Saturday, January 29, 2022

Bill 'Takes Off', On the Cooler Side of the Week

 La Posa South, Quartzsite, Az

We had mostly clear skies this morning, Saturday, Jan. 29th, when Gibbs and I headed out for our walk. I remembered my sunglasses so we headed in a different direction. It’s not so difficult then walking to the south after the sun comes up. Which it did, quite nicely from behind the mountain. 😊


Good morning!

On the way back, almost home, Gibbs spotted Harold, someone we meet most morning. He always speaks to us and pets the furry bundle at his feet. I found out today that they are from Montana and are here for the whole season. Nice man. Bill got up when we did so he had Gibbs’ breakfast ready and boy does that dog know where his food is! Gone are the days when he hesitates over the food dish!


It is quite amazing how these old Saguaros remain
standing with their 'trunks' eating away like this

I wasn’t surprised when Bill got ready and announced that he was going to the flying field this morning. I’m glad to see him take advantage of the calm morning and he left at 8:30. I knew the day would be cooler than it has been by a few degrees but thought we’d have sun all day. After my tea was gone, I put the ingredients together to make my Baked Oatmeal recipe. I had been waiting to buy coconut so now there was nothing holding me back. 😊

Gibbs and I relaxed while I drank my tea
after Daddy left

I made my Keto baked oatmeal batter
but had to wait until mid-afternoon to bake it

When the clouds moved in, the batteries weren’t being charged enough to prevent the beeping of ‘low battery’ so I listened to that for a while before deciding that I couldn’t bake it without turning the generator. The power supply might have been enough but with the fridge coming off and on, as it does naturally, I knew it would take longer than the required 25 minutes to complete the baking process. I turned it off.

The week of the show ends tomorrow
and the Integras are pulling out daily
Cha-ching!

It was around 11:30 when Bill returned for lunch so I told him that we’d need to start the genny later long enough to cook my dish. He made a sandwich and I had the last of my broccoli soup. I won’t buy it again; it was from an envelope pack and was too watery. I had to add cream each time to make it enjoyable enough to eat. Live and learn! I’ll make my own broccoli cheese soup next time.

Gibbs doesn't mind the cool breeze
and sits under the Suite to people watch

After dishes, we both found it too cool (seriously) to sit outside and be comfy so we read our books inside. 

Oatmeal without the oats

The clouds pretty much took over the sky around 2:30 when Bill started the generator and I baked my oatmeal. Just a nibble from the corner and although it looks funny with the green powder collagen, it tastes like yummy oatmeal with any oatmeal added.

Waiting for Daddy

Supper was chicken thighs, a potato for Bill, cauliflower rice for me and vegetables. A good supper tonight. I’m really enjoying my Louise Penny book, Kingdom of the Blind. Good thing I have distractions or it would be finished by now and my butt would be sore from sitting! LOL 

This looks pretty but the white clouds soon covered the
blue sky

So, as it turned out, Bill went upstairs to watch some tv and Gibbs went with him, for the most part. There went my distractions and I finished my book before supper. Excellent to the very end!

I thought this was going to be it for the sunset
and was quite happy with it


It was a great meal and after dishes, it was another quiet evening. 


I had to find a new book to start so moved to a James Patterson. Bill is finishing them at a mile a minute so I need to stay ahead of him. 😊 The sky didn’t co-operate too much today for outside sitting and we only reached 63F/17C, feeling cooler under the clouds, but it was still a very nice day.

I slipped out when I saw the surprising sky that followed
Gibbs is always here, when we slip out, hoping to get an opening. 😄


What a lovely treat after the cloudy day we had
Good night y'all!

Thank you for stopping in.

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty sunset. We were cool here in the pass at the entrance to Joshua Tree. That Gibbs doesn't look cold with his coat. I like James Patterson too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the afterglow color again...:( I had seen the sunset and some blue skies then became busy making dinner and never looked out again. I really need to get your no oatmeal/oatmeal recipe. It was a cool day without the sun though it does look like it will join us tomorrow. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn that dinner, eh??
      Should be a great day for a visit. 😊
      I'll pm you the recipe.

      Delete
  3. Lovely sunrise and sunset pictures! It's been very cold here so lots of reading for us too. I just finished one of the best books ever. The Warsaw Orphan by Kelly Rimmer. It's from the library. I smile every morning from seeing Gibbs enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I'll add that book to my list. Thank you. I love recommendations.
      Thanks. Stay warm!

      Delete
  4. Ok, I'm going to say it. Your oatmeal stuff is weird!!! I've never heard of anything like that. Maybe you could post the recipe? That Gibbs is certainly photogenic!! I love how he sleeps in your lap!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha i know but it's only be cause i love oatmeal but grains are not on my list of things to eat. Grain is for animals. 🤣

      Delete
  5. What is a cool day for you sounds heavenly to me, but I know I wouldn't be sitting outside for long either. Pretty sunset!

    ReplyDelete