Thursday, January 6, 2022

Getting Things Done and Having Fun Too

Pilot Knob RV Resort We knew when we got up on Thursday, Jan. 6th that we were going to go play Bocce Ball since it would be our last time. After the usual ‘Gibbs and Mom’ walk, Bill and I had our first drink and then headed up to the court. I took a thermos of coffee with me. We wore less than we have for the whole month we’ve been here, it was a lovely morning.
Morning walk
Gabby and Gibbs chase each other around the park. Here, Gibbs shares his newly found bottle.
The temperature was already 51F/11C at 7:30 and a balmy 60F/16C when we started play. I had my wind breaker off within 15 minutes, my sweater within half hour, down to short sleeves. This is what we love! Bill was on the other court; we had another great turn out of 17 players. The park is getting fuller each week and after the RV Show in the Q is over, it will get even busier. The pool had users too, all evidence of warmer weather.
The ladies on my court this morning div class="separator" style="clear: both;">
This was the court Bill was playing on. After we had our bacon and eggs for lunch, Bill finished checking the tires on both vehicles, I drove up to the laundromat. We had 3 loads this week since I’d stripped the bed and the 4 chair covers as well. It took the best of 2 hours from beginning to end because it is 2 machines per user, which is fair. Others were doing their laundry after me. In the between times, I went to the clubhouse to work on the puzzle.
Resting on my chair, the better to bark at cars! Bill had just finished packing things up outside with only our big chairs to put away in the morning. I have most things cleared out inside and will secure the cupboards tonight. We’re having air fried chicken strips and fries for supper, maybe with a salad. There isn’t much on television tonight so I will probably get my blog and book finished before bedtime. This has been a nice last day.
A nice non-keto meal. Woops! Good night! Thank you for popping in!

15 comments:

  1. My favorite dinner! Gibbs should get a reward for picking up all the trash!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes Gibbs likes carrying things but not giving them up when we get home.

      Delete
  2. Nice of the weather to perk up - I hope it continues. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme, I think we're on the plus side of the weather now for a while. :)

      Delete
  3. Safe travels!! Looking forward to your next stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. I miss the days of chicken strips and fries. So easy and so good. That darn diabetes. Gibbs will miss his little friend. Have a good trip! Elva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gibbs is sweet to share. Enjoy the short trip to Quartzsite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What brand of Air Fryer do you have? I am really tempted to get one, but don't know that much about the newer models.

    Have a safe journey.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eight inches of snow here last night, you'll be pleased to know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I really enjoyed reading your post, and hope to read more. thank you so much for sharing this informative blog.
    Premier League
    Game Fish Shooting

    ReplyDelete