Monday, January 24, 2022

A Quiet Day All Around, Another Follower, Family Birthday


La Posa South, Quartzsite, Az

It was 7:20 on Monday, Jan. 24th when Gibbs and I slipped out of bed, leaving Daddy to drop back off, if he could. It was another nice morning, clear sky, no wind and 44F/7C so therefore, a nice walk. Gibbs, our gigolo, met two little female dogs, nose to nose, but no valid prospects. I think he still has Gabby (or Allie?) in his mind. 😊

The pink mountains strike again. ♥

I took a peek at our battery situation this morning and was pleased that they were charged up to 12.2 before I left for my walk. This is just proof of what that glorious sun can do.  Yesterday was a zinger. We made our coffee and tea and relaxed while we drank it. Bill wanted to get our fresh water topped up so drove up around 9 to fill the bladder. When he came back, he wasn’t too happy. The inside of the cap broke when he turned it off so we stewed a bit about how to transfer the water to the tank.

Hello sunshine

While outside, there was a man heading across the gravel towards us. Hmm. Gibbs was going a bit crazy so rather than listening to the barking and trying to restrain him, I put him inside where he stopped immediately. We met James, an rv’er from southern Louisiana who reads our blogs. 😊 😊 So cool! I’m glad he stopped by and we chatted for quite some time about everything.

Back at home, I noticed Bill and Janet walking
through with the pompoms. :) We were inside though so I missed them.

He began by following The Bayfield Bunch, so sidebars do work. He’s read theirs, ours and Nancy’s plus, I’m sure, a number of others. I should have snapped a picture but I didn’t have my camera. Hopefully, we’ll see him and his wife, Cindy, when they walk through next time. Bill managed to hold the cap in a way that he transferred 90% of the water from the bladder to our tank so 3 cheers for his ingenuity – again.

The cap that attaches to the valve for draining
our water bladder


4 little pieces that broke out of it
Our old bladder is back home, so once more
we just need to get through this week.

The rest of the day was pretty low key. We had scrambled eggs and bacon for lunch and read our books. I spent most of the day out in either of our chairs, moving according to how hot I was. Bill and I noticed the hummingbird hovering around my new feeder so that is encouraging. Once he figures it out, he’ll be back, I hope. The day was quieter than normal because our neighbours were gone from 10 until about 3. 😊

This morning, Gibbs found a bottle he'd found
a week ago and left behind
He dropped it before we got home. 

They aren’t noisy, but we can hear every conversation which means they can probably hear ours. At 5:45, we started supper. Fish and chips tonight. We have tv to watch tonight, so Bill will try the generator to plug in the Fry Daddy. 

Okay, so all you crocheters, no laughing.
This doesn't look like it is supposed to - AT ALL!

This is the tutorial I was watching
I'm obviously an idiot with a crochet hook in my hands. LOL

I should have quit before I started. :(

I chatted on Messenger with Deb late this afternoon and she has graciously offered to help me get a blanket started before we go our separate ways. They are not far down Hwy 95 so we’ll try and get together on the weekend. Thanks Deb!

supper was good

Daddy's boy waiting by the door for him
Twice today he sat on the step, like he does at home. ♥

Supper was good. The cod fish was tasty, Bill had the fries and I cooked some sweetlet peas to share. This afternoon we had a snack so this meal was just enough to fill us. This was a good day and evening as well watching a few of our favourites. Yay, the generator started again! 

A hang glider flew over today

Lastly, today is a special day. My sister-in-law, Liz, is celebrating a birthday today so I can't miss wishing her all the best.😊

Happy Birthday to lovely Liz ♥

Good night everyone!

Thank you for stopping in.

14 comments:

  1. Great picture of the mountains. Isn't it fun to break things and then have to figure out how to fix it or make it work! I've been doing that for weeks now. Happy bithday to Liz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mountains are almost as good at posing as Gibbs!
      No. I disagree!! I'd rather things not break at all!!

      Delete
  2. Hi folks- continue to enjoy the blog & your adventures.My Honda generator that accompanied the 5th wheel didn’t appreciate any gas that had ethanol in it- so high test solved the start/ stop.A superior crazy glue may fix the broken cap long enough until a replacement can be found.If you have room,extra battery (s) would provide more storage for the solar .All the best,safe & well.😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi A. James. Thank you for the tip. Bill thinks it is a house that has a Crack or pun hole in i it so he needs to take it apart enough see it. When we aren't using it. ☺
      He thought the same thing for the cap, crazy glue!
      We'd have to stack any more batteries but it is always an option.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a lovely day. Hope you can figure something out with the bladder to keep it working.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. We shouldn't need the bladder any more until we get home. We are going into a park Feb.1st.

      Delete
  4. Your crocheting isn't that bad ... it's most the multi color yarn that makes it look weird. Maybe you can ask Deb for the name of that pattern she was using? The good thing is no matter what RV problems you have, your hubby Bill can fix anything!!!! Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're being kind about my crocheting. My slip stitch is pretty darn impressive,EH?

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the bday wishes! Your card wins the award for the greatest distance travelled. Don't get much mail postmarked from California!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto to James' comment. Benno has been using super (high test) gasoline in our Honda generator for years with excellent results. Also after a long period of idle running while watching TV or so he is switching the Eco Throttle ON-OFF switch from Eco Throttle to proper speed for one minute or two before shutting it off. It helped to clean the spark plugs and an easy start-up next time. Too bad about the fitting of the water bladder. It would maybe have helped if the manufacturer of the bladder had been at the Q tent. Its a reason for Bill to visit all the hardware stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patsy Bill and Janet with the POM's ,we will have to pay attention to the rigs ,would have waved passing your rig !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your SIL, Liz!

    Your crochet looks like you may have turned and started another row without finishing the one before it (it happens to all of us at one point or another - I won't tell you how many times I've done it). I'm sure you'll figure it out.

    Enjoy the rest of your time in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're getting our week of extreme cold this week, down to -33 with the wind chill.

    ReplyDelete