Friday, January 14, 2022

A Short Wrap Up of a Full Day

La Posa South, Quartzsite, AZ On Friday, Jan. 14th Gibbs and I had the pleasure of having company on our morning walk. Nancy and Cooper were out for theirs and the ‘boys’ just wanted to carry on together. 😊 What a beautiful sunrise this morning and Nancy said it was even better at 6 o'clock!
To the northwest, the pink mountains reflected the brilliance. Bill and I had our morning drinks and we heard back from our friend in London, ON about a purchase she wanted us to make on her behalf.
a lot of dead trees out here Monica had asked us to find a large geode and bring it home for her. She has been on the scout for a very long time. This year, we vowed to make it happen. So, after sending her a picture of a suitable one we found in town, we got the go ahead. This morning, at 9:30, Nancy, Bill and I drove back to check out the competition to make sure we were getting her the best rock for her money. They are sure beautiful!
There were many to compare to the one we'd found and think we got her a good deal. It is tucked safely away for the journey home at the end of April and from the excitement we could hear in her voice, we’ve helped make a young lady very happy. ♥ Nancy had a purchase she wanted to make too so after doing that, we returned home. Bill had some projects to take care of and then we relaxed for the day. At noon, I baked some Pillsbury cinnamon buns so invited Nancy over to help eat them. Not that she enjoys sweets or anything. 😊
Our cutie pie, posing in my chair.
I enjoyed some of the grapefruit that Nancy gave me. ♥ Yum, it's so fresh! Plans were made with Deb, Tom and Nancy to go into town to Gringos for supper. Usually on Friday night, there is entertainment so we left the puppies at home and Bill drove us all in at 5. There was no music and although I was disappointed in my cheese quesadilla (my own fault, I didn’t know to order chicken in it!), we got out for a meal together at a decent price. We were back home by 6:30. I got my blog written, pictures loaded and the evening went by with our books.
Good thing this secretary isn't writing my blogs or they'd never get done. He'd fall asleep on the job!
I had my hopes up for a great meal tonight with some background music.
It didn't turn out quite as I'd planned but I'll give it another try. Oh! Today on our morning walk, I came across a painted rock. Something I haven’t found in a long time so I brought it home and joined the YumaRock group on FB to post that I found it. I’m sure a young person painted it and will get a kick out of seeing it. It isn’t one I wish to keep so will rehide it either here or in town. I should get some of mine out to place before we leave the desert.
div class="separator" style="clear: both;">
It was a treat to find a painted rock after so long. This was a fruitful day, getting a couple of things done. I hope you’ve enjoyed yours as well.
On the drive home from town, the sun had already long set but the clouds were still skipping across the sky. Good night! Thank you for stopping around! Your comments are surely appreciated.

16 comments:

  1. Nice to do something to make a friend back home happy. Those are pretty. It was nice to go out to dinner with everyone just to bad about no music. Nice sunrise pictures, I saw some of the pink through the window this morning but never stepped out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and she has been asking for a few years. ;)
      Thank you for joining us for dinner, always nice to not to have to cook!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a very nice day.
    Just to let you know, it's minus 16 celcius here this Saturday morning. Lucky you!☀️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pillsbury used to be my middle name. I do love those rolls. Thank you for the wonderful treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very sweet of you two to pick out the amethyst for your friend. It is beautiful! Sunset and sunrise pictures are gorgeous. Too bad about dinner and no music :( I have to admit I haven't been impressed with the meals I've seen from there..Silly Al's is my pick LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silly Al's is definitely our pick too but we want to wait for Doug and Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to make a friend happy. We bought a lovely geode in Drumheller where our son lives. It is huge and while it cost a pretty penny, Harvey really loves it and that is what counts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so beautiful, we loved seeing what the outside of the rock looks like with that beauty inside. :) She will love it in her home.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great day, even with the disappointment of your dinner.

    I was able to read your yesterday, but could not comment as I was using my daughter's I-Pad. I just wanted to mention that your dream about your parents was wonderful. To see them again, even in a dream is such a special moment. I truly believe it is their way of letting us know that they are healthy and happy once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme. It has been a little while since I've had such a vivid dream with Daddy and it was wonderful. Seemed like normal to have him barbecuing with us. :)
      I agree with you, that it is their way of communicating. ♥

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I know! I never mean to complain but funny what you get used to. :)

      Delete