Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Not Much Happening Today

The Ridge

On Tuesday, Apr. 23rd I was surprised to see mostly blue skies out my bedroom window. My forecast for today showed clouds and rain. By the time I got downstairs at 7:15, made my tea and chatted with Bill, it all pretty much changed. He had a busier morning than I did. It was still windy, a Ridge tradition apparently, and now that the clouds had covered the sky, it was cold. The 11C/54F we reached today felt nowhere near that. Brrr.

This is what a lot of our day was like.
Bottom picture, he's on the step, Bill is upstairs
and I'm downstairs in the kitchen. 

Bill was outside long enough to go and fill our water bladder (thank you Rob) and to get another propane tank filled. Both were bordering on empty yesterday, one completely and the second one absurdly close. Now we’re set for a while but it still needs to warm up. Our Blue Flame heater is our main source of heat, with the furnace only running for a couple of cycles first thing in the morning. This warms our floors up and the under belly as well.

I only went out once, after lunch, and that was to cart my 4 containers of paints and small rocks from under the bed out to the Bunky. Bill set up my folding table that I bought last winter. I’ve decided not to use the round table, it takes up so much room in there. Hopefully, this one will work for any puzzles I want to do. The rest of my day was basically a lazy one.

Baked keto oatmeal, for a few breakfasts
for me.

I researched a tenancy agreement for M, who is ready (finally) to rent out his front apartment again. It took forever to get the last ‘non-paying’ tenant out and Bill and I have offered to get him set up properly this time, with regulations and an agreement in place. With that tentatively done, I made a batch of my Baked Keto Oatmeal for my breakfasts. We were both wimps this afternoon and didn’t want to be outside. A good day to rest up from yesterday’s surge. Although, I must say that my stretching last night seemed to help. I felt pretty good when I woke up.😊

Two good meals out of a $5 brisket.
That's pretty good in my books.

We had corned beef brisket for supper with potatoes, onions and carrots. No cabbage, I don’t have any and Bill doesn’t like it anyway. Boy, was it good! It was so tender, the whole meal was cooked in Madame IP. She did a great job!

We didn't see the sun since first thing
this morning.
This was the closest we got.
Good night!

I took very few pictures today but have a couple of my lazy little boy and one Bill sent me of a broken tree branch from down near the pond. It’s a dead tree that we plan on taking down this summer before it falls on the Hangar. The winter removed this branch for us, thankfully, in the right direction. I forgot to download that picture,  so will include it tomorrow. 


I hope your day is warmer than ours and if it is, you can consider sending some our way. 😊

Thank you for popping in.

 

12 comments:

  1. Hey, there's no such thing as Keto Oatmeal. Your body turns all grains into glucose, sugar when you eat it. :O) Eating grains is like eating sugar.
    bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm chuckling because I do know what Keto is, Bob. :) My recipe of Baked Keto Oatmeal does NOT contain oatmeal. It contains crushed almonds, coconut, cream and egg.

      Delete
    2. OH, OK, looks like something I can eat, no corn ether.
      Bobseyes

      Delete
  2. The joys of spring! Like your dusting of snow a day or two ago, ours was last night and a very cold easterly wind. Brrrrrrr…. Stay warm.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is spring so we aren't too surprised by what we get, are we? :)
      You stay warm as well!

      Delete
  3. Mrs. IP is a good cook!! I'm using your oatmeal bar recipe to get some good local honey into me, per everyone who has allergies. No worries ... you will be outside slaving away very soon. Love those pictures of Mr. Gibbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,she is!! I'm sure we will be outside soon, wishing for an inside day!! haha

      Delete
  4. We had a lovely day yesterday, when the temperature reached 16C - today will be even better if it reaches the forecasted high of 20C. It's supposed to last through the weekend but I'm willing to share. Hopefully it reaches you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some times slow days are the best! Your oatmeal looks yummy! So does dinner :)

    ReplyDelete