Thursday, December 29, 2022

Taking it as it Comes, Fun and Games

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Dec. 29th Gibbs didn’t get Bill up until 7 am so we all got to sleep in, not just me. 😊 It was still a bit dark and with heavy clouds that meant no sun yet. Well, if at all. There was more rain overnight although we didn’t hear it. Just the evidence wet gravel and the tonneau over was damp. I didn’t go out with Gibbs until 8, and even then we didn’t go far.

This is my next puzzle
and my first picture of the day

Bill left soon after we returned. It was a lazy feeling I had so I didn’t even go for my singular walk. I sat with Gibbs and read my book, which is quite a good mystery/detective-type story. Plus, I felt chilled and bumped the furnace on for a quick warm up while I drank my tea. Tea, which now I am enjoying again with the heavy cream, coconut oil and collagen.

And a good head start

I left for the clubhouse at 9:15 and Susan was just folding up the pool table cover. Patti couldn’t play today with extra managerial duties so there were just the 4 of us. We still had a good time and played for 2 ½ hours. Susan’s husband, John, has mentioned more than once that he’d like to see something like it for the men and today suggested a co-ed game.

My walk back from the clubhouse was
under an array of beautiful cloud formations

They looked to me for the decision because it is ‘Pat’s game’, which is a respect I wasn’t expecting, and I said if we can work out how to include more than 6 players, I’m up for it. What about couples with each team alternating with the shooter and 7 cards dealt instead of 5? I’d have players draw names or cards to pick partners rather than have a husband and wife team play together. Some don’t have a significant other. So, we’ll see how it follows through.

Looking across the desert

Bill and I had bacon and eggs for lunch and then I went to start the puzzle at 1:30. I found this one at The Mission Store back home and loved the picture and cute metal box. No one showed up to help but I got the border done and quite a bit of the boy on the tractor. This one won’t take long, I don’t think. Back home, I had a cup of tea and sat with my boys before supper.

Gibbs and I went for an afternoon walk
and the clouds were even more dramatic

We had hamburger helper with mixed vegetables and it was a nice hearty meal for a cooler day. The temperature didn’t get above 63F/17C but with no sun and a bit of a breeze, it felt cooler than that. We loaded the dishwasher and settled in for the evening.


I love how this picture turned out

Gibbs is being a little imp this evening. Even before supper, he started with grabbing my shoes, our tea towel which hangs on the freezer bar and my slippers from the bedroom. He is doing it all on purpose, for attention, and then looks at us with the item in front of him waiting for our reaction. When we don’t respond, he grabs it and runs at us in a ‘zoomie’. How can you not laugh at that?

Supper tonight

We watched a movie together and I turned more pages in my book. This was a good day. I hope wherever you are that the weather is good or at least better than it was and the snow is melting!

Here he is, our little 'imp'/'monster' etc. etc. 
We keep saying 'it's a good thing we love you so much'
and 'it's a good thing you're so darn cute!' 💗
good night y'all!

Thank you for popping by.

12 comments:

  1. That Gibbs is a needy little guy, but cute, even when sleeping. Love the puffy white clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gibbs loves attention, yes indeed. Good thing we love giving it! ♥

      Delete
  2. I use the same words for Reggie many times in a day. Puppies are so much fun and cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha and they love us as much (or more) than we love them! ♥

      Delete
  3. Oh yes ... the "play with me" look, dropping a wet dog toy in my lap. How can you resist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like a little kid - at their cutest when they're sleeping. :)
    I don't consider myself very good at photography but your photo reminds me of something a good photographer told me once - frame with thirds work best. The tree on the left takes up a third of the frame and the house on the right one third. The sky is almost 2/3 and the road the other third. I'm not sure why that works but it does. Very nice!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE that puzzle!! It would be so cute framed! That was nice that the group left the decision to you. Looks like more people are pulling into the park. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute? :) The park right now has a lot of overnight transients but in a couple of weeks, they'll be full until the end of the month.

      Delete
  6. You're obviously having a wonderful relaxing time down there. Here the big melt is going at full speed, and we actually got out of the house today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're good at relaxing. :) I'm glad your snow is melting, just hope it isn't too fast. Oh, I'm glad you got outside today, I heard it was quite mild!

      Delete