Sunday, October 8, 2023

Thanksgiving Saturday

The Ridge

On Saturday, Oct. 7th Gibbs was nudging Daddy at 6:30 to go out. It wasn’t a nice morning and the whole day was very strange. Bill got dressed and drove to Durham to get one of our two 40-lb propane tanks filled at the FS Co-op. I was in no hurry to do much of anything so sat and had my tea with Gibbs. Already, I can't recall. How easily we forget insignificant details. 

Sure, the sun is shining now but
look at the background of gray clouds

After he returned with the propane, he drove to the Acreage to get a bladder full of water and it turned out that Gerry and Mike were meeting out there to winterize their trailers. That means with Bill's help. 😂 So, even though short notice, Bill turned BB around and returned to take care of that job for them. They had a Thanksgiving to be to as well as us, so no dawdling allowed. Bill was soaked through when he got home.

While he was gone, Gibbs and I went out and tidied things up in the Bunky. We stack a lot of outdoor furniture in there so I needed to put some stuff up into the loft (I don’t worry about bagging as much like I used to, since we’ve never had mice in there) to make room. I brought puzzles, books and a couple of my craft drawers in to the Suite. Those things, including my paints, will come along for the winter. 😉

Our daily drive

Inside, I mixed up a batch of beer margaritas and cleaned things in the fridge. The apple cider went into smaller containers, things that would fit on the shelves and it was then that I decided I would take along one hummer feeder. I have a container of sugar water and don’t want to waste it. I don’t think I’ll take any other feeders along since we don’t really have a place to hang them. The ground is too hard to put any type of hanger on our site.

The rain would start, the wipers would go on
and the rain would stop and sunshine filled
the car. Crazy weather.

After a bit of lunch at noon, Bill and Gibbs snoozed and I read. I’m trying to finish my book so I can pass it on to Liz. We had our showers and at 2 pm left for her and Bruce’s home in Stratford for Thanksgiving dinner. They don’t have a dog so we left Gibbs at home, he’d be fine and likely sleep the day away. We arrived at 3:30 and we realized how long it has been since we’ve been there. They have a lovely home.

Liz used her tea wagon
(Personal server/waiter) 😀
to hold the food dishes. What you don't see here
is the corn she prepared for her brother. Bill is so spoiled. 

Dinner was served around 5:30 and oh my, did they outdo themselves! Such a wonderful meal, the food just kept being passed around. 😊 I’d taken my Ridge apple pie along with some Cool Whip and it was offered along with a pumpkin pie. We had a great visit, lots of laughs and a few drinks before I realized it was 7 o’clock. Gibbs would be having an extra long day and so we said our goodbyes and headed home. It had rained off and on all day in between patches of sun.

The table was set up nicely too.
We are so grateful that we have loving family to share
Thanksgiving with. On both sides. 💓

We were home by 9:30 and I went up to bed with a bit of a headache. I watched one episode of Justified and turned the tv off. What a lovely day, meal and visit with Liz, Bruce, Carol and Brian. Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian friends!

Compared to how my dinner plate usually looks,
this looks like overkill but it was a perfect delicious amount!
Thanks Liz and Bruce.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

8 comments: