Friday, October 6, 2023

Sun, Rain, Clouds, Sun (Arizona?) repeat, repeat until Bill Returns.

The Ridge

On Friday, Oct. 6th Gibbs and I slept in until 6:50. I took him out and it seemed relatively mild. Everything was wet though, after an all-night rain (or close to it) and it felt damp inside. I bumped the furnace on for a quick run through before stripping the bed and heading to Durham. The sky was pretty clear, which surprised me, the forecast has read nothing but rain for days.

When I arrived at the Mat, you can see that
the clouds were shoved way down on the horizon. 

The Mat was empty for the first 15 minutes and then Mr. Truck Driver arrived and then Mr. & Mrs. 80+ and Friendly. 😉 I know I’ve chatted with the driver before and he asked me when we leave for Arizona. What a memory, I said. He said, I don’t meet many new people. Honest answer. Plus, he’s young. It was nice to talk to these customers, sharing our stories. I finished up with the cleaning and changed my mind about drying our sheets at the laundromat.

Driving back down Baptist Church Road,
where did those clouds come from?


Notice the colours fading?

With the sun out and the sky seemingly clear, they would get hung on the line. By the time I returned home, I’d driven through heavy clouds and the sky looking like rain. LOL I hung the sheets anyway, thinking that the breeze alone may dry them. 

I sat with Gibbs for a while, we went outside for him to run and then at 10:30, I left for Williamsford. The Air bnb had 2 nights of overnight guests and more coming on Saturday night. Robin and Andrew are going to Montreal for Thanksgiving so I was happy to step in and clean for them.

I had to stop first at Robin's to let myself in and
get her laundry basket of clean sheets and towels.
She's a busy gal and ran out of time to take them to the bnb.
I don't mind at all, it's on my way.
She has lots of leaves from her one beautiful tree.

I arrived at 11:05. Check out is 11:00.
Look at those leaves? As a child, we loved them!

A picture from the front corner of the bnb.

Back home at 1:30, I reheated the leftover pizza in the convection oven. Wow, that is even better than in the fry pan. I'm not as good at frying it as George was. ðŸ˜Š 15 minutes at 325F and it was delicious. I’d promised M one more run into town for groceries so at 2:15 we nipped in to do that. Durham is a jumping little town on a long weekend, well, any weekend actually.

Some artistic creativity of Robin's.
Cute!

Before I left to take him in, our ‘man of the hour’ texted that he would be home around 3:30. It’s like Gibbs knew because he started watching out the windows 15 minutes before Billy and Bill drove up the lane. By 4, he was unloaded and we were a united family again. Since I’d eaten so late, the thought of a big supper was not appealing to me so I would let Bill decide what we’d have. His choice was grilled cheese so that was easy and mine, with tomato and onion, went down just fine.

Supper, almost too much for me.

This has been a good day and it is nice to have Bill back safe and sound. They didn’t finish the shed (he forgot to get a picture) but at least the framing is done and the clients are happy, so far. We have a Thanksgiving dinner to attend tomorrow so that will be nice to see some family again. 😊

No words ♥♥♥ 
Good night!

Take care and thank you for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!! How fun you get to celebrate TWICE!!! Once in Canada and once in Q.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gibbs - does this mean Bill has to leave again next week for a couple of days?
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete