Friday, January 28, 2022

Quick Last Tent Walk, Clouds Moved In

La Posa South, Quartzsite, Az

On Friday, Jan. 28th it is like we blinked and the month has flown by. I’m happy to say though, that it didn’t feel like that to me, us. It was a slow leisurely January and we have enjoyed it a lot. It is our first time to be boondocking for this long, in one stretch. šŸ˜Š We still think this year is not a good judge for how much we liked it.

This morning's sky was pretty
and the moon still hadn't said goodbye

In one way, maybe I’ve said this before, it was too quiet without the hustle/bustle of many friends and many Happy Hours. Another perspective is that it was more peaceful, more relaxing and the privacy was great for our little family. Given a choice, we’d rather connect with our friends, here for the 2-week period during the Quartzsite show, since we have all the time in the world to be on our own, away from here. Sounds confusing, but it really isn’t.

A beautiful sky

Today, Gibbs and I went for a shorter walk since Bill and I wanted to head into the Big Tent one more time. We left the Suite a few minutes after 8, got a good spot and after playing our Wordle game on my phone, read until 9. There was no lineup today, the 2nd last day of the show. There was hardly anyone in the tent and we walked down the middle of each aisle with only a couple of stops at booths.


Okay, Gibbs. We need you to look 
after the house for a few hours.

We’d bought magnetic bracelets last Saturday and I needed the young man who sold them to us to take one link out of mine. He did that, we reported on our experiences after wearing them for the time since purchase and moved on. We did one walk around outside and then spent some time wandering through the Grand Design Solitudes. For no reason other than finding the one Bill fell in love with 2 years ago. šŸ˜Š It was fun but nothing will be happening in that department.

A yummy lunch if I do say so myself!

Back home, I dust mopped the floors and did some dusting, basically (in his mind) chasing Gibbs around the Suite. Ha ha. What is it with doggies and mops and dust mitts? At noon, I made us toasted omelette bun sandwiches and wow, they were really good! After dishes, I took my blanket outside and worked away until the clouds moved in and cooled things down. I’ve made good progress which tells you that it is an easy pattern that I’m following. šŸ˜Š

He looked after the house for us but it sure
looks like he knows something I don't know.

Supper was one of those fall back on meals. Mac & cheese with tube steaks (aka wieners) and it was good. Are olives a vegetable? That was my side dish. Teehee. We did the dishes and watched a bit of fill in tv until Magnum P.I. came on at 7. Because of the clouds late afternoon, we put the generator on to watch the show and spent the last couple of hours with our books. Bill has finished another one! He’s leaving me in the dust.

The pink mountains don't only start our days,
they end them too

Bill took this great picture for me tonight

A poor man's meal is a great meal
sometimes

This was a good day. We had fun touring some new rv’s this morning and spent a pleasant afternoon together. I hope you have had a good day as well. Funny story - my little brother in Cold Lake, Alberta texted me a thank you for his Christmas card. It just arrived today. LOL Mailed from Yuma early December. The good news is that it still looks like Christmas in that neck of the woods with all their snow OR that it is early for next Christmas! I'd say it took a trip around the world.

One more look at the sunset
Good night!

Thank you for your visit. Get ready for the weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I really like your supper. It just tastes so good every so often
    Little Gibbs sure knows how to win a heart. I'm really enjoying your pictures, Bill's too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loree. That is a very simple but satisfying meal for some reason! :)

      Delete
  2. Some of each, socializing and solitude, would be about right I think. Pretty shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sunset with your whirligig!! That Gibbs ... he's such a good watch pup!! I'd go for that dinner any day. I'm adding it to my shopping list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bill did great with the sunset shots.
      Security dog, just like in the show. haha

      Delete
  4. I love mac and cheese with bacon and onions in it. Brother in law used to make the best using Velveeta. YUM! I agree with We Two Travellers :) What are the metal bracelets supposed to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The magnetic bracelets are for a lot of things but mostly for relief from arthritis, aches and pains. They seem to be helping Bill's hands, especially and his shoulder, where he has a lot of achy-ness.

      Delete
  5. That Gibbs, he makes me smile! Lovely sunset photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still bitterly cold here but we went for a nice long drive in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad for your sunny days. I remember being toasty in the car last winter on a cold day.

      Delete