Thursday, January 20, 2022

A Different Turn of Events, Silly Al’s with Friends! Yay!

La Posa South, Quartzsite, Az On Thursday, Jan. 20th, Gibbs and I were up at our normal time and had a nice walk around the area. No, we didn’t meet any strangers who knew me (haha) but there was one couple who had to meet my handsome little walk mate. “He’s so cute!” When we returned to camp, Nancy was out so, of course, Gibbs dragged me over to her. 😊
We were saddened to learn that she wasn’t feeling great. The cold, that we are calling the ‘dust’ cold had caught up with her too. Deb has been experiencing it for a couple of days and even Bill woke up a couple of days ago with a sore throat and runny nose. Hmm, no other symptoms that made any of us suspicious. Nancy recognized this as a familiar cold that tends to slow her down for a couple of weeks so wanted to head out for her Arizona home base. That darn Jello!
Nancy isn't the only one we'll miss.
See you again, Nancy! We fully support anyone who needs to follow their head, heart and body and make their own decisions. Saddened to see her unwell and to see her leave, we wished her our best and said goodbye. By that time, Tom and Deb had also decided to pull out and move on down the road to another less busy, less dusty BLM camping area. ☹ So, this all took place around 9 am and soon, we were on our own again.
So long Tom and Deb! See you down the road! We sure hope they are all okay. With the change in numbers of us, I messaged Doug and Nick to see if they were still up for a Silly Al’s visit tonight. They were on board so yay! The remainder of the day was pretty darned lazy. I read my book outside, sitting in the warmth of the sun. Gibbs took turns inside and out and Bill watched some tv and dozed. It got quite warm but it sure felt good. We had some winds this afternoon and one huge gust around 27 mph.
Gibbs is thinking about what happened out there.
Where did our friends go, Mom? Where's Coop? Where's Tom?
Everyone is gone At 3:30, we got cleaned up and drove into Quartzsite to meet Doug and Nick at 4:30. Once we found a parking spot, never an easy endeavour, I walked in to get our name on the list. I was greeted immediately and he showed me to a small table for 4. It was pretty tiny but we made it work, it was all about the pizza. Once it was placed on the table, theirs on top, ours on the bottom, we chowed down. Oh, my goodness, it was sooo good and worth waiting two years for!
Bill’s half was Hawaiian, mine was meat lovers and they were both delicious. We brought 3 pieces home. A doggy bag that wasn’t for the doggy. When we returned home by 5:30, we were disappointed to see a 5th wheel toy hauler had pulled in not far from Nancy’s vacated spot. ☹ Oh well, you can’t control where people park but I hope their 3 dogs don’t upset our quiet days too much. I mean, with Gibbs barking at them. LOL
Doug had never been to Silly Al's and of course, Nick hadn't. I dare say that now they can say they've been to Quartzsite. :)
It's written right on their menu. "If you haven't been to Al's, you haven't been to Quartzsite" I sat to write my post and Bill watched some of Classis Cars until Ghosts came on at 7. He recorded Joe Millionaire for me since I’ve kind of got interested in that ridiculous charade. No judgement, to each his own. 😊 This was a quiet day and it would have been pretty much perfect if it wasn’t for the fact that our friends were sick and had to leave. I hope they all zip through whatever they are feeling and are soon like new. ♥
As we drove home, the sun set to the west and the mountains to the east turned bright pink. ♥ Good night! Thank you for popping in.

16 comments:

  1. I am just so amazed about how adventurous all of you are just following your hearts and dreams on the road. To see the huge mobile homes reminds me of my garden snails with their homes on their backs. I think Gibbs is one lucky dog too meeting different friends along the way and getting a good "tan" on his blur cushion easy chair. Ahh, that is what life should be .. free and easy on the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute! I never thought of us snails with our homes on our back but what a good analogy!

      Delete
  2. Sorry the whole gang couldn't make it but were glad for the invite. Nick and I enjoyed your company and of course the delicious pizza πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹ Now have officially been to Quartzsite πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry too but we enjoyed your company muchly. Thanks for joining us!

      Delete
  3. So sorry I couldn't make Silly Als. They have the best pizza ever!! And really? Someone pulls in that close to you?? That's crazy!! I sure wish I didn't have to make that decision ... but am glad I did. The "sick" has taken hold in earnest. No worries, I'll see you before you head back to Canada!! Let us know how the big tent turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all enjoyed the pizza for everyone who couldn't make it. You made the right choice, better to be home snuggled in with the kids when you're sick. No worries about heat, electric or water. πŸ’—

      Delete
  4. I really miss Silly Al's pizza. Too bad you can't bring some back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your friends recover quickly. Perhaps you'll meet up again before the winter ends.

    My goodness, that table was small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, we plan to see them again before we head home.
      That place is so crowded, we take what we can get.

      Delete
  6. I have to agree, that table was really small, can't really call it a table for 4! LOL. I'm sorry everyone had to leave already, but they have to do what they feel is best. Hopefully meeting up down the road! Silly Al's, that pizza looks so yummy! Just like I remember! Is it wind or traffic causing so much dust?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will meet up with them again, for sure. A little of both but mostly traffic causes the dust.

      Delete
  7. WOW!! That pizza looks wonderful BUT that table? I see Bill is holding his plate....no room for dishes after pizza arrived. I would have moved before pizza arrived! It's more like a table for two and pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pizza was great. It is too busy to just move. No tables available.

      Delete
  8. A certain sick person around here today too, and it wasn't me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope all get better very soon. Not fun having a cold at this time of year.

    The pizza looks awesome.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete