Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Tip Top Today! Another Go-Go Day


The Ridge

We slept well, I guess I should speak for myself. I slept well. I was awake at 2:30 but dropped off easily until 5:30. I had my window open and rain was blowing against the blind so I closed the window. At one point, it was quite a heavy downpour but no need for the warnings in our area. Bill’s alarm went off at 6:30 today, Wednesday, June 3rd. He was giving himself some extra sleep time as he made his lunch last night.

I didn't have many pictures today so I have
one from a blogger friend's blog that I borrowed
The credit goes to Bob
Each time you check in to his blog, the pictures are different
he has 100 on the roll, each one awesome
(I hope you don't mind, Bob! These are so beautiful and real although they look like toys)
He hopped in the shower and gradually around 7, I got up too, feeling great. I’d stripped and remade the bed yesterday with fresh sheets, I might have told you that, and maybe that added to the nice sleep. A lighter top cover helped too. It felt like a summer sleep! I brought the bundle of sheets and towels downstairs and opted to wait for my tea. It seems to taste so much better if I have worked for it either at the Mat or on a walk. 😊 Head games.

I read a couple of blogs quickly and at 7:20 said goodbye to Bill, who leaves around 7:30, and drove into Durham. No one was there when I arrived but soon enough it became busy. All friendly people. Some just washed and others washed and dried their clothes. I had a nice chat with the owner of the Krazy Dollar at the edge of town. Nice man who filled me in a bit on why he never closed when the pandemic hit.

Yesterday, I finished some rocks
They didn't turn out great but it was fun
I loaded a washer and went about my job. It took a little longer today, working around people isn’t as easy, but after damp mopping the floor I was out of there before 9. I haven’t made up my work chart yet and I’m not sure if it is even necessary. Jamie trusts me and I just need to keep track for myself and tell him my hours on ‘payday’.  Back home, I hung the sheets and came inside for my tea. Aaah.

The sky started out ominous enough this morning but we knew it wasn’t supposed to be a wet day. A hot one for sure, but not a rainy one. I changed into my grubby clothes and attached the last segments of the dreaded hill. Determination got me through and it was after at least 2 ½ hours I was finishing up. Because there is still grassy/weedy areas on all sides of this ‘newly planted’ area, I placed rocks sporadically as an edging. Bill can now whipper snip knowing where to stop without nicking my plants. He would surely be in trouble!

And yes, finished for now
I may square it up across the bottom but it is hard work
When I was done, I felt such satisfaction and since it was 1 and I’d missed my coffee break, made one and my lunch plate. I washed and changed into summer attire. Yesterday, I had called in a prescription renewal for Bill so headed back into town now that stores would be open. Drug store, Bank, Liquor Store, Foodland and then home by 2. I was done for the day. Literally. My left arm was aching from the work and possible arthritis so I knew not to do anything else.

The sun reflections on the pond never cease to please
I took my book and went outside with my water. Before settling at the patio table though, I walked down the laneway. It never fails. I seem to get rewarded when I do that and I can’t wait to show you, even though it is somewhat confusing to me. I specifically looked at the spot where Mama Yertle was sitting yesterday for her egg-laying. When I saw the hole in the sandy gravel, I expected to see just that. Lo and behold, her eggs were in plain view.

I thought they would be in danger so pushed a bit of gravel over them not knowing if this was the right thing to do. The pictures that I took are exciting to me as I’ve never seen them before. I wonder if this was the Mama who was up to visit me yesterday. Of course, they all look alike, don’t they? I just don’t understand why she left them. I walked back up the hill and Googled what I could about turtle eggs. It wasn’t a lot of help.

My lucky capture of the day
Looks like about 4 that I can see
I wasn’t sitting long at the table when Bill called and asked me to meet him in Hanover at Heinz Auto Body. They have the camera for our tailgate in now and can put it in tomorrow. He will leave BB tonight and I’ll take him to work in the morning. We have dinner plans tomorrow so I will pick him up early afternoon.  I grabbed my purse and headed out. Even though I didn’t dawdle, with construction on the highway and the distance, I knew he’d be there before me.

When we returned home, I asked if he’d help me get the sheets off the line. It isn’t hard but with the wind, it is much easier if he can hold the umbrella line from spinning. Sounds silly but it saves me a bit of aggravation.  First, he said he needed a shower, it was a dirty job today that they got into. With the sheets folded and put away, we agreed on a simple supper. Not keto though but he at least is doing well with his weight. He must be working it off!

It was an awesome day
Ghosty is back
good night!
After he rested for a while, we had toasted bacon, tomato and cheese sandwiches. They were very good and an easy clean up afterwards. The sky was clear of clouds tonight and after a 27C/81F day, the breeze between 7 – 22 mph has been totally welcome. Our sheets dried really quickly and it has been an enjoyable day to be outside working. Both Bill and I can attest to that. This was another great day.

Thank you for taking the time to visit today! Your comments are always great to read.

17 comments:

  1. I know nothing of turtle eggs, except you are very lucky to find them!! Maybe she will come back and cover them up? Nice you can get out for some exercise at the mat!! Looks like a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm not 'up' on the process either so just hoping they will product babies when the time is right.

      Delete
  2. Love the feel and smell of freshly washed sheets! You did have a great day! Love the little eggs, hoping she covers them up to keep them safe! Dinner sounds yummy! Sometimes simpler is better for sure! Hoping Bill is enjoying his work, it sounded like it on his blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great day and so far, Bill is enjoying the work. The $$ is nice too! haha

      Delete
  3. What a great find with the turtle eggs!! Hope they hatch and you get to enjoy the little ones. Maybe I need a job that causes me to lose weight. All the work at the lot worked for Dean too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, funny how Bill can lose when I gain and visa versa. LOL
      Hopefully the turtles will hatch. :)

      Delete
  4. How exciting to find the turtle eggs...I hope babies are in your future! Maybe I need a job that whil help ME lose weight. Working at the lot has sure worked for Dean too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty cool to be able to see, and get pictures, of turtle eggs. I sure hope they are okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope so too. I wondered if I should be calling someone in the area to come and rescue them.

      Delete
  6. Nice when the weather cooperates with nature. Finding the turtles nest is quite a bonus for the Ridge.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the warmer temperatures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A busy day for both of you! The turtle eggs are an interesting find. I hope they survive.

    Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those turtle eggs are an awesome find! I've never seen any either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not in a prime spot so I hope all tires stay on the gravel.

      Delete
  9. Patsy-

    A little onion, mozzarella & ketchup with your turtle egg omelet.

    M’m-mm, now that’s some good eat’n!

    Don’t forget a glass of O. J. & toast with that!


    ReplyDelete