Sunday, June 12, 2022

Crazy Spring Day – Is it Going to Rain?

The Ridge

So, Sunday, June 12th was a questionable
weather day from early morning, when it was raining hard then lighter, up until late afternoon into evening. We slept in a bit, later than on the normal week days and Bill took Black Beauty to 6 & 6 Auctions where he’d bought a couple of items.  He was very happy to have won on his bids within a reasonable amount of $$. They were open at 8 for customers so he was out the door early.

There's the strange sky we saw off and on all day

Gibbs and I had a couple of hours to bide our time. I had my tea and played my games while he was gone. Gibbs waited until Daddy returned and then he ate his breakfast. We wanted to go to Hanover to pick up a few grocery items at Walmart, make a stop also at Canadian Tire and then to Pioneer to get diesel. The rain had pretty much stopped at 10 as was forecasted so maybe we’d see some sun later?

Gibbs and Daddy had their afternoon snooze

sometimes the floor works just as well

I know there are definite increases in food, as well as other things, but I still am quite surprised when we walk out with 4 full bags of groceries for $125. Dairy products, cereal, sausages, cookies, bread, vegetables and some canned and jar goods. We were okay with the bill today. 😊 When we got back, we had toasted tomato and cheese sandwiches for lunch and Bill went to get another bladder of water.

The goldfinch are so happy with their food
I've never seen so many and they never leave 💓

The Orioles are still around but still prefer
the hummers food to the oranges

He also wants to go to the Hardware but it wasn’t open until noon and we came through at 11:30. We both agreed that sitting half hour to wait isn’t in our genes. The weather has changed again. The humidity which brought heat this morning has dropped and it almost feels cool inside the Suite. It’s hard to know what to put on when you go outside. I wonder if this spring’s weather will ever straighten itself around?

Bill came back from 6 & 6 auctions
with a very dirty Black Beauty
so we went to the truck wash in Hanover
while we were there

Toasted tomato & cheese for lunch

Gibbs smells something on the ground and has
to roll in it
What a goof 💕

M popped over to ask me to do a small job for him in the morning before I go to work. I’ll do after I clean the Mat. I texted Jamie this morning to tell him what we’d done and he had been in Saturday night and was very pleased. That’s good to get a thumbs up from ‘the boss’. 😊 I went out to the Bunky to put one puzzle away and decide what to do next. I chose to redo the planter that we bought in Lake Havasu a few years ago. It had dirt, stones and some real baby cacti.

The project begins but it took some 'thinking'
on how to keep the painted cacti in place

It was certified by a sticker on the bottom that allowed us to bring it across the border but they never even knew about it. The cacti died over the next couple of years but we kept the themed container and I painted little cactus rocks to sit in it instead. They were glued in until 2 little grandson hands discovered them and pulled them out on one of his first visits. I decided to fix it one day and today was the ‘one day’.


I added a few red stones before
placing it back on the coffee table

It was a bit of a challenge but with some plastic out of the recycle bin, I managed to make a half-a** job of it and now it sits back in the house where it belongs. 😊 Then, I got another puzzle out. This one is only 500 pc. and with large pieces but it is 24” x 31” so fills the table. I had to sort pieces by colour, leaving some in the box that I wasn’t going to be working on. I hate this way of doing a puzzle but it is a necessary evil on this table. It works.

At this point, I never know how big the border will be


I was pushing the limits of the table
with this one

Bill hopped on Jazz and went into the hardware store for a chain, he had checked weather for rain and was sure he wouldn’t get wet. When he returned, he hooked up the harrow that he got at the auction (he’s been wanting one for a few years) to the mower and went crazy. 

Cleaning up some of the weeds
down the centre of the lane

Adding a little weight pulled the weeds out of the
parking area too
Gibbs approves

I had a cute video of Gibbs following Bill's tractor
but for some reason, my videos won't load anymore.
                                                  

This is a good purchase for the property.
We'll do this every few weeks to keep the weeds at bay.

It worked well on the parking area, pulling the weeds and doing the same down the lane. As long as he’s happy, is what I say. 😊 Gibbs, of course, had to supervise and check his path each time he went by.

After some sunshine, there's that 
threatening sky again

I came in at 5, it was getting downright chilly! There was fog for a while and then it disappeared within half hour. Strange weather, I say again. For supper, I made up a goulash of some sort with ground beef, veggies and corn on the cob on the side. Also, a batch of Pillsbury biscuits for dipping. Yum. Ooh, it tasted wonderful! Bill reminded me that we had strawberry chiffon tarts for dessert so of course, we each had one of those.

I never knew what this would be until I
got started at making it.

Bill had his shower after turning the dishwasher on and I sat to finish my blog. This has been a good day, busy enough but mostly with hobby things. 😊

There is probably going to be a great
sunset tonight but I'm not waiting for it.
so
Good night!

Thank you for your visit.

15 comments:

  1. What a cute little painted stone project.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Maxx, your planter looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the cactus garden, and supper looked rustic and comforting, esp. with the biscuits, my kind of meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought of pulling a haro with the lawn mower. VERY smart your husband!! Love the cactus bowl! You are so very crafty!! Yes the puzzle is pushing the limits, but I've no doubt you will get it finished!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust Bill to get bright ideas! haha This one at least was fulfilled! ♥
      Thank you Nancy.

      Delete
  5. The little cacti dish is cute! Good job. There sure isn't much room on the table - those are some big pieces. I'm sure you'll have it done in a few hours. I've got a 550 piece on my kitchen table, it will take me a week or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme. No, there isn't much room but with only the pieces I need set out, it should help. ;) Good luck with your puzzle!

      Delete
  6. The Weather has been unpredictable lately.
    Nice day for getting lots of things finished.
    Cute little planter bowl.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your cactus garden project. Very clever. Gibbs is so cute all the time but I really love how he sprawls on your bodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva. I love the way you say it. Sprawls on our bodies! haha cute!

      Delete
  8. I'm afraid I've got lazy about commenting, but I always read your blog and enjoy keeping track of your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite alright F.G. I get lazy about commenting too but I do read blogs as well. Thanks for still following! :)

      Delete