Saturday, December 24, 2022

One More Sleep! A Quiet Christmas Eve Day and a Birthday

Park Place RV Park

On Saturday, Dec. 24th, Bill was up at 6:30 with Gibbs and once more stayed up while Gibbs and I went back to sleep until 7:15. I could hear Bill calling someone and knew immediately that he was calling his daughter to wish her happy birthday. Time to get up! Krystal tuns 39 today and her life is taking off with new adventures. 

Happy Birthday, Krystal!
(I borrowed from her FB site)

Gibbs and I went for a very short walk but that was in part, my fault this morning. I put Clemson’s red ‘sweater’ on him and it was a bit too small so when the snaps came undone, he was too distracted to walk and so we turned back for home. I took the sweater off and told myself that I will make him a new one for next Christmas. 😉


The sweater lasted for about 10 minutes
but doesn't Gibbs look Christmassy? 💘

A lovely morning again

Bill was almost ready to leave for the flying field when we returned so I waited until he left before putting on a lighter jacket and following his route. Listening to my next podcast, the walk seemed quite short and I cut through at the dog park into Celia’s Rainbow Garden. It is a large area of 8 acres with many ceremonial markers throughout and although not a very well-kept garden, a treat to walk through. I took quite a few pictures so I'll share some with you.

Entering Celia's Rainbow garden

Adamsville is always an interesting walk around too

A closer look at some of the buildings

I love the creativity but I wish someone
would look after them

From there, I walked through to the Quartzsite Desert Flyers field to see Bill. He wasn’t having a lot of luck with his Piper Cub and after watching him trying to start it for a while, I carried on home. I met Carol Ann as she was walking to the field to meet her husband. If I’d known, we could have walked together. 




Back home, I made my tea and got the dust mitt out. I wanted our Suite to be clean for Santa’s visit. 😊 With the dusting done, the vacuum took care of the floors.

They are preserving what is remaining of this Saguaro
On the right, you can see how close Black Beauty is parked

That looked and felt much better to me. The next thing on my list of things to do was wrap the few gifts I had for under the tree and stuff Bill’s and Gibbs’ stockings. I finished just in time as Bill arrived hoe around 11:30. He had a couple of small jobs to do as well and then wrapped and stuffed my stocking gifts.

Bill didn't even see me walking up, he
was so intent on getting the Cub started

The rest of the day was quiet. We have lovely temperatures today, waking up to 43F/6C rising to 74F/24C with complete sunny skies. Our lunch was fried eggs on fresh French bread and it hit the spot. Around 3:30, I walked over to the clubhouse just to see what, if anything, was going on. It was pretty quiet so I wandered back home and took Gibbs for an afternoon walk. It made up for this morning’s. 😊

I made a cup of tea and got my blog started. For supper, we’ve decided on air fried shrimp and fries. I guess we’ll call it our Christmas Eve dinner. This afternoon, we made a couple of phone calls to family back home to see how they are doing in the storm. Tomorrow is a day to call the kids so got a couple of the sibs’ calls out of the way today. This has been a nice way to spend our day.

And Christmas Eve  2019 was spent at Ken and Kim's
site in Pilot Knob RV Resort
Front to left around the circle we have:
Tom, Deb, Dave, Cheryl, Kim, John, Gayle, my chair,
Bill, Ken, Bob, JoAnn
Merry Christmas eve!
GOOD NIGHT!

Thank you for stopping in. Merry Christmas!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely picture of Krystal. The three of you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Patsy, Bill and Gibbs. I'll bring some small nails and a big bottle of glue. Maybe we can spruce up the garden a bit when I get there. Get out your crochet hook for a Gibbs sweater ... there are lots of patterns on the internet. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved hearing about your dusting mitt! Merry Christmas xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you two are having a Merry Christmas today!,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Krystal.
    Merry Christmas Patsy, Bill and Gibbs.

    Deb & Riley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Krystal! Hoping your Christmas day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete