Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Shopping and Sunbathing

Pilot Knob RV Resort It was Hump Day, Wednesday, Jan. 5th and we only had a couple of days left here in Pilot Knob. You’ve surely got the feeling by now that I’m ready to move on. Our friend, George, called it hitch itch and that has to be what it is. We like this park, very much. We like the amenities that it offers us, whether we use them all or not; we like the occasional gathering with fellow campers; we like the closeness to Los Algodones and Yuma and we like reuniting with our friends here.
If I didn't smell smoke as I first stepped out of the Suite, I would say this is fog at the base of P.K. Mountain. Now, I'm not sure what it is.
We think we feel more anxious to move this winter, because it has been so different for us, two out of very few Canadian ‘friends’ that have ventured down to the great southwest. No blame intended in any direction other than the darn Covid virus. We are feeling a bit out of sorts without our usual ‘gang’ of rabble rousers. 😊 We always have so much fun no matter where we congregate. We’re missing that.
Whatever it is, it made for nice pictures. With our month here coming to a close, we needed to do some shopping in Yuma. Our next destination does not have the shopping centres so off we went. Fry’s got us stocked up with everything on our list. I’m sure I’ve forgotten something but for now, we’ll be good. With the savings by using our Fry’s card, (+10% seniors discount) not only did we save $26 in groceries, we also got .30¢ off our fuel to fill Black Beauty.
I was happy to get one more pool day in before leaving. Diesel and gas prices have also jumped exorbitantly this year (what else is new?) but it was nice to ONLY pay $3.59/US gal. instead of $3.89. I’d have to look back in my notes but Bill thinks it is at least $1 more this winter. ☹ December has saved us a bundle just by sitting for the month and the next two months should do the same. Every little bit helps which is a nice reason not to move every 2 weeks like we did the first year down. I’m soooo glad we aren’t doing that anymore!
Back home, we each made a bite to eat. I finally found low carb tortilla wraps at Fry’s so grabbed those up lickety-split. In retrospect, I should have got two packs. Dishes didn’t get done, instead we both sat with Gibbs in our chairs for a while and then I changed into my swimsuit and walked to the pool for the 3rd and last time. The weather just hasn’t been favourable for swimming or sunbathing for most of the month.
As I was reading Willie Nelson's life story, I was surprised to see a picture of him with my little sister's favourite musician, Jack White. I had to take a photo to send to her. I was the only one there for most of the time and enjoyed the refreshing water for a quick dip. It was a bit cool but after sitting in the sun, wonderful. 😊 I stayed for a couple of hours; some time was spent reading my Willie Nelson story. The flies weren’t bad at all today, thank you for small blessings. When I came back, since the boys hadn’t been for a walk, I took Gibbs for a quick one and then made myself a cup of tea.
My little lovebug must have missed me. So, I gave in and relaxed with him. ♥ Burgers for supper were just the thing. Tomorrow, the Weber Q will get packed away. I’m planning on playing Bocce Ball once more in the morning and then getting our laundry done in the afternoon. That should take up a fair bit of the day leaving some time for the puzzle. Bill has some outdoor jobs to do, checking tires and packing chairs, the mat, etc. It will all get done even if he plays the game with us.
When Daddy is outside bbq'ing, Gibbs needs to be out there with him. The burgers were delicious, our first ones from Sam’s Club, and we needed nothing else tonight. I had another glass of my Bellini so that helped fill me up. After dishes, we watched Ghosts (2nd season) at 7:30MT and Good Sam (a new series) after that. We’ll see if we like the latter show, the previews look pretty good. There was an episode of Still Standing in Hope, B.C. that we caught in the meantime. Johnny Harris always makes for a good laugh. 😊
The burgers were great. There was a waxing crescent moon tonight, very clear and bright but my camera would not pick it up. This was a great day with good weather for everything we needed to do. Good night! Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are welcome!

12 comments:

  1. Awww...Gibbs, so loving and cute.
    Pilot Knob was one of my favourite parks. It was always fun with the gang. Look forward to seeing where you are at next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are three of the friends we are missing, Loree,Ron and Freddy. ♥

      Delete
  2. Yes, it's too bad covid is making it hard for people to get down to the southwest, sucks! Good to see you enjoying the sun! Gas and diesel used to be so much cheaper in AZ, definitely cheaper than CA but we're cheaper here in northern NV. Love the low carb tortillas! Dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad about the prices but we all know why.
      I'm glad to have found the tortillas, I know you've mentioned them before. ;)

      Delete
  3. Ahh...to be able to sit by the pool and enjoy the sun. Miserable cold here today though the sun is shining. Enjoy your final day at the park. I'm looking forward to seeing where you end up next. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a lovely couple of days and the pool is great for swimming in and sitting around. :)

      Delete
  4. I loved visiting Fry's when we visited 2 years ago. Made me think of George as well. Enjoy your next stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheri. A lot of memories with and about George and Suzie. ♥

      Delete
  5. Well, I am envious of your sun and lovely temperatures. Me while I expect we will be getting nicer weather, oh, around the start of hopefully May.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a tough life you lead - "shopping and sunbathing"! Been snowing here all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay in where it's warm, my friends. I'll enjoy the warmth for you!

      Delete