Sunday, January 9, 2022

Nothing Like It, Keeping up with the Dust

La Posa South, the Q On Sunday, Jan. 9th Gibbs and I were out the door for our walk at 7:30. We went in a different direction today, up the main road to the water and dump station. We met a couple of people, another little mutt and squiggled our way back home. Bill was downstairs and as much as I’d have liked to drink my tea outside again, it was a bit chilly at 44F/5C. 😊
Many things are brightened by the suns glow, even Gibbs!
So, we drank it inside and Bill had cereal. I got my oatmeal ready with half a banana mixed in. The batteries were a bit low from our Keurig kicking in this morning so I waited until about 9 to have my breakfast. Bill decided to take a drive into Quartzsite and see if anyone was at his club’s flying field. They are called Quartzsite Desert Fliers and one of the main reasons that we are in the area for a couple of months.
After Bill left, Gibbs pined for a while over the loss. ♥
It had warmed up nicely by then, in the sun at least, so I took my book out and sat with Gibbs on the patio. I just let the warmth wash over me and enjoyed the time. There was no where I needed to go today and nothing that needed to be done. Well, I did a quick dust through of the Suite late afternoon but that is something that needs to be done every few days no matter where we are. Bill returned before noon and we sat and relaxed together.
Oh, the joy of a puppy. Around 1:30 we thought we should eat something, even though we’d had breakfast this morning, so had a light lunch. Keeping an eye on how much water we use, we left the few dishes until supper. 😊 The book I started is a David Baldacci story that Bill read first. It’s called Walk the Wire and I’ve easily swept through 50 pages. I guess that says how lazy I truly was today.
You'll wonder if he's awake, but once I speak, the tail starts. When I ask if he's a good boy, it speeds up. ♥ We (Bill) experimented with Gibbs this afternoon. He brought out his rope for play time where there was actually room for the little guy to get some real exercise. He took him off his rope leash and they played for a few minutes, with Gibbs resting and stopping for a drink every so often. Then, he decided to just take off around the Suite and thought the whole thing was a game. Around and around and around etc.
Our sun shade came in handy today
Bill got his kite out today, the wind was perfect
Bill also put up a temporary wind break It took two of us and a whole lot of treat bribery for me to grab hold of his collar. He went inside for half hour while we remained outdoors. The little bum. It’s frustrating as well as scary when he started wandering further. Anyway, it all ended well. For supper, Bill started the generator so I could air fry the chicken thighs. They were still partially frozen so took longer than I’d hoped. I made poor man’s mac & cheese with peas for the side.
After dishes, we watched a movie together while I finished my blog post. It was another great day, no more needs to be said than that. A happy day, nothing like it. 😊
Go fly a kite!
One last video of the boys playing 'fetch'. Good night! Thank you for your visit.

23 comments:

  1. Gibbs certainly was glowing in the sunrise...🌞 Always feels good to move the old dust out to make room for the new dust...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video of Gibbs and his wagging tail! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire how Bill, Gibbs and yourself are so adventurous just driving and putting up where you feel like. Sun shade looks amazing and you both even brought along a kite to fly. I would be so anxious all the time if I ever took such a road trip. Gibbs loves the company and gets too much attention to ever be anxious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you kestrel. Each year gets easier, doing this so we don't feel the anxiety anymore. :)

      Delete
  4. Cute videos, love the tail-wagger one. Who doesn't love chicken thighs and mac/cheese. Looks like a happy spot, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm I see more things I need to purchase. I'll have to see if they come in smaller sizes to fit in my non-existent storage space! LOL. See you later today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, to have the energy of a young pup (or child) again. Gibbs sure has fun!

    I had visions of you parked in some isolated area of the desert, but with water and a dump station nearby, it isn't quite as remote as I originally thought. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that energy keeps me moving in the morning and both of us for the whole day. We all crash at night after keeping up with Gibbs!
      It is remote but amenitites are close enough so we don't worry. :)

      Delete
  7. Nice relaxing day. Glad to see Gibbs off leash. Good for him to wander on his own to build his confidence and yours. Looks like the wind got to you before hitting us last night. Still warm though which is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We weren't too glad about Gibbs off leash - especially after he wouldn't come back to our calls. Little bum.
      We're loving these warm days too!

      Delete
  8. You certainly have enough room to fly a kite! Gibbs likes to play fetch and our Elsa does too but Reggy not at all. Loved the clips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have room for lots of things. I wish Gibbs would come when called and he'd get more off-leash time. :)

      Delete
  9. Gibbs is sure getting a lot of exercise. I love your sun shade. And we never thought about a kite. Good times! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, no wonder Gibbs sleeps so well at night. The fresh air is great for all of us. :)

      Delete
  10. Looks as if Gibbs wants to get some sunbathing done on his tummy. Such a cutie.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes, I guess it does look like that. he's such a little ham. :)

      Delete
  11. I haven't popped in to one of your amazing blogs for a while. But I saw something about dust and thought thank goodness she has a Norwex dusting mitt!!! Lol! Your place looks amazing! And loved the little video of Gibbs' wagging tale - so cute! And the poor little guy missing his Dad, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, gee, I wonder who this is? I have one guess so hope I'm right!
      Thank you for your comment and of course, Norwex!! It makes the dusting job in here so much easier and faster! :) I don't even mind doing it.
      Gibbs steals our hearts with his antics.

      Delete
  12. So glad you got to go south this year. Much better than last year.

    ReplyDelete