Friday, December 9, 2022

Counting Steps, Book List, A Birthday on Earth and One in Heaven ♥

Park Place RV Park

On Friday, Dec. 9th, Bill stayed home. He had a plane engine he was sending out for repair (fingers crossed) and he wanted to get it packaged up and sent away this morning. Gibbs and I walked but because it was feeling quite chilly, 37F/3C, I made my tea back home before heading out for my longer walk. 😊 Brrr!

Gibbs wore his sweater on this morning

Our shadows are kind of cool!

I was dressed warm enough, even with my bare feet and loafers, but my ears, chin and face were cold. It was closer to 9:30 when I tried it again and found it to be quite a bit nicer with the heat of the sun warming those ‘parts’. 

there's the moon, not quite as pretty this morning, huh?

Trailer for 'sale or rent'
Ha ha, this has been dropped across from the truck stop

It started out to be a calm morning
with clear blue skies

I walked in a different direction and followed the sidewalk towards Main St. I was surprised that it was closer than I thought! At Discount Solar, I looked both ways and when I saw Dollar General also on the corner, turned around the same way I came.


At the corner of Main St. I turned
back towards home

That will be a nice walk one day when I’m looking for something different to do. I love poking in the $ stores when I’m not on a time limit. Back home, I decided to re-type my Book List in One-Note on my laptop. Bill got me set up with a table in the program and I was off! This past summer, I tried to sync my list from a Word document and as much as it worked, I wasn’t able to make any changes. That meant starting over.

What a funny looking car/van/truck?

I had a lot of pages so with over half of the books typed, we had lunch before I went back at it to get ‘er done. When I’d finished that, I walked over to the clubhouse. I was finally getting somewhere with the puzzle so hated to leave at 4 when the office was closing. However, as much as I could have stayed, Suz turned the light off and it was connected to the light over my table. LOL They added a new wall and made changes in there so I guess they never thought of that.

Yes, I'm a bit embarassed to see what crud collects
in the bottom of our trays
so this was a good move
Notice the different lengths?

Yesterday, I bought to 11.5" w silverware trays
and they fit perfectly!
Both the same length leaving more room at the back
for longer utensils

I had a cup of tea back home and then Gibbs and I went for our afternoon walk. I’ve reached over 7700 steps today, which is better than my last 11 days. I’m proud of myself for pushing it. 😊 

Yes, I'm going to show you my daily updates
They're starting to look like crayons. 😂

For supper, Bill started grilling pork chops at 5:30. We have Fire Country to watch tonight at 7, AZ time, so wanted to be ready to watch it. I’ll still be working on my blog but I can see the tv from my spot.

This has been a great day. This morning, I extended a wish to my girlfriend in London for a Happy Birthday. I hope she received her card on time. She has been a dear friend for many years, meeting at the School Board where we both worked.

Our afternoon walk, no sweater
although it didn't get any warmer than 63F/17C


Also, today is my Dad’s heavenly birthday. He wouldn’t want to be here at 99 years old but he was still taken too soon. Happy Birthday, Daddy.


Thank you for the visit.

10 comments:

  1. I remember seeing a van like that around Pembroke for the longest time. I think it said Reg Smallpiece on the side of it. He had a junk store on the main street for a long long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. i was trying to be discreet taking the picture. :)

      Delete
  2. We aren’t as cold in the morning, we were 44f yesterday around 7 am but it’s Dec and no snow! I’m wearing a lot of jeans and hoodies this year. That wind is cold.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to dig out my ear covering but I did buy a used hoodie today at a garage sale!

      Delete
  3. Hey you got all winter to finish this puzzle :-) Maybe the park has a table lamp you could plug in when they turn off the lights? Isn't it a good feeling having that drawer with cutlery all neatly organized. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I have too many puzzles to do this winter, gotta get this one out of the way - soon!
      I talked to Suz about the lights and she didn't realize it 'left me in the dark'. She made a note to leave that one switch alone at night. ;)

      Delete
  4. There is a talent to putting those puzzles together!!! I do love a neat drawer ... it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, I would think 37F is very chilly for that area. Did our polar vortex make it that far south? We're warming up slightly today, hooray!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't surprising here for morning temps to be low - just not freezing. It is winter here after all.
      Thank you!

      Delete