Saturday, October 3, 2020

A True “I Did Nothing” Day – Awesome!

The Ridge

Saturday, Oct. 3rd was my day off. Well, Bill’s too but we’re talking about me here. 😊 No laundromat to clean, no trucks to work on. A day off. We both slept in and didn’t get up until 8 o’clock! I guess the week wore us both out. It was nice though, not having to bustle anywhere.

The garden will get some attention pretty soon
It needs to be 'winterized'

Downstairs, we had our coffee and tea together, a weekend thing now. I got involved writing and publishing a blog post and Bill took Ptooties into town to fill her up with cheap gas. He had earned enough points on one of his cards to get 7¢/litre off. So, the fuel price of 99.9¢ was a lovely 92.9¢. That’s really nice! He also got my RO water jug filled for me before returning home.

My geraniums just won't give up

It is a cool day with those gray overhead clouds again. One day, we’ll see the sun again and won’t it be appreciated!!?? We talked about what we were doing today and although I said I wanted to vacuum the Suite, Bill kindly took that duty off my hands. I was grateful for that gesture. After posting on my blog, I sat in my chair. We’ve had the furnace running today, set between 18C/66F and 20C/68F. We’ve both resorted to wearing long sleeves and slippers now too.

Now this nest at the end of the lane is visible

I got a lot of chapters read and am finding it hard to put my book down. So, I sat for much of the afternoon. Bill went down to his chilly Hangar and worked on the Corsair plane. He is very dedicated but I did suggest that next time he should take the small heater down. 

Mitch's patchwork house surprisingly looks quite cozy
with the 3 wood stoves burning and the colourful trees as a back drop
It should be in the back woods though

Around 3:30, I bundled and went for a walk down to the Turbine Lane. There was no wind and it was a really nice walk. I’m glad I went. The leaves on some trees are full and other trees are bare. Different strokes for…..you know.

This tree is almost naked

And this one is fully dressed


Back home, I made myself a cup of tea and read some more. Bill came up around 4:30 and made himself a hot chocolate. He would find it nice and warm inside. 

I found this fungus hiding under some weeds

Now you can see the size of it
There were two of them huddled together

Does this remind you of  searching for leaves for a school project?
We used to find the near perfect ones and iron them between wax paper
and keep them in books

At 5:30 it was time to start supper so I mixed up the ground beef mixture for meat loaf. I thought I’d give Madame IP a break tonight and cook it in the convection oven. The only difference (besides 30 minutes of time) is that the sauce on top is nicer in the oven. Crispier. 😊

The gray skies continued throughout the day

We were eating and done dishes by 7:15. Bill had some bread with his meatloaf and I had my piece of coconut cream pie. It was quite large and it filled me to the brim. I enjoyed it. We were watching a couple of movie repeats that we enjoy. Red and Red 2. Good for some chuckles for sure. Good Saturday night movies. 

Meatloaf and cauliflower
Delicious!

I sat with my book and if I don’t finish it tonight, it won’t be long before I’m done. This was an extremely lazy day for me. I loved it. I hope you had a good one as well.

Dessert - just as yummy

Good night!

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are always welcome.

10 comments:

  1. Oooooo PIE!! I am now looking forward to one of those do-nothing days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut cream pie is my favourite ... and that piece looked good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mitch's house with all the beautiful trees turning in the background! I love a do nothing day, even though Ken like Bill doesn't know what that is..haha. Meatloaf looks yummy and that pie!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A do nothing day is a good thing - everyone needs them. The leaves are sure dropping in a hurry. As long as that nasty four letter word waits until Christmas all will be okay.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting mushroom!

    Our trees here are in much the same condition as yours. Some are leafless, some still have a few and yet others are still green.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So even though provinces apart, we aren't that far apart in our fall show. :)

      Delete