Monday, January 31, 2022

Last Day, Making Progress on My Lesson ♥, Pack Up Process

La Posa South, Quartzsite, Az

On Monday, Jan. 31st, we have successfully and happily reached the end of another winter month. The good (great) thing is that we have spent it all in the warmth of the southwest. There have been cool days, definitely cool nights, but we haven’t had anything below 32F/0C and we haven’t had any of that white stuff. Heck, I can say it – we haven’t had any snow! 😊

We had company on our walk today

You could say we are happy campers and you would be 100% on the money. Gibbs and I went for our walk, a bit later than normal and when we returned, Bill was almost ready to go flying again. Good for him! The day was a calm one and the sun rose into a beautiful clear blue sky. I wasn’t concerned about the few wispy clouds but I guess I should have been.

I asked this 'fellow' on the corner which way,
and this is my answer

Bill left at 8:30 and Gibbs and I sat in my chair with my tea and my book. I was itching to get back into the crocheted blanket that Deb started me on yesterday – before I forgot the stitches - LOL but wouldn’t do that with Gibbs being so keen. I warmed up some of my ‘oatmeal’ and enjoyed it with a bit of cream and pineapple. Bill chose a fresh pineapple off the shelf at Walmart and I’d used my handy corer to slice it for easier consummation. If it’s ready, we eat it.

The sun was already popping

Gibbs and I moved outside around 10:30 and I took my project and thankfully remembered the steps, even turning the corners correctly! 😊 My teacher would be proud. I chatted back and forth with Donna back home on the progress of our LadyFest plans. They are coming together. Back to today’s plans though. When Bill returned from the field at 11:30, he was happy after a number of flights. He had stopped at the park we’ll move to tomorrow to check on check-in. Now we know.

Look now, tomorrow we will be gone 

He began packing up things we wouldn’t need tonight and then stopped for some lunch. He doesn’t usually need my help outside, today being no exception, other than folding our wind break tarp so I continued to crochet before putting many of our ornamental things away inside. We won’t be in a rush in the morning, not having to move until after lunch, but it’s nice to have things mostly taken care of. It’s our way to be ready in advance.

This was my progress on the new rectangle afghan
at 11 am and I'm happy with what I've done ♥

I made a tea and Bill poured himself a drink around 4, when he finally stopped working. Gibbs is probably wondering what is going on? He was just settling in to another place, thinking it was the new ‘Ridge’. 😊 More changes, good thing he’s flexible like his Mom and Dad. For supper, a hamburger ghoulash in Madame IP. There are leftover potatoes that can be fried up and there is Jell-o and whipped cream to clean up as well.

Bill put our panels down flat,
removing the tilt arms

There was no more sun, so he'd taken down the
sun screen first

Bill drew my attention to this low-flying plane

I had my phone in my pocket so was able to
catch it as it flew over

So, plans are good but they don’t always go as we expect. Bill started the generator around 5:30 and I prepared the ground beef, carrots, onions and celery in the IP. SautΓ©ing the meat and onions first, then adding the carrots and setting for 30 minutes. About 15 minutes in, all power went off because the generator went off. Bill got it going for a few short minutes but it died again. Bummer.


It's a process but when you need solar power,
tilted panels benefit us a lot.

Our batteries were charged enough for us to manage through the evening BUT I moved the stew to a pot on the stove. Carrots take the longest but they were almost completely cooked already so it wasn’t going to take long. I fried the potatoes separately and then decided to add dumplings. It all turned out well but it sure did create a lot of dishes.😊

for a last minute concoction, it was very good!
Bonus = leftovers!

We watched a couple of programs on tv. I finished my J.P. book today; Liar, Liar, is an exciting page turner. This was a good day, we are ready for our move with just a few things left for the morning. I hope your beginning of the week and end of the month went well too.

For a very brief moment, we had a lovely sky

After the remnants of our sun went down for the night
Cloudy overnight means warmer temps 50F/10C
Good night! Good bye January!

Thanks for stopping in!

 

12 comments:

  1. Back one day...It was a fun afternoon and I thoroughly enjoyed our time together. Plus, by the looks of it you are moving right a long with the afghan I knew once we got it started you would not have a problem. I know one thing for sure we need to wash that Jeep...lol That is quite the whole Gibbs dug he is a busy little guy.
    It always feels good to get up on moving day and not be in a rush. Sorry to here about your generator giving out again. I am guessing it will nice to be in full hookups by tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to getting together tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our truck is terrible too, soon it will get a wash. I hope.
      Looking forward to tonight as well. ❤

      Delete
  2. Hope it's a simple fix for the generator. Before you know it Patsy, that pretty afgan will be finished. Enjoy your stay in your new home with all the bells and whistles 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug. Hoping they will keep me busy for the next couple of months

      Delete
  3. Your timing is perfect. You'll be plugged in during the cold spell over the next couple of days. No need for the genny, so there's time to see what it's problem is. Dinner looks delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it sure is. The generator held on for us and how it will get us home when the time comes.

      Delete
  4. WOW!! Your sunset is STUNNING! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you haven't got far to move, but safe travels anyway. Lovely evening sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness. If the generator is going to poop out again the best time is when you are heading towards full hook ups. Now Bill will have plenty of time to figure out the problem. Dinner looked good. Elva

    ReplyDelete