Saturday, April 13, 2024

Beautiful Change ofWeather

Arrowhead Lakes Resort

On Saturday, Apr. 13th it didn’t take long after waking up to see that the forecasters were right. I couldn’t see a cloud in the sky. 😊 Today was shower and laundry day, so I hopped into the shower right away. We’ve had the fireplace on since our second day here to take the chill out and overnight, it has been all we’ve needed. No charge for electric here for short term stays so we may as well save our propane.

Good morning!!

I sorted the clothes, more than usual since it has been almost 2 weeks, and we drove back to the laundry building. It isn’t far but I thought it was further than Bill should have to carry the heavy basket. 

The laundry room at the park is a nice
size

Loading only 2 machines, they weren’t jammed and then I walked back 25 minutes later to swap them over to the dryers. The cost is $1.50 for each machine. I walked back home, rather than sit there for 60 minutes, and took Gibbs for his walk.

Okay, I laughed at this sign.
Who's sitting on the washers??

I’ve had two conversations this morning with other rv’ers. The sun brings everyone out, which is nice. A fellow across from us was born in Newmarket, Ontario and although he lives now in Michigan with his wife, his aunt is in Hanover and another family member is in Lucknow. For those of you who know our province, are familiar with these small(ish) towns. For others, they aren’t too far from where we live. Coincidences. 😉

So, Gibbs isn't the only puppy who barks at passersby
These two are looking after the house for
their absent parents. 💕

It wasn’t Gerald, but Gibbs did get a lot of pets and tummy rubs from another fellow down the row with two Springer spaniels and a shepherd mix. Gibbs had no hesitation as he approached the man. A dog person, he knows. We both walked back to fold and retrieve our clothes, that will be a big help back home, not having to do laundry for a while. The temperature isn’t warm, yet, but 63F/17C for this afternoon, sounds wonderful.

In town, there were many people
cutting grass


I thought the townspeople were
being a little (a lot) optimistic to plant
flowers so soon.
Then I realized they were all fresh cut flowers.
Cool!

I had to look up to get these next pictures



At 11:30 we discussed lunch, but neither of us hungry, so drove into the small town of Wapakoneta. We needed to top Black Beauty up plus find some potable water and a few groceries at Walmart. It didn’t take long so we took a drive through the downtown. The tall old buildings now used as town businesses caught my eye and were worthy of a few photos.

I thought this was space related but
now that I read it, it was solar related too!

Back home, we unloaded stuff and Bill dumped the two 1-gallon bottles of water into our fridge container. We didn’t take our empty ones with us absent-minded and didn’t want to pay for another full bottle at Walmart. We already have two of the 5-gallon bottles to fill. The sun was absolutely wonderful and although the wind is on the cool side, it was a pretty nice day. We did reach the forecasted high by 2 o’clock. Now, we felt that we needed a nibble so cheese and snacks it was! 😊

I'd like to say that our little pooch is overjoyed
about walking with Mom
but.....

he's actually rolling in something in the gravel.
LOL

I finished my book and since I only have one left of Janet’s, I don’t want to start it yet. I am going to keep my eyes open for the early ones though, they are quick reads. I took Gibbs for his afternoon walks and it was a nice long one around the back end of the park again. I was going to make a cup of tea but remembered that my coffee was still sitting in the truck from earlier. Duh. It was more than half full so I just reheated it for my caffeine burst.

Corn hole, anyone?

Bill went out at 4 to dump tanks, put some fresh water into the water tank and put the hoses away. Better now when they are warm from the sun. We’ll use the water pump tonight and be gone in the morning. For supper, we had some of the meatloaf, corn and the last of the potatoes. They needed to be cleaned up. 😊 Supper was very good and we have one more meat loaf meal left.

That's a lot of dandelion wine or oil
right there in one boulevard

Last night, I watched reruns of NCIS until bedtime, so I turned them on again to continue watching. The sky is still clear blue at 6:45 so no clouds to add to the sunset. That’s okay, we’re enjoying the break. There are a few young people in the park for the weekend and it is nice to see some of the habits we practiced when we were young. Although, I was mostly in a tent!

This tree is on our site.
I wish we could take it home to
replace our tree that broke this winter.

Supper was good.

This has been a great day. We have clean laundry for a couple of weeks, the larder is stocked and we’re almost ‘home’.

The sun gets ready to say good evening.


Good night, United States!

Thank you for stopping in.

11 comments:

  1. Gas up Stateside! It took another huge jump the last couple of days.😒

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you hit the Duty-Free at the Ambassador Bridge, you can save on fuel costs.
    Hoping getting your slide in, will be easy.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing at the roll in the gravel. Good smells there!! Love the architecture of that town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home soon....yay for you! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Love those buildings. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe trip for the next phase!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost home now. What an interesting place to visit. Love those tall buildings.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete