Sunday, April 21, 2024

Blowin’ in the Wind, Warm Sun Though

The Ridge

On Sunday, Apr. 21st we were both in a bit of shock when we saw sunshine rising in full view out our back window. We also knew that it wouldn’t last long because there was a large presence of cloud hovering just above it. Last night, or the wee hours of the morning, we dropped to a chilly 0C/32F and that’s about where it was at 7. I was up at 6:45 as I seemed to be slept out after my 8 hours of blissful slumber. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Good morning!

I joined Bill downstairs and we sat and had our morning brews together. Tea is still my go-to drink first thing. Lots of cream and a tablespoon of coconut oil tops it off nicely, giving me the fat to keep me full until my mid-morning coffee. Sometimes, I have yogourt but not every morning. Although cool/cold outside, we both were anxious to get ‘something’ done today since there was to be no precipitation of any shape or form.

Front and back put up
That's a start

Bill went out before it got too windy and began covering the shelter. This houses our Yamaha, Ptooties winter tires, the shelving unit for our bike boots & helmets and the new riding mower. He said he’d call me when he needed my help so I stayed out of the way. I did bundle up myself though, in long johns under my jeans, before putting Gibbs’ coat on and grabbed my winter coat from the Bunky. Then we went out to greet the day. Brrrr.

The outhouse is the first to get
cleaned out and decorated

The sun was certainly warm but the clouds were making a game of hiding it just as we were feeling the heat. Out, in, out, in was the game. ๐Ÿ˜Š Bill managed to get the ends on the shelter only, and I did help a wee bit holding them in place while he did the hard part of bolting and attaching the metal joints. We leave the frame up all year but it is still a pain to get the covering in place.

Bill got the firepit out and
burned some cardboard.

We were hoping to have it all covered so we could move those items out of the sheds but it was too cold and windy to finish. I got my trowel and managed to get another small garden weeded.  We emptied the stored items out of the outhouse aka Ridge Restroom and I swept it out and hung a few things outside. We’ve learned from past years not to leave t.p. on the roller so I retrieved one of those as well. The mice like it too much to leave it out.

I'm very sad about my sweater
Any great ideas out there for you crocheters?
Or is it a lost cause?

Speaking of mice. I did find one on the floor yesterday in there, dead, and although we place the poison blocks in the sheds, they also found my hand crocheted sweater in the Bunky. I said a few choice words that I won’t repeat as I have no illusion that it can be fixed. It was perfect for campfire sitting, long enough to keep my behind warm too. It’s the only item of clothing they touched – so far – but the most important. I should have packed it in the Rubbermaid tub. Darn!

The goldfinches and
chickadees are happy I put the feeders out

Bill went to the Hangar and hung his solar light and wind sock and Gibbs and I came inside. My feet could not get warm! It was only 10 am, we’d been outside for a couple of hours, so I sat with Gibbs and started another book. This one is called The Good Girl by Mary Kubica and it’s a page turner. It won’t take me long to read. 

Across North Line
the cattle were headed out for their day

We had sandwiches for lunch and Bill went up to watch a movie and/or snooze. Gibbs was back and forth between us, seeking cuddles where he could get them.

We hung around for the rest of the afternoon, still too cold to be outdoors for very long. The clouds mostly moved out, which means we’re in for another c-c-cold night.  It seems that the warm weather is in the provinces to the west so we’ll just wait until they are done with it. We can wait. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Simple but good.
I actually had some popcorn later. ๐Ÿ˜‹

For supper, we had sausages on a keto bun and they were very good. The buns were too small but I like more meat anyway!

We’ve had a good day, despite the cool temps and look forward to starting our week with the promise of a change.

Good night!

Thank you for stopping in.

15 comments:

  1. Sorry about the sweater. It is not the best of springs but we shall enjoy what we can! A roll of toilet paper can be stored in an old coffee container, tin works best, also some handi wipes can be stored as well, same way. They stay dry, fresh, and in perfect condition.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Each day has improved and i know it won't stay but at least we are getting out a bit.
      The little black cupboard in my pix, to the right of the door) closes right and has the t.p. stock.

      Delete
  2. Your sweater. Stitch all the insides together as best you can. It appears to be in the center, so maybe you could cover with a big brooch or a patch of some kind - maybe a lace appliquรฉ. The only other way would be to find the lowest point, join a thread and crochet it back together. Sorry I’m too far away or I’d do that for you. Looks too cold to get much of anything done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'm going to try that! I told Bill something similar, maybe an applique of something, front and back.
      Thank you, I'm sure you'd have it fixed in a minute. It broke my heart!!

      Delete
  3. OH NO :(( Maybe you could get a few (many) pot holders out of your sweater. Maybe a new sweater for Gibbs! The back of your sweater could cover his back then add straps to go under his tummy! or not.......maybe new slippers for mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, lots of nice wool but i want to Avoid taking it apart unless that is a last resort. Thanks though.

      Delete
  4. PS.....94 here today. The shade isn't too bad but the A/C is MUCH BETTER!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I've never tried it, I wonder if you couldn't unravel a couple of rows, and recrochet that portion. I'm assuming there is a yarn string that you could use to frog it back so that you have two pieces. Then you could join the two pieces, as you would with a granny square project. It would look a little odd and you would use some length but it might work. Or as Nancy said, perhaps you can create a patch with another piece of crochet and sew it on over the hole.
    We reached a high of 16C here yesterday, and I spent the morning cleaning out the shed. I pulled out all the recycling and unpacked my boxes of garden items. It was a lovely day to spend getting dirty. :) Here's hoping your weather improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see if there is a yarn string to join but like Nancy's idea too.
      Thank you.
      What nice temps you are getting. It sure is nice to get out, Even for a bit.

      Delete
  6. So sorry about the sweater. What rotten luck. We (Maebeme as well) are having some lovely weather, though it has been windy and today we got much needed rain.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. Nice that you too are getting warm weather. (& rain).

      Delete
  7. Aww that is so sad about your sweater :-) I will try and blow warm weather your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My brother, in Alberta, has lovely weather too but far too dry. Fires have already started near him. :(

      Delete
  8. You could likely pick up some stitches to fill in the holes. Is it both sides? Front and back?

    ReplyDelete