Tuesday, January 11, 2022

And Yet another Lazy Day in the Desert

La Post South, Quartzsite, Az On Tuesday, Jan. 11th the day started pretty much as they normally do. Gibbs and I started out for our walk in the cooler 39F/4C air. It wasn’t windy so it was no real hardship since I know enough to have gloves and a couple of layers under my coat. I wear a ball cap so no heat escapes that way. Isn’t that what the myth says? That most of our body heat escapes through our head. Anyway, the walk didn’t last no 30 minutes this morning!
To the west, the sky was quite inviting. Just down at the corner, at the main road in, Gibbs discovered a real find. An animal bone that was interesting (& in Mama’s mind safe) enough to pick up and bring home. I though it was cute. He then kept stopping and I knew the question in his little head was ‘can we go home now? I want to bury my bone’. 😊 So, once we’d walked maybe20 minutes, he beelined for the Suite. I followed and that was our morning walk.
To the north, it was more beautiful than the actual sunrise today. Inside, he immediately ran up to the bedroom to hide his treasure in the pillows. It was in and out of hiding places for the remainder of the day. We all got quite a kick out of watching him bury it in the stones using his nose and paws and then retrieving it soon after. ♥
Gibb's treasure. I don't know how much he'll get out of it other than that it is his and we won't take it away. :) The nice thing about today, other than the weather and comradery with a friend, was that Gibbs and Cooper are starting to get along better. Yesterday was an intro and they weren’t sure of each other.
Gibbs waiting and watching for Cooper and Nancy to come out.I didn't get any pictures of them playiing but there's time for that. Gibbs, being bigger, seemed to have the upper hand, putting Cooper off BUT today, Cooper held his own and was interested enough to get off Nancy’s lap and ‘play’ a bit. That was fun to watch and it should only improve. Other than a few very short walks with Gibbs, I didn’t stray from camp but did manage to make a huge dent in my book. Nancy mentioned needing something to read so since we have plenty, I took her over a couple this morning to start on. 😊
There were little piles of stones like this around the seating area. Is the bone there? Only Gibbs knew.
He'd eventually settle beside Nancy, he's getting used to her company too.
Snuggle time with Mom before it was time to make supper.
At 5:15 I peeled a potato for supper, cooked it and cauliflower inside while Bill grilled corn and bacon wrapped beef tenderloin outside.
Supper on the Weber Q
The distraction of a gorgeous sunset was a welcome one. There was the most beautiful sunset tonight (thank you!♥) so we captured that red sky a few times as it changed from bright to brighter. After dishes, we settled in for the night. Another day where we were outside for most of the day. There was a period in there where we came inside for lunch and a doze.
Each time we looked, it got brighter and better. ♥ Good night! This was another quiet day and the weather was perfect. Thank you

17 comments:

  1. I just knew I should not have trusted Tom to watch and let me know if the colors got bright. He was finishing the ribs on the grill so I guess I will let it slip by this time...lol I had went in to fix some sides to go with our ribs and just caught the last of the color from what I see in your pictures. If the day goes as planned we will see you sometime tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kid of yours is so much fun. I've never seen a pup bury anything as often as he does that bone!!! It's the perfect toy for him ... except when he buries it under your bedroom pillow!!! I'll be on the hunt for more books today. Thank you for letting me read yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is entertaining, i agree!
      Don't buy books unless you really want to. We have tons!

      Delete
  3. Gibbs sure keeps us laughing with his antics and not every dog loves burying bones etc. He sure is a character! Q will for sure get more busier during the show and maybe some folks will show up for bloggerfest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm envying the amount of time you're able to be outdoors. That Gibbs, what a character - he's live entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful there and so nice to have Nancy and Cooper visit! Fun times! Dinner sure looks yummy and what a perfect sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb said something today about how the month went so fast. No matter how relaxed we are, the days still fly by! :)

      Delete
  6. We're enjoying getting to know Nancy better and Cooper is so sweet and gentle compared to Gibbs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy is a kick. The first year we met we were at Pilot Knob but she met us at the laundromat in the Foothills. She very adaptable to any situation. Elva

    ReplyDelete