Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Chattels List, Sister Time and Shopping!

The Ridge

On Tuesday, June 7th, we were all up, at different intervals, by 7. I made a tea to take to town and while Bill got ready for his job, I left to clean the Mat. I cleaned out the Lost & Found box first and the things I’d been seeing all month were sorted and the good items went into a washing machine. The rest, went into the garbage bag. Stained, mismatched, damaged items cannot be donated.

Stealing pictures from last year on June 7th
The Paisley bridge on fire 😖

I set about cleaning while they washed and with everything done except wet-mopping the floors, I began making the Chattels list for Jamie. It was a new experience for me, not that I’ll ever have to do it again, but something I’ve never done before. 😊 It was 2 hours later when I folded the clean clothes and mopped the floors and locked up the storage rooms. Back home, Bill had long gone and Gibbs was happy to see me.

I remember how devastated I was hearing this
These pictures were on line, not mine, obviously

We sat together in my chair. He ate his breakfast soon after that. I’d eaten my oatmeal and yogourt with freshly stewed rhubarb earlier so at noon, got cleaned up and at 12:30 drove back into Durham. At the Beer Store, I turned in the bottles and cans I’d collected since we came home and then picked up a case of Molson’s for the Bunky fridge. Bill doesn’t drink beer much and never buys it for himself but likes to have some on hand for when Gerry comes over.

Then I met Donna at the Credit Union parking lot and I drove to Owen Sound. We picked our sister, Gayle, up along the way and we were off! Donna walked across the lot to Value Village while Gayle and I went into Princess Auto for some of their sale items. I found Bill’s power bar, my chicken wire for the garden, hose nozzles to water our plants and wash vehicles, knee pads for my work and the garden and even a treat for Gibbs.

We found a lot of good things!

Then we drove the 100’  to Value Village where I dropped off the bag of freshly washed clothing. In the store, we all go our separate ways and find goodies of all kinds. When we left there, we went to the Mission Store just down the street and then we headed for home. Lastly, a stop at Pet Smart for Gibbs’ food. After dropping Gayle off at her place, Donna and I arrived in Durham around 5:15 and I got home minutes later.

A repeat, almost, of Monday night's supper
Still good with just a few leftovers in the fridge
Maybe for a soup?

For supper, we had leftover roast, potatoes etc. from last night. It was good but I probably ate too much. Gibbs ate his supper without any hesitation and with dishes in the dishwasher, Bill went to the Hangar for the evening. He had a good day and was finished by 3. He felt like a new man after getting his haircut down the road at 4:30 and he looked happy with the cut. Although I usually like the long curly locks at the back, he's even more handsome now!💗😉

This wasn’t supposed to be a long post since I didn’t get pictures throughout the day. Oh well, skip through the boring parts!

This picture is from our London home in 2013
Southwest corner of our tiny yard
Good night!

Thank you for your visit again today. 

14 comments:

  1. Gosh ... haven't heard that word chattel in a long time!!! Too sad he has to sell the mat. You certainly made a haul on your shopping trip. Don't you just love it when you actually find everything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great afternoon with sisters! That's quite the haul. I had to look up Chattel's List, but google told me LOL. Dinner looks yummy, love leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice blend of work and play.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy making your list.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day! I'm off to VV myself this morning. It's been awhile and I've got stuff to drop off and perhaps I'll find a few treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting - always took forward to read what you are doing and love seeing your photos.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy for commenting! :) I love to hear from new readers.

      Delete
  6. I also had to look up Chattels List. It's nice to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd heard of it but just wasn't sure what it entailed. Now I do!

      Delete
  7. Sounds as if you had a lovely day. Good job on getting that list done and the lost and found cleared out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete