Sunday, December 11, 2022

Windy Day, Busy Clubhouse

Park Place RV Park

On Sunday, Dec. 11th Bill and I got up together around 8:15. Well, that meant Gibbs did too. 😊 They’d both been up already at 7 for a quick outing but it was routine now that I also take him for a walk right away. The temperature was already 10 degrees warmer than yesterday’s 37F/3C and that meant I didn’t have to bundle up so much.

Last night, we had a few chuckles
Top picture, sound asleep puppy dog
Bottom picture, 'did you take pics of my sleeping'

We walked through some of the desert trails and then Gibbs veered me towards the shortcut behind our park. We walked slowly and he met a little chihuahua before we headed home. 

We started walking in the desert
before finding the pavement to finish

I had my podcast ready to go and that entertained me as I went for my long walk. I ended up so close to Bill’s flying field but knew it meant an even longer walk back so only went as far as the town park before turning back.

This is just MY opinion, but
some dogs should look in the mirror before
leaving the house. πŸ’—πŸ˜‚



I followed the path to the Ironwood tree
and it was worth the walk

I had my tea and a bowl of cereal while playing my online word games. Bill surprised me by being home at 10. The winds had picked up and everyone left for home. You can’t fly safely on a 20-mph windy day. Gibbs and I sat outside for an hour before lunch and it was a good thing the sun was out or it would have been a bit chilly. The winds were playing havoc with the dust across the road and the odd grocery bag was getting caught up in the game. :0

I've rarely seen anyone using the facilities/equipment
at the Town Park - sad

More of my walk
What an interesting flower/bush

At 1, I went to work on the puzzle. It was busy over there. Patty was getting help from the new host setting things up for the January rush. The Park is full for the month so I can certainly imagine that that makes it hectic. There was a football game on and a couple of men had come in to watch it when Adele (from Poker Pool) and her husband came in to play pool while doing their laundry.

Bill working on his plane
Gibbs and I just relaxing outside

No one was bothering me but after a couple of hours of working (really working!) at the puzzle, I walked home. It was actually nice to see everyone having a good time. Bill was working on fixing a plane when I got home so I made a tea, had a cookie and stayed out of his way. 😊 

You may not see the difference
but I do
I found 2 more border pieces, only 2 left to find!

This morning when Bill returned, I sat down and ordered my Christmas presents. We agreed that we’d each just order/pick up our own thing instead of trying to surprise each other.

The clubhouse is beginning to look festive

Stocking stuffers though, we’ll do when we get out shopping. Because it was a dull afternoon, we sat and watched Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Just a fun movie that makes us laugh. Supper was air fried shrimp with fries and a salad on the side. It was a good meal. We loaded the dishwasher and by then, we’d heard the wind increase and when Bill took Gibbs out, he reported that it was spitting.

The sky looks different depending
on which way you look

The rain is not unexpected, the clouds were quite heavy and dark for a while, but it won’t amount to much and won’t last. 

After supper, I worked on my post while we watched the two Christmas specials that we watched with our children for many years. How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Remember those? This has been a good day.

Here is the little fellow that sits perched on
Black Beauty's antenna
Good night!

Thanks for the visit!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are both enjoying being parked at that park. The crayon puzzle looks like a fun challenge for you. Cute addition to Black Beauty's antenna.
    That is a nice looking park and I do not think I have ever seen that many people there either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Deb, it does sound you are enjoying the park a great deal.
    We too are wearing long pants and heavier sweaters, a nip to the wind.
    The puzzle would drive me crazy, glad you are enjoying the challenge.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gibbs stole the show again today sis! He is such a ham for the camera. That puzzle would drive me crazy I think. My eyes would be crossed after working on it for more than an hour.
    We have a ground covering of snow and temps around 0 and -1 C which is quite mild really. We don't have the wind from last week though. It always feels colder when it's blowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Gibbs often steals the show. The little bum.
      I could use your help on this puzzle, where are you?
      Those are nice'home' temps for sure. Enjoy.

      Delete
  4. The photo of the dog in his fancy outfit made me laugh. And your comment was even more funny!
    The park is going to be even busier in a couple of weeks from the sounds of it. More folks for your poker pool.
    I never saw Home Alone (1 or 2) when they came out. But they're my grandson's favorite movies so I've seen both about 3 or 4 times since October. I'm hoping to get him to watch Toy Story or Cars with me at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That poor dog is all i can say. He looks a bit ridiculous! I think Gibbs looks cuter in his sweaters!
      This movies may seem harsh for little people but Macaulay is a coin kid to watch.

      Delete
  5. I don't know how you do those puzzles. I don't have the patience I guess. Tell them to make my parking space EXTRA WIDE so I can back in! LOL. Hopefully the weather will warm up and Bill can get in lots of flying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This puzzle is trying my patience for sure!!
      You'll get in your spot just fine. Rick is very good at directing. And Bill is always here to help.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely day. I can actually see the difference in the puzzle. Way to go on getting it together.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite the wacko dog you found, and quite the amazing old tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor thing, eh? I knew you, of all people, would enjoy the tree!

      Delete