Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Confusing Start but Together Again

The Ridge

On Tuesday, Oct. 3rd Bill didn’t have to go to work but was still up with Gibbs around 6. I heard him (in the foggy state of wastefulness) say to Gibbs “let’s go out and then come back to bed”. Gibbs came up but Bill stretched out in his recliner. I could hear him. 😊 I managed to drop off a few times before getting up around 7:15 and joining him downstairs.

Yesterday, I painted this end wall
(and yes, I FOCUSed)

Today, I tackled the front.

And it's not bad for a first coat.
I was happy to be done though
as I finished in the sun.

I didn’t have to clean but did have to go to M’s to start painting as early as possible. Here is the confusing part of our morning. We learned last night that Bill is going back up to the Orillia area with Billy to build a shed. They would leave in the morning (Wednesday) and stay until Friday, hopefully with it finished. Our truck ‘may’ or ‘may not’ be ready to come home today. Bill would catch a ride with Billy so we would not need 2 vehicles starting tomorrow.

Soon, they'll be on the ground so
I'll continue to take pictures

We decided to take the rental Ram back to Listowel after I returned home from work at noon. Dave from Car Star called to say it ‘might’ be later today or at least tomorrow that we could pick Black Beauty up. Hmmm, more thinking. If it wasn’t until Wednesday, I’d have to find someone to go with me to pick her up. Okay, I’m sure I could find someone. After I left for work, Bill met with Gerry and did a few things that he needed taken care of and that filled his morning. 😊

I began painting at 9 am, working in the shaded area, it went pretty well. Up and down the ladder, putting on a primer/base coat first. My grief was that he’d bought the small foam rollers (I preferred small to get in the steel ridges) and I went through 4 of them in two days. They literally fell apart on the roller! Grrr. I managed to get the primer done and although it isn’t a perfect cover, the white overcoat would finish it off just fine


Back home at noon, I badly needed a shower before anything else, it was already a ‘beating-down’ 30C/88F. Boy, did I feel better after that semi-cool wash! The good (??) news is that I have to do it all over again tomorrow. Dave called back and said we could come and get the truck. Yay! That put all the confusion behind us and things started falling into place.

Black Beauty was all cleaned up and waiting

We left at 1:45, dropped off the Ram and then to Mount Forest to pick up Black Beauty. Our deductible is low of which we are pleased. We paid it, the insurance company paid the $13,099 balance. Bill carried on home to find that the Montana had been picked up. Gayle had texted me so we knew our paths would not likely pass today.

Bill is happy the wait is over. 💖

I stopped in town for more 4” paint rollers, this time – good ones, not foam, some bread and a few greeting cards before I drove home. It is great to have us all at home on the Ridge again. Bill called our insurance company to put paperwork in motion for Ptooties to go into hibernation for the winter so that is another thing off the list. 😉

The Richard's entourage is together again

For supper, we had hot roast pork sandwiches, fried potatoes and vegetables with the last of the pie for dessert. That emptied 4 containers from the fridge, always a good feeling. This ended up to be a better day than we first thought it would be with some decisions hanging. We cleaned up dishes, Bill made his lunch, packed some drinks and clothes, sleeping bag and pillow for 3 days. He’ll be missed around here but we’ll manage.

Supper was good and easy

I feel peaceful that more things have been taken care of. Black Beauty is clean and very happy to be home. We can tell.

The sun sets through the trees

A better look

I thought I might be able to dig some bulbs tomorrow
or Thursday but there are still blooms to come.
(if we don't get frost, we may see them)
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are always welcome.

17 comments:

  1. Welcome home BB. You were missed!
    Painting is such a chore, the ladder kills! It does look much better.
    Safe travels Bill.
    There is nothing like a countdown in great weather.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb, on all counts. :)
      The countdown is great in good weather but we know it won't last so may have to dodge some wet stuff while packing up.

      Delete
  2. Great to see BB back at home! Great painting and in 2 days! Love how the trees are turning and love to see the large spans of greenery. Great pictures - THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news about the truck! It's good to cross things off the 'to do' list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY ... BB is back! I admit, I hate painting, but I sure do like the results when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay is right! I don't mind painting as long as it is clean and everything works well! Like rollers! haha

      Delete
  5. As I was reading this, my furnace was running as it is only 2C here this morning. The heat sounds good...though I know the a/c would be on instead.
    Glad to hear BB is back at home where she belongs. M is lucky to have you available to do these jobs (and buy the right equipment).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work with your painting project, grueling but looks so good when you're finished. Supper looks delicious, and your sweetie will be back before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the paint job does improve the looks of his 'shack'. It is his home so..........

      Delete
  7. Good to get the painting done on the shed. Glad Black Beauty is back. I'll have to back and find out what happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not a shed believe it or not - his home. LOL
      Go back to September 11 th to see what happened.

      Delete
  8. Glad to read that Black Beauty is home and happy to be there. My you got a lot done on that shed over two days.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. It looks like a shed but it is the front apartment of M's home.

      Delete
  9. I can see why you call her Black Beauty!

    ReplyDelete