Friday, October 13, 2023

Another Busy Day Here at Home – But an Easy Busy

The Ridge

On Friday, Oct. 13th we were both active by 7:30, or should I say ‘all’ active. 😊 It is sure nice that Bill doesn’t have to set an alarm now. I only have one more morning to clean the Mat and just heard last night that Robin could use me to clean the Air bnb on Sunday, one last time. I’m happy to help her out as it is extra cash in my bank account and I’m glad she is still getting the occasional booking.

This is October, not April.
Perhaps this robin is confused?

The day started with Bill driving to the Acreage at 8 am to fill the water bladder. It was enough to top our tank up to overflowing. That will do us for a while. He drove back to meet Gerry over there and they did a few things to close up their property. They shut the well pump down, took cover off their carport, and removed batteries from Gerry’s electric bike and put it and the riding mower into their storage shed.

Now, the blue jays we expect to see
hanging around.

Before returning home, he nipped into town to fuel Black Beauty up and stopped in to see Mark at the Water Store. We wanted to stock up on bottle caps and he was very generous. He’s a super nice guy. 😊 I began lunch preparation by frying my veggies for a quesadilla and adding an egg for Bill’s toasted Western. They were both filling and tasty, even though my tortilla got a bit black.

This morning, I’m sure you’ve noticed that I caught up on my two-day blog post. It has just been too busy to focus on it. That was before lunch and quite frustrating only because my laptop was giving me grief. After lunch, Bill worked outside and began emptying the basement to get it organized. It was then that one of my favourite people drove in.

Okay, this is just 'yum, yum, yum'.
Thank you Jamie!

Jamie, my former laundromat boss, has been vacant from our life for a while so it was really nice to see him. Since last summer, we haven’t seen him. I asked him a week ago if he had any maple syrup for us to buy so I knew he had either good or bad news on that subject. After a big ole hug, yes, he had the two bottles we needed. Yes, Nancy, one is for you. We had a great visit for a couple of hours and said our goodbyes.

Matt's birthday was yesterday,
Little Alexander helps his Daddy celebrate. πŸ’“

Bill finished packing and when he came in at 4:45, he said “I think we’re almost done”. 😊 The weather today is beautiful. There are clouds but they are white and fluffy and it is a pleasant enough 14C/56F. It does cool off when the sun disappears behind the clouds but that makes sense, doesn’t it? I had my tea and Bill had a Coke Zero and for supper, we had chicken thighs, potatoes and a veggie. That will clean up the chicken which is usually the only ‘iffy’ meat for crossing the border. Of course, we had to have the apple crisp for dessert. πŸ’—

The chicken in Rosy, the air fryer,
was cooked perfectly today.

Another yum, yum, yum. 

What a great day and to make it even better, we’ve had some birthdays to ‘celebrate’. Yesterday, was our newest son-in-law, Matt’s and then today we have 3 grandchildren to send greetings to. I think they should all have their cards by now.

Happy Birthday to the twins,
Carter and Zach. 

Happy Birthday, Olivia!
Good night!

Thank you for the visit. 4 more full days on the Ridge. 😊

8 comments:

  1. Wow your departure is coming up quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear the weather has improved, so things can get done.
    Best wishes to all celebrating another trip around the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering!!!!!! I just used up the last I had. Lots of birthdays to celebrate in your family!! Alexander ... that smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to keep up and was wondering when you would be heading west. The last few days always seem to go so quickly. Glad to see your weather is staying nice. I do really like fall. Looking forward to crossing paths down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days are a bit of birth. Fast and yet slow too. I know that mashes no sense but i think it is just our anxious hearts ready to go!!

      Delete