Sunday, January 2, 2022

Sunday Coming Down

Pilot Knob RV Resort It was before 6 am on Sunday, Jan. 2nd when I heard Bill telling Gibbs to go back to sleep. I understood from that, without moving or seeing it, that Bill was probably getting a face licking. 😊 The good thing is that Gibbs went back to sleep. ♥ It was then after 7 when they woke again and went out for the first constitution of the day before coming back to bed.
It was then 8 when I got up and took him out for our walk. By then, the sun had come up over the mountain and it was quite refreshing outside. The temperature was only 46F/8C and with a forecast of 59F/15C, we are grateful for that blue sky overhead. Not a cloud in sight. There are too many disasters around the world for us to be anything else.
Sometimes, the sweet parts of the day begin with Gibbs on my lap. It was a brisk walk and when we returned, Bill was in the shower so I made my tea and got Gibbs his breakfast. Then Bill and I went into town. Gibbs needed more food so Pet Smart was our first stop. We will be around Quartzsite for the next couple of months, so wanted to stock up. We bought two bags this time. Next stop, Sam’s Club for a few food items and then back home.
He could just be waiting for his turn at the laptop. It was lunch time so I made a wrap and Bill made a sandwich. I did the few dishes and walked up to start a new puzzle. Josh, the manager, opened the actual ‘in progress’ puzzle room and I found a couple of interesting ones with 550 pieces. After that last challenging one, this was an easy one and I set to work right away.
Yuma Palms Mall is one of the prettiest but most confusing areas to shop. Sunday’s ice cream social was taking place at 2, which we’d opted out of, and then a table of Pokeno players began behind me at 3. I don’t play, so carried on with the puzzle. Before 4, I returned home and started my blog post with a cup of tea. For supper, at 6 we had bbq’d pork strips. There are some leftover potatoes that I fried for Bill and we each had a vegetable.
The next puzzle is quite easy but a fun one.
The Pokeno table of friends, so serious I didn’t enjoy the pork as much as I’d hoped but it was cooked perfectly. For dessert, we had the last of the Christmas cake pudding and sauce. I sure enjoyed that! I had to thicken it again though, while heating it on the stove. Is that normal? I didn’t expect it to go so runny in the fridge overnight. ☹
Never enough pictures of you know who. After dishes, Bill went upstairs after finding a movie downstairs that he knew I would like. Mama Mia, Here We Go Again! ♥ It’s one I hadn’t seen so thoroughly soaked it all in. This was a good day and now Gibbs has enough food to get us through the next couple of months.
The pork strips flattened and spiced
Supper, it just wasn't up to par for me. No one's fault. Good night! Thank you for your visit.

16 comments:

  1. Lovely tree shadows in the morning sun. Gibbs seem quite keen to write your next blog post!! Yes, you need to get Gibbs extra large bags of food. In our house hold, Humans can starve but the doggies must have their meals. I like the puzzle, it is colourful and full of interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I don't even notice the shadows and often they are the best part of a photo. ;)
      Too true about dog food. ha ha, He's eating us out of house and home, Bill says!

      Delete
  2. We had quite a bit of snow here yesterday, so you are lucky to be right where you are!
    Gibbs continues to be the cutest and a very good pup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!! I was just thinking the exact same thing. I need to gather up all Cooper's food for the trip, leaving no space for human food when boondocking. Guess I better figure out just what I can take for me. Love pictures of Gibbs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing we love our babies, their food takes up a bit of space! :) Hopefully you can fit a weiner or two in for you!

      Delete
  4. When I saw the first photo of Gibbs, I thought immediately, he's waiting his turn for the laptop. What a cutie! That haircut makes him look so different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gibbs loves to sit on my lep at the laptop. He just wants me to focus on him. ♥

      Delete
  5. I try to read your posts daily but haven't had the time to comment. This past month has been full of activities - some good, some not so good - but nothing serious - just the way life is sometimes. I'm so glad you are enjoying your time in the warm south. We had a sprinkling of snow on the 2nd, but it was gone pretty quick. Gibbs at the computer was pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice to hear from you and I sure understand how life gets in the way of reading. My posts don't produce anythiing serious either so no worries! I hope everything is okay with you guys.

      Delete
  6. Our temps are cold right now but the long range looks like they go up and down until Jan.17th. Not a lot of snow in the forecast which suits me just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr, I heard that. Glad we're where we are and 'cold' to us is around 10C. :)

      Delete
  7. Gibbs does look as if he is working in an office. So sweet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gibbs is a 'needy' office worker, let me tell you. He leans on the laptop and looks back at me with those big brown eyes. :)

      Delete
  8. Sweet Gibbs. Very photogenic. Hope you found all the groceries you need. Q is not the best place for food shopping as you know. Enjoy your last days at Pilot Knob. The weather is warming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gibbs is a ham, I think that is what you meant to say! haha
      Yes, at Sam's we got what we needed and now need to go to Fry's for the bigger shopping venture. it is getting warmer, yay!

      Delete