Saturday, December 31, 2022

Happy New Year!

Park Place RV Park

It has been a great 2022 for Bill and I. That is what I woke up thinking on Saturday, Dec. 31st. We don’t bother making resolutions anymore, at least none that we say out loud, and we don’t put any pressure on the year ahead. We’ve come to move forward with no expectations other than to continue being true to ourselves, each other and everyone in our circle. The circle that includes family, friends and close acquaintances.

Pretty morning skies never
disappoint

Sniff sniff

Gibbs and I went for a 15-minute walk around the short block and then I toured out on my own. Today, my podcast by Mitch Albom was related to resolutions. 😊 The weather this morning was warm although our thermometer only read 49F/9C. The sun accepted the challenge of poking through the clouds but lost the battle by the beginning of the afternoon. It was a very nice walk, with my layers not totally necessary.

I chose to walk towards Bill's flying field
and this was along the path
A dash of colour

I turned around at the sign up ahead on the left
and returned home

I met Bill on his way to the field, as often happens, and back home I had my tea and yogourt with Gibbs. I ran out of time to play all the Wordle games but managed to conclude Phrazle before noon hour. I was headed for the puzzle by 10 as we are just about finished. Susan, Adele and Robert joined in the fun until noon hour when I came home for lunch with Bill.

the clouds were just hangin' around
on the mountain tops

I had my salad plate; it tastes good but it’s kind of a hohum lunch with too little fat for me. I made a coffee with good cream that will help fill me, left the boys alone and at 12:45 walked back over. Just Susan and I worked on it in between check-ins and phone calls. Things are picking up with January just on the wire. I finished the picture at 3:15 and walked home for my tea.

this one is zoomed in but
I wanted to see that Plomosa Mountain up close

Because it is New Year’s Eve, we’ve decided on a small supper of tomato soup as we’ll likely indulge in a drink or two with chips to bring 2023 in. We will be watching a couple of count downs 2 hours earlier than our family and friends back home so I may still make my 10 pm bedtime. 

the light glare takes away from the picture
but this was another fun puzzle to do

The sky was completely covered in smooth-looking gray clouds but it was still a warm 64F/18C at 4:30. I took Gibbs for a walk this afternoon and boosted my step count and helped him to expel energy as we walked and even jogged behind the park boundaries.

With no unobstructed views, this was the best I could
get of the last 2022 sunset
Is that the White Lion? 

You can see from Old Glory that it turned
quite windy later this afternoon

We paid our hydro/electric bill for the month and thank you to our solar panel usage on sunny days, it was a nice low amount. Bill wasn’t surprised as he kept an eye on the meter from when we moved in. 😊 This has been another good day for the books.

good night from both of us!
Thanks for your visit, may your realistic dreams come true in 2023.  

         HAPPY NEW YEAR!

12 comments: