Tuesday, January 4, 2022

A Beautiful Winter’s Day 😊

Pilot Knob RV Resort, Winterhaven, CA Tuesday, Jan. 4th brought us one of the best days yet but we know it won’t be the last. The weather has turned for the better, woohoo! It was a very cool morning, just 37F/2.7C, when Gibbs and I went out for our walk. We saw Loyal, my 'Daddy' look alike, Keane, one of the staff and when we were about 50 yards from home, we heard Gabby and her ‘Mom’ coming up behind us. ♥
I love these two trees. They would block the sun too much on the site though for me to want to park there
A good morning peak at the rising sun. Allie said Gabby saw us from 2 rows over and made a direct beeline. Aaah, I’ll miss seeing them both. After getting untangled from each other’s leashes and pups, Allie and I went in opposite directions. Both dogs doing the ‘over the shoulder’ kind of look at each other’s departure. πŸ˜‰ Such cuties, we wish there was a dog park to see them off leash together. Maybe next year, sounds like some rumblings for it.
"Not now, Mom, I'm watching Daddy" Gibbs ate his breakfast again and Bill and I had our morning brews. I had a blog to finish so did that right away. With our shows last night, I was trying to write it in my chair. This meant laptop on one arm and as it turned out, Gibbs on my lap vying for attention. It was a no-go so I gave up in favour of some furry lovin’ instead. Wouldn’t you?
There was nothing going on today so I just lazed around until 11:30. Bill, on the other hand, had a few outside things to get done. One was to remove the clothesline from our ladder and the other was to hang our new blue boy/honey wagon on the ladder for travel. Gibbs supervises very well and can do so from inside the Suite. I guess Bill did everything properly as I heard no complaints from where I sat.
Success! After cinnamon buns for lunch, Bill’s choice, we did dishes and read for a bit before I went to finish the puzzle. That took about 20 minutes so I moved it over and started the next one. It will be fun and I’ll leave it in Michele’s capable hands after I leave. 😊 I returned home around 3:30 and since it had warmed up nicely to 67F/19.4C Bill and I sat outside with our books. Me in the sun, he in the shade and Gibbs eating whatever he could get his mouth around. LOL why?
Ready to pop in the oven When I came inside before 5, I joined Bill in our chairs to read some more. See? A lazy day. Supper was barbecued a T-bone steak and potato to share, cauliflower for me and corn for Bill. Hmm-mmm, it was all d-a-n-g good! I had opened my bottle of Bellini on New Year’s Eve so I poured myself a glass to have with my meal. That was a nice addition.
After dishes, it was 7 o’clock so Bill went upstairs so I could watch my show This is Us. This will be the finale season so I don’t want to miss it. I’m not happy that it will be ending but I have no control over that. ☹ This was a nice easy-going day. The only unfortunate news of today is that a ‘semi-planned’ Happy Hour for tomorrow with blogger friends had to be postponed until a later date in March. Fingers crossed that we can make it happen.
This was a great meal tonight. Good night! Thank you for your visit today.

12 comments:

  1. It was just too nice a day to do anything but lay around and enjoy it. Sounds as if Bill is done with the outside with Gibbs help of course. See you guys in Quartzite soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was! It will be a few degrees cooler in the Q but we all know mid 60's is lovely. :) See you soon!

      Delete
  2. I felt so bad for Randall. He tries so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very nice day.
    So you took the ride across the Interstate to the Center of the World. Tom and I stopped there a few years ago and enjoyed the tour and getting our certificates...😊 The History in Granite was certainly interesting to walk around and read. We felt it was well worth the admission price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully March works out ... we were also disappointed to have to cancel :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never stopped at the Center of the World. One of these days ..........
    I'm glad you have Gibbs to keep Bill on point!!! I swear puppies carry things around just to show everyone how important they are and impress the girls. I'm sure it's working!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The museum is interesting and would probably mean more to you than to us but we enjoyed it.

      Delete
  6. Okay, I'll prove my lack of knowledge. What's a blue boy/honey wagon? I know what we used to call a honey wagon - it was the truck that did the sewer pump outs, but that's isn't a truck. :P

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, glad you asked. It is a portable 'sewer' tank. So, we put it in the back of the truck and connect our macerator hose and dump our black and grey (poo & sink water) tanks into it. Then Bill can take it to a dump station without us having to pack up the Suite and take it. You are on exactly the right track, smarter than you thought! :)

      Delete