Thursday, January 13, 2022

A Walk Through Town, An Afternoon of Leisure

La Posa South, Q, Az On Thursday, Jan. 13th I was awake when Bill and Gibbs got up. For some reason, I couldn’t drop back off but the best part was that I woke up from a dream. A very sweet dream. Mom was in it briefly and Daddy was in even more. What’s neat about it is that we were camping. 😊 I wish it had lasted longer but no matter, it was a lovely vision of my parents. Seeing Daddy again, after 27 years, was awesome! ♥ It has been quite a while since he has been in my dreams.
I love the pink mountains to the northwest in the morning. Gibbs and I got up and walked although I wasn’t sure if he’d be happy to leave his ‘found’ bone long enough. He chewed on that for about 30 minutes while in bed between us. 😊 We took our ½ hour walk and although I still bundled, it wasn’t as cool this morning as it was yesterday. Around 9:30, we invited Nancy along to go into town for some shopping. She was happy to join us.
A neat find on our morning walk.
This saguaro has truly given up the fight.
The sky was quite pretty
This site is clearly taken. I'm surprised there was no moat. We wandered through some of the tents at Tyson Wells, found a few deals, filled a propane tank, filled a gas can for our genny, filled Black Beauty and bought a few groceries, not in that order though. Bill went down a few back streets and we ended up at Jim and Esther’s place. Jim is the former President of the Quartzsite Desert Flyers and he has his plane shop and his wife’s quilting room all in the same building. We thought Nancy would enjoy meeting Ethel and seeing her space. We weren’t wrong. ♥
Gibbs was better outside today. No rock eating and not as much barking.
We've had hummingbird visits. ♥
When I was laying back in my lounge chair, the clouds were breaking up so I was hopeful. Today, the clouds didn’t make for a very hot day for very long. But around 2:30, it was hot enough for shorts. Gibbs and I dozed outside and Bill dozed inside. I changed into warmer clothes and we took our chairs over to the Stinger “B” for a later Happy Hour. There was a breeze so, true to its name, it only lasted for an hour. Nancy and I were quite cold and Bill was still in shorts so we said our goodbyes. Back at the Suite, where Gibbs was inside looking after the house, we relaxed for a bit before I started supper.
We bought some bag clips, watch batteries, doggie poop bags, pill container and the best thing of all. Caramel popcorn. The book I’m reading is Jimmy Buffet’s ‘A Salty Piece of Land’ and it’s a fun read so far. For supper, I browned peppers, onions, celery with ground beef and made a gravy mixture. In another pan, I fried the leftover potato from the other night for Bill and in the microwave, I reheated the leftover cauliflower for me. With the hamburger mixture on my cauliflower, it was delicious!
After dishes, Gibbs gnawed on his bone, (he must be getting something out of it). 😊 Bill and I watched some tv with the generator running and read more of our books. This was a nice day. The shopping this morning was fun with Nancy and when we felt like a nibble later, we had some delicious caramel popcorn that we bought in town.
Good night y'all! Thank you for your visit.

12 comments:

  1. Nice day with friends and seems you accomplished quite a bit. Caramel popcorn sounds good. Be seeing you guys soon. Hopefully the weather warms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was another great day. I'll blame Nancy for the popcorn but also thank her!! its yummy!!

      Delete
  2. What a great post, full of beauty starting with the morning sunrise...WOW! Loved the rock steer picture, the elaborate rock walls around the RV, hummingbirds, the beautiful cotton filled sky and caramel popcorn. What more could you ask for?!! Maybe, that you were parked within the elaborate rock walls? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheri. You nailed it and we even had a fun happy hour too!

      Delete
  3. It was a great day!!! Hanging out in the desert is fun when you're with nice people. I'm hoping the sun will be out enough today for your lounging pleasure. That's some rock compound those people have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun today and even dozed in the sun for a bit.Thamks for shopping with us.

      Delete
  4. Hello, new commentor but long time reader. I follow RV blogs of people who travel to the SW in the winter to prepare for our eventual trip out here. We arrived Tuesday and was surprised to see that we are set up just down the road from you. We are on the opposite side of the road just down aways in the two fifth wheels with the maroon and black trucks. Don't want to alarm you by knocking on your door but if you are out walking the pup, stop by for a visit. We have a standard poodle that would love a doggy visit. Pam from Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's awesome! We will definitely do that! I'm so glad you commented!

      Delete
  5. That was an interesting find and the designing of the skull must have taken a very long time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love having dreams of my mom and dad too! What another great day you all had! Cool picture of the site with all the rocks lining out their spot. Wonder if they did it or was it left from last year? Somebody with too much time on their hands LOL. Love the skull too..Happy Hour is always fun with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting things if we are willing to walk and find them. Bill never knows what I'll find out there!

    ReplyDelete