Saturday, October 24, 2020

Taking a Breather, Tidying Up at ‘Home’, Executor’s Duties

 

Paisley, Ontario

On Saturday, Oct. 24th Bill and I took full advantage of a day off. We slept in and didn’t get up until almost 8 o’clock! We were both awake around 6 and then kept dropping back off again. Still dark outside, no rush to move. Once I woke up for good, Bill had dropped off again with his arm on mine so I didn’t want to wake him. I reached my phone and read blogs. 😊

Our clocks weren't synchronized but they were close!

Hard to pass up an opportunity to walk along the riverbank

Once we were up and dressed, he made a coffee and had some toast downstairs with Wes and Susan. I got bundled up for the 2C/37F morning and went for a walk. I’ll regret it if I don’t go and let me tell you, after walking near 2 miles, I truly would have been sad to have missed it. I found a new trail along the Saugeen River and followed it as far as I could. Thanks to a young couple walking their dog.

I like this walk but it wasn't long before it veered left to the
street

Up ahead (see my arrow?) it continued but on the other
side of an arm of the river
That side said "Private Property" so I didn't chance it today

Back home, I was warmed up and made myself a cup of tea. Wes had little ‘home’ jobs to do and Susan as well. We stayed out of each other’s way, which in the big house isn’t hard to do without really trying. Bill cleaned the water tank on our Keurig and I busied myself upstairs emptying boxes. Boy, we had a lot of ‘liquid-type’ stuff from the bathroom! I’m going to work at emptying the half-filled tubes etc. this winter. It is kind of ridiculous. That’s what I get for selling Avon, I guess.

Bacon and eggs plus half slice of spelt toast

We all met downstairs around noon hour, they were finishing up their lunch while I started cooking bacon and eggs at 12. Then we came upstairs and I set about getting some paperwork done for Mom’s estate. Things are coming together and I’m feeling confident that I won’t be too long getting things settled. At 3, Bill stretched out on the bed and I started my blog post before taking my crossword and book downstairs.

More pictures of my morning walk

Sorry, the views are just so pretty, I get carried away
and then want to share!

A cup of tea was in order so I decided to let him sleep and went down to my own peace and quiet in the living room. Supper tonight was thick pork chops and potatoes in Madame IP and coleslaw on the side. 

A little history in the town

The foundry chimney still stands - alone

I was hungry and it tasted good but after dishes, I left Bill watching the kitchen tv and came upstairs. I had a bit of a headache so took two Advil and worked on my blog post. Could be the change in the weather, who knows? It’s unusual for me to have them.

This town should be nicknamed 'the town of bridges'

In two days, I have walked across 4 already and I'm not done yet

Pork chops for supper and they were good and very filling

This was a relatively easy day, just hanging around here but at the same time, I got a lot of smaller stuff taken care of. Starting the day off with a nice walk was a bonus. We’ve got some cold nights and cool days coming in the next week and then it will probably stick around. We’re very glad to be somewhere warm without having to pay the propane costs. 😊

I leave you with a huge beautiful home
I'm assuming maybe fairly new owners because of the
small hedges planted up the sidewalk to the house
Good night!

Thank you for your visit today!

6 comments:

  1. That a beautiful new area for you to walk. LOVE that house. So much character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've certainly found a lovely area to walk. I quite the photos, and understand the desire to share.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely area to walk for sure!I know what you mean about bathroom stuff haha. It's so easy to accumulate! Hoping all of mom's stuff goes easily for you and it's done shortly. Your dinner looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last picture of the house....wow. That's a beauty. Do you have a desk in your bedroom for getting paperwork done?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another busy day Exploring and getting Chores done.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I notice the riversides are lined with dikes, with the trails on top of the dikes. I think there's a local history of serious flooding. Hardly ever through Paisley until our son and his wife moved to Underwood, straight west of you.

    ReplyDelete