Friday, December 16, 2022

Poker Pool, A New Puzzle , Night Flying

Park Place RV Park

Thursday, Dec. 15th arrived similar to every other morning so far this week. Cool to start, with 33F/.5C, so it was necessary to bundle up for our/my walk. Gibbs went without his sweater because Mom forgot. I’m not sure if he was cold, but we didn’t even make 15 minutes when he cut across the desert field back to home. No worries.

Morning walk, morning sky


He might have had an upset tummy through the wee hours of the morning since he had Bill up at 4. Highly unusual and he had to both businesses to take care of. Poor wee fellow. So, it was almost 8 by the time we got out and 8:30 when I dropped him at home. I wore a hoodie that I picked up at a garage sale on Saturday for $3 and I was grateful for the hood to loosely cover my ears.

My next puzzle

I walked the big block but I had important business going on this morning so didn’t extend it, not worrying about my step count today. I had my tea and a couple of keto shortbread cookies, no guilt, and walked over to play Ladies’ Poker Pool. It is a hit, let me tell you! 😊 There were 5 of us, 2 new players, and we played 6 games between 9:30 and 11:30. I’m not always the loser, and I am improving my skills.

Daunting, yes, but I'll enjoy this one.

I wasn’t home 5 minutes when Bill drove in from the field. He had a good morning too with a couple of flights. He’s much happier these days, having figured a few things out in regards to his hobby. We had lunch, a sandwich for Bill and a quesadilla (of sorts) for me and I walked back over around 1:30 to start a new puzzle. Another challenging one but it should be easy in comparison to those crayons!

The sky by late afternoon was clouding over

Back home, Bill was doing hobby stuff inside, that wind is bitter for doing anything outside, so I made a tea and sat with my laptop. The rest of the afternoon passed quickly enough and at 5:30, we left Gibbs at home and drove the mile or so to view the night flying at Bill’s flying field. Last year, Bill had a plane with led lights as well but not this year. It’s fun and very interesting to see the planes up in the night sky all lit up like little ufo’s.

Driving to the field, the lower sky was pink
Bottom picture, see the plane taking off?

My feet were getting chilly so when the last plane was about to land, we headed out. It was after 6:30 so we drove to Carl’s Jr. to see what their burgers were like this year. Last year, we weren’t impressed. 

A very calm night for flying
The lights are one colour on top 
and a different colour on the bottom
so flyers can tell in the dark which way is up.😃

I think this one was red on top

Turns out, they were quite tasty and the fries are like Mcd’s so very good. I felt chilled so slipped into my pj’s and curled up in my chair while we watched Michael Buble’s Christmas special and a few episodes of Mom. At 9:30, I was falling asleep so retired to bed.

Bill took a couple of these photos
and I took a couple
The bottom one is blurred but it shows how the runway
is lit up for their landings 

This was a fun day, I’m very proud that I pushed myself into the pool game and the ladies are very encouraging. We all have fun.

Another fast food night but it
was convenient and tasty 
Good night!

Thank you for your visit!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day, with hobbies at the forefront. Darn this weather, I keep hoping it will warm up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have enjoyed watching the lit up planes on their night flights. French fries are my favourites more so than the burger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They do stop when it gets too dark, hard to find the runway even with the under-plane lights.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the pool game, it sound likes fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see the night flying. Hope you get better weather soon.

    ReplyDelete