Sunday, January 23, 2022

The Weather Changed Back to ‘Summer’, Yay!

La Posa South, Quartzsite, Az On Sunday, Jan. 23rd, we were all up around 7:30 and Gibbs and I scooted out right away for our walk. The sky was clear and with no wind, the 43F/6C made for a lovely walk. We both (Bill and I) felt like doing a happy dance when we saw the sun and knew it would be with us all day. Even the solar panels were smiling. 😊
After our tea and coffee, we took Gibbs along and went into town. It was around 9:45 when we reached the entrance to the RV Show/Tent and it was busy enough already. We weren’t going in today so carried on first to Coyote Fresh Foods for a few groceries. I couldn’t remember what prices were like compared to our usual Roadrunner Market. Well, I came out empty handed because of the higher costs. Be warned, for eg. 2% milk jug - $4.45, half & half cream/litre - $4.49 and it goes on from there. We drove to the Chevron to fill our gas can and then to Roadrunner. 2% milk jug - $4.09, half & half cream/litre - $3.49. They will continue to get our business.
Plus, I found bacon ‘pieces’ for ridiculously low prices which are a whole lot better than paying $8 anywhere for half as much. 😊 Lastly, we filled a propane tank that ‘still’ wasn’t empty after a very long time but it was really close as it took 9 gal. We had nowhere else to go so we returned home.
What do you think? All this for only $24. I vote for Roadrunner Market. :) I sat outside with Gibbs and read for a while and at 12:30 I made us French toast for lunch. Thanks Rick and Kathy for the suggestion. Sometimes I need a hint of what to have to change our meals up and his looked pretty darn good. ♥ Let me tell you, it tasted pretty darn good to us too!
The Pit Stop was crazy busy for dumping, but we drove right up for a propane fill with no wait. The guys here are really good. After dishes, it turned into a really slack day. I did get myself all frustrated trying to learn how to crochet the blanket from the centre and will surely rip-it out. It doesn’t help that the wool is blended but I have so much of it, I just want to use it up. A blanket seemed the best choice but, remember, I’m not very good at this crochet thing.
The French toast was yummy. I packed it up, closed the laptop with the video I was following, and went outside with my book again. This was safe and something that I excelled at! The sun felt great and I was thankful for the breeze. Bill was in and out at different times and we had a cold drink around 4:30 before he took Gibbs for a nice long walk to the south. πŸ˜‰
So, if you're tired of seeing Gibbs in my pictures, sorry. However, he is the joy of our life right now and I can't help it! So, I found a pack of 4 pork chops today that are very thin but under $5 so thought there’s a couple of cheap meals. We’re barbecuing 2 tonight and I’ll reheat my leftover pizza on the grill too. Inside, I’ll fry the leftover potatoes and veggies for Bill since he isn’t fond of leftover pizza anyway. We’ll both be happy and clean some things up too.
He loves this bag chair and these positions all took place within 3 minutes. He could entertain an audience! ♥ The temperature was a nice improvement today over yesterday, reaching 68F/20C. Beautiful! Around 6, we started. Bill lit the Weber and chatted with the neighbour, who was gathering pretty stones, while it heated. The pizza heated up perfectly and the chops got moved over to Bill’s plate. I didn’t need any after all as I had quite enough on my plate. 😊
Spending quality time with Daddy.
Plays hard, sleeps hard. After dishes, I worked at my post and we turned tv on to watch a couple of programs. The generator started with a little encouragement tonight again. Yay! Thus ends a wonderful day here in the desert.
My leftover pizza was um, um good! Good night! Thank you for your visit today.

16 comments:

  1. There's a nice big Albertsons supermarket in Blythe, CA about 20 miles west just over the border. Good prices too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you.We are aware of the Albertsons in Blythe but we only needed a few items and will wait for our big stock up (& payday) to go there. :)

      Delete
  2. I don't think we can ever get too many photos of Gibbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. He's very photogenic and I can see that he is happy and loved.♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those higher price issues are similar to when we shop in Colorado versus Florida, hate that, but what'cha going to do. Gibbs is a little doll-face. Yum on the dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't belileve the difference in the two stores. We need to be able to shop close for milk, eggs and cream at least.

      Delete
  5. Who could possibly not want to see pictures of the cutest dog in Quartzsite? He's such an entertainer!! As to French toast, anything smothered in that syrup you have is amazing!!! If you need better priced food, take a quick drive to Blythe ... much cheaper there. Enjoy the warm for me!! Oh ... and I may have found a cage warmer for Jon. I just ordered one, so hold off on the blue flame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You're a little prejudiced, you've met the little gapher. ♥
      We do love our maple syrup too.
      We will go to Blythe after payday and stock up for sure. Thanks.
      Will hold off until further notice on the blue flame. Hopefully the warmer works well for Johnathon. It is electric?

      Delete
  6. Those bacon ends look yummy! I would definitely stock up on those. I saw Rick's french toast too and thought it looked god, so does yours! Gibbs is just too photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We cut our bacon in half anyway so Bill thought these would be great too. Gotta have bacon.
      Gibbs should be in movies, he stops to pose when he sees the camera. :)

      Delete
  7. Gibbs.....some of those poses didn't look comfy but so cute. Your pizza looks delicious. Jerry's favorite is the meat lovers and the only place that makes it like he likes it is Mountain Mike's. But he would definitely like that one on your plate. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He bounced around like crazy so he had to be comfy. :)
      I love the meat lovers there and at home at Pizza Hut.

      Delete
  8. Wow, those prices are as high as we pay for milk here in Saskatchewan. Perhaps just a few cents lower.

    It looks like a lovely day to be outside in the sunshine. Gibbs sure seems to enjoy the chair.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but milk back home is worse. Maybe that's why I'm not shocked.
      It was a wonderful day. Gibb loves to make me laugh in that chair, on our laps or in the bed. He's a real goof!

      Delete