIDE me. I put his sweater on him and he went right back to sleep. The day is a cold, wet, windy one and it just gives me that much more desire to be on the road. Outta here!

Bill had taken Ptooties to London for an RC (radio controlled) plane swap meet that ran from 9 to 1 pm. He was meeting up with his flying buddies from here and hopefully some from his former London club. First thing to do was empty the 2 bags of clothes that I picked up yesterday and I was successful in removing a bag in order to make room for them. Out with the old, in with the new, so to speak.

The only one who greeted me was this
praying mantis on the window.
I've only seen green ones but then again,
I've only seen them near grass. She wasn't
praying though. 

With that done, I hopped in Black Beauty at 10 and drove to Williamsford to clean the Air bnb for Robin – one last time. She had guests on Friday night and she is back in Saskatchewan. It only took me 2 hours total today, incl. drive time, as the upstairs rooms were not used.

She was outside, I was inside so we
didn't get in each other's way.

Back to Durham, the wipers swaying the whole time, I stopped at Foodland to pick up bread and then home for the day. Gibbs and I sat and cuddled in my chair. Bill returned home around 3 and had had a great time, meeting his buddies as well as Keith! That’s cool, we hope to see him once more while we’re in London before we head out next Sunday. 😊

Bill was also able to squeeze in a quick visit (long enough for a big hug) with Jess and to pick up a piece of furniture from her mom’s apartment that was his mom’s. So that was nice too. We’ll store it in the Bunky for the winter and deal with it when we return. We rested, caught up on his day and then I made pancakes and sausage for supper. We had to use up the last of a bottle of Jamie’s maple syrup to make room for the new one.

A simple supper, filling and tasty.
We fill up quickly with pancakes and didn't need dessert.

TV filled our evening and even though Bill dozed after he came home, I think he’ll sleep well tonight. Today,we might have reached a high of 7C/44F but I doubt it. Tonight it isn't changing much, maybe a low of 5C/41F. I think Gibbs will be wearing his sweater to bed. We have another busy day tomorrow, but all things take us one step closer to departure.

I find it very hard to believe in some ways but on the other hand, it seems a long time ago that we said our final goodbye to Mom. There is and will always be a huge hole in my heart. Whenever Bill and I would pay her one last visit before we left for the winter, she never failed to ask if we could just tuck her into our pocket and take her along. Days that I drive by Rockwood Senior Residence, I picture her in her better days. The laughter she was so easy to share and that smile that was part of who she was. I miss you Mom but I know you are in a better place. πŸ’—

Love you Mom.
Good night y'all!

Thank you for stopping in!

9 comments:

  1. Given this weather, I can understand you being ready to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not long now and you will be heading south. ((Hugs)), memories are priceless.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice memories of your mom 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memories with and of our loved ones keep them alive in our hearts for sure.

      Delete
  4. Looks like Mrs Mantis was chowing down ... or at least hoping to. LOVE that syrup!! Time to head em up and move em out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, we had pancakes and sausage for supper last night too. It's an easy supper for sure, though I'd packed my cookbooks already and had to double check for a recipe on the 'net.

    Your mom had such a beautiful smile. You have such wonderful memories of her too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always loved the pictures of you and your beautiful mom. Waffles sound like a great dinner during the fall weather.

    ReplyDelete