Monday, December 19, 2022

Dropping off One Puppy, Picking up Another ♥

Park Place RV Park

On Monday, Dec. 19th the only important thing on our agenda was for Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Today he was getting his bath, cut and nail trim at Tara’s Grooming. However, the day started out pretty normal with our walks taken care while Bill went flying. After my tea and cereal, I spent the morning with Gibbs, playing my online Word games and then working on my blanket.

A lovely morning

Me and my shadow

When I was ready to have a coffee around 10;30, Bill drove in. I guess there was one other important thing happening today. We were (I was) expecting a UPS delivery today sometime but had no real time it would arrive. It was my Christmas present so I wanted to be home to receive it. 😊


We had lunch around noon and we put a note for the delivery service on the door with instructions to leave the parcel on the step. Tara was ready for him although he hesitated at being ‘handed’ over. I wonder if he remembers her from last February. 

Here is the 'before'

She did do a good job but this time I had some special instructions regarding his facial hair and ‘eyebrows’. Remember the western ‘stache’?

Tara's boutique for pets

From there, we had a propane tank filled at Pit Stop and a quick stop for some bread before driving back home. I knew we had 2 hours before picking him up so I went to the clubhouse to put some more pieces in. The day is certainly a warmer one than it was yesterday. We have a high today of 61F/16C and the sky present us with a gorgeous clear blue. The sun was warm from early morning so we turned the power connection off and used our inverter. We pay for our electric here so have been saving kw’s as much as possible.

Aha! There is a house coming to the picture!

At 2:45 or so, I returned home from the clubhouse and we drove back to town to pick up our thinner pooch. Tara was running late so instead of 3 pm, it was closer to 3:30 when she was finished with Gibbs. 

While waiting, I took some pictures
of her decor

He was so good, she said, and was very happy to run out to greet us with his new little necktie. She has a few items for sale so we picked out a new piece of clothing for him, tipped her and wished her a Merry Christmas before we left. When we returned home, my UPS box was sitting beside the step but Bill tucked it away until Dec. 25th.

Here is our little boy
all ready for Christmas 💓💓

Daddy is getting a good boy a cookie

I’m sure L J Gibbs feels so much better but he will still need a coat for our early morning walks or he’ll be c-c-cold. 😊 

While he eats his cookie, I am able
to sneak a picture of his little bow tie

For supper, Bill made fries and I reheated the gravy and roast beef. Hot roast beef sandwiches were just the ticket and it was delicious! 

This home cooked meal of leftovers and fries
was delicious

I'll be making another batch
of Christmas cake

For dessert, I had removed the last piece of my homemade Christmas cake from last year.Because it was a dry batch, I made a brown sugar sauce. I think it was too ‘good’ for us but we sure enjoyed it and there is enough of both items for another night. After cleaning up the dishes, I watched Shrek 2 and whole-heartedly enjoyed this fantastical love story. 😍 Bill had another movie that he preferred to watch upstairs. 

someone had a really big day
and after gobbling up his supper, he sleeps
Be still my 💗
Good night

This was a good day and we’ll be warming up here on in at least until Christmas. Thank you for your visit!

22 comments:

  1. That sign was such a hoot, and all true! LJG looks so handsome afterwards. Merry Christmas. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the sign was cute too!
      LJG thanks you. 😊
      Merry Christmas to you as well.

      Delete
  2. Gibb's looks so soft and very handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the sign, it gave me a chuckle. LJ Gibbs is looking pretty spiffy!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sign ... and it's true!! Gibbs is such a handsome boy! I'd sleep after all that spa treatment too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed at the sign, good points al of them. Gibbs looks so handsome with his new haircut. I'm sure as the weather warms up he'll be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good points.
      Gibbs is ready for warmer days and Christmas.

      Delete
  6. You might want to let Bill know that RV Lifestyles has propane now and it's ten cents a gallon cheaper. No charge for using your debit card.
    Puppy dog looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gibbs looks quite dashing. Hopefully he isn't too cold on your morning walks.

    We had hot beef sandwiches and fries last week. So good.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to put his coat on and don't tell him but he's getting a new coat from Santa. :)
      Love hot roast beef sandwiches.

      Delete
  8. Good looking little doggy. Gibbs must feel that he is all prettied up. Wishing you guys a happy and healthy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very handsome boy. Merry Christmas! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. I won't tell Gerry you cut all Gibbs curls off. He has such a love of long hair...people and dogs I guess! I love the bow tie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I think of Gerry every time Gibbs gets a cut. :) The bow tie is a cute addition.

      Delete
  11. kestrel here. The shadows are really looong!. I like the top ten reasons why it costs more to groom your pet. Just reading at Nob 10, I am more than ready to pay up!!! Gibbs is a handsome devil for Christmas, with a bow tie. I hope he gets a Christmas present too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He kestrel! Nice to hear from you. Those top ten reasons made me laugh and they are all true! Yes, Gibbs will get a few goodies from Santa too. ♥

      Delete