Sunday, October 29, 2023

Enjoying the Peace and Restfulness, A Little Excitement

Tombstone, Arizona

On Sunday, Oct. 29th we were all messed up with the time. Gibbs had Bill up at 4, our clock in the bedroom said 5. They came back to bed and we woke again at 5:30, and our clock was reading 6:30, so we remained where we were until 7….you get the picture. Anyway, I got up then and encouraged Bill to go back to sleep as I was going to be working on my blog.

A beautiful morning
Ignore the reflections


The entrance sign and pay depot

My morning walk with Gibbs
This is an interesting camper, a/c and all!

Finally, I got yesterday’s post done and then took Gibbs for a walk around the camping area. It was cool first thing, 46F/8C but with clear skies, the sun had us warming up really quickly. We look forward to the sun heating our panels to charge the batteries but by the time that happens, I’m overdue for my cuppa tea. Bill came to my rescue and started the generator.


A desert flower that I know not.

The campground has cleared out almost
Only 5 of us left.

A selfie with my little snug-a-bug

When I finished my tea, Bill got my ‘bear hug’ chair out for me and I sat in the morning sun. Gibbs joined me for a while until he got too warm. 😊 We cleaned up and went up the hill into town around 10:30, leaving Gibbs in charge of the Suite. Bill was not successful in his hunt for the wall hanging he saw last spring. From what he remembers, it would have possibly been perfect for our gate back home. We’ll keep looking.

I saw these lawmen lined up
offering free (magic word) pictures
with them.

If you know me at all, you know
there would be no convincing me at all.
Who wouldn't?

Want a stage coach ride?

Meanwhile, we toured the town, since last night the shops were closed, and although we didn’t eat, we popped into a few stores before heading back down the hill. I parted ways with Bill at the Courthouse, thinking I might go into the museum but with a quick look inside, I wondered if it would interest me after all. Nah, I didn’t think so, and headed back to the Suite.

Longhorn Restaurant

Yay! Cactus!

A very healthy Ocotillo
and a Staghorn cactus

We had lunch and I went back outside to my chair. It was hot, I knew it would be, but I also knew it might be the most private place for me to sit and enjoy some sunbathing. I turned my chair to the southwest and soaked it up for a couple of hours. Gibbs was out with me for a while but it was too hot for him and for him sitting on me, that he returned indoors.


It's a beautiful old structure

This is a mine elevator
tucked in the back corner of the yard

We were thrilled to have five 4-legged visitors walk through the park. They weren’t in a hurry, which allowed us many photo opportunities. At 2:30, it was time for a cold drink so a glass of my beer margarita quenched my thirst! At 4:30, I put my chair away and came in to write my blog. Supper tonight was chili and then we relaxed for the evening with our books.

If you thought this might be a good motel to stay at
think again...........the proprieter doesn't speak.
He seems to have expired! 😂
It fooled both Bill and I at first glance.

That's the roof of the Suite behind the bushes

I was truly enjoying the sunshine

These 3 were first and they headed off across the front
of our site and ran up the hill to town.


Beautiful Couse deer.

This one has pretty soft antlers

Posing for us.
Bill was inside with the camera and I was outside
with my phone. That was exciting!

Temperatures today reached a lovely high of 72F/23C with a breeze from the northeast. That was cool for some of our friends in Quartzsite, but after the heat they’ve had all summer, I’m not surprised they’d feel a chill. 😊 We’ll be there soon but have one more stop to do first. 

Sometimes you just find the perfect bone


it just feels good to hold it in your mouth.

What a wonderful day this was! I say it was peaceful and that was including all the shooting going on up on Main Street. I don't know many cowboys survived or how many circumbed to their injuries. The sounds and cheers just made us chuckle. 

The sun sets without fanfare tonight.

Two different angles, two different cameras
Good night y'all!

Thank you for the visit!

15 comments:

  1. A nice visit to Tombstone! The heat sounds so inviting, we are looking forward to soaking some up ourselves.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Nose Kates and a picture with some cute cowboys not a bad time in Tombstone. It was cool here in Quartzsite today with the wind but warmer temperatures are on the way back. Enjoy the rest of your journey this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! Patti at the park in the Q said the same thing about yesterday. Hope it warms up for our arrival in a couple of days. Are you hanging out there long?

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the Tombstone tour. It’s been a while since we’ve been there.
    Lots of good history there. Happy your in Arizona....it’s quite a trip for you.
    Bet Gibbs is happy to get out of the truck for some run around!
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome It doesn't change much but we try each year to get here at least once. Once day we won't be able to and we love it!
      Gibbs is very happy when he can get out, So hard done by, eh? haha

      Delete
  4. A bit of fun, some relaxing in the sun...it sounds like a perfect day. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a perfect day in my book! Looks like the "guys" are back in town!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great place to visit. The cowboys are a nice touch.....I'd be getting my photo with them as well. The sun sounds marvelous, we haven't seen much of that the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cowboys are a nice touch. :) You'd love it there for a walk through. Similar to Oatman, remember? But better. ♥ Hope you get some sun with your colder temps, sis.

      Delete
  7. Nice day in Tombstone! Gibbs is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a great day in Tombstone. I love the picture of you with Wyatt Earp on your arm. That Gibbs loves the desert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! Thank you, I like it too so had to add it as my header. Gibbs is starting to smell of the desert too!

      Delete