Saturday, June 22, 2019

Weatherman is Bang On! Work, Laundry on Line, Landscaping, Company and SUMMER!



The Ridge
It was 5:45 when I woke up on Friday, June 21st. Remember how we used to LOVE Fridays when we were working? Especially those of us who had weekends off. I actually loved Wednesdays too because the rest of the week always seemed to zip by. Well, it is Friday and a beautiful one to wake up. I guess I still LOVE them! By the time I was up, dressed, washed and had my teeth brushed, snuggle bum moved and stretched. Good.

A perfect way to start a day
 I let him out for his business and gathered our bathroom towels and linens from the kitchen and headed out the door. Bill called once I let him know I was up and we chatted on my way. I had forgotten that yesterday afternoon his clients were friends of ours. Well, no, I forgot that our friends were his afternoon clients. I didn’t forget that the Fonts were friends of ours! That just sounded funny. I’m hoping Bill lays it on this morning while doing their hitch work about accepting our offer for a visit this summer. 😊
Blue and green should never be seen???
They are beautiful together!!
The laundromat wasn’t bad with the exception of one washer that needed a really thorough cleaning. It is the one that says “Use for dirty work clothes”. Someone does and often it has dirt and sand in the bottom. Jamie suggested running a wash through it so I retrieved the keys, got some change out of a washer and did just that. It came out sparkling! In the meantime, I went about wiping all the others out, doing the lint, dry mopping and damp mopping floors.

And the few things on the line dried nicely
It took me an hour and a half but I left it ready and open to customers! They should have no complaints! I drove down to North Wellington FS but it wasn’t 8 am yet so I couldn’t get my finch seed that I want. Tomorrow morning, I will take care of that. My finches are hungry! I hung the towels etc. on the line and came in for my tea. Clemson had moved downstairs to his bed and was soaking up the rays coming in the back-side window. He’s a smart cookie.

Hi little bum!
I read some blogs and finished my tea. I wanted to perk up the 3 trees up at our sitting area and help Bill out when he is weed-trimming. If we lay landscape screen around these, like the others we’ve done so far, he doesn’t have to trim so close. The weed-eater is not kind to the smaller tree trunks either. So, I set about the process of cutting the circle using our ‘pretend’ wooden wheels. They work perfectly! That was Bill’s idea.

With my wagon to lug the mulch bags, I began
Note the flower box area behind the wagon?

also this tree and our little red maple in the pot
need 'sprucing' up (no pun intended)
With that finished and a little bit extra, I put the tools, mulch and garbage away before coming inside for a coffee and a bite to eat. I had some butternut squash soup to warm up with some yogourt and cheddar. It was good and filling along with my coffee. It’s just noon hour and I feel I’ve accomplished a lot this morning. Now, I feel that I can relax for the remainder of the day. What say you? Our company should be along within the next couple of hours so I’m looking forward to that!

This will make it much easier to weed trim this area

And from the patio end
and this area too

Clemson and I took a walk down the lane and down North Line a lone turtle
'hustling' (picture that if you can!) across the country road was the only critter I saw. I heard lots of plopping but the weeds are too high now in the pond that we can’t even see the logs. This lessens my viewing pleasure but they made up for it later in the day. There was mail, I knew that the flyers were in there yesterday but with the rain, no walk. Today, a card arrived for Bill, so it was worth the walk.

Two families in the front field running from me

and one cutting through by Bill's Hangar
After a text from Ken and Kim, and some misinterpretation from Google Maps, I was not expecting to see them until closer to 3. I decided to take Black Beauty back into Durham to pick up the bird seed and check out Foodland for my yogourt. I’d finished the last of mine. First, I needed to charge up my phone. It hasn’t been plugged in since last night and is quite low. I posted 3 of our ‘for sale’ items on FB’s Marketplace and within minutes my phone was pinging like crazy.

Coming back from town, someone is following me down Baptist Church Road
Lots of interest in the generator so that’s a relief! Mind you, only 1 decent enough to be interested at or around our price range. We are also hoping to hear from our kayak buyer today for pick up arrangements this weekend. Fingers crossed on both things. White fluffies have moved in but there is still more blue than white and that is a bonus. The air is a tad cool but, in the sun, it is a heavenly day.

And it's Ken and Kim!
 Clemson wanted up on our bed so I lifted him up and then read some of the flyers. When my phone was sufficiently charged, I drove into Durham. As I was approaching the main intersection, I had a red light going north and I noticed on the green, coming from #6 hwy, a Winnebago Journey turning towards me. Wha??? That’s Ken! My window was open because of the warm day so I stuck my arm out and waved frantically!

All set up for a few days
I was so excited but I had to turn and go around the block to catch up with them back on #4 so they could follow me home. It was only 1:30! Yay! Back at the Ridge, they unhooked their tow car and Ken got situated where he could take advantage of the offered 30-amp hookup. May as well, I say! 

and a lot of turtles came up to visit, which was nice
The rest of the afternoon was wonderful. Just catching up, showing them the property and watching turtles making themselves known up in our area. Happy Hour was late (!) but at 4 they brought their chairs over and joined me on our ‘patio’.

We covered a lot of topics this afternoon and time passed quickly
It was a 3 hour HH without seeming like it :)
The stories unraveled, mostly truths but I did tell them of my nose growing a bit involving the kayaks and generators. When Bill texted around 6 to say he was leaving CanAm, I basically told him to skip Costco this week and we’ll go to Guelph one day this coming week. Just get home! 😊 He was happy for that. After my leftover chicken and soft asparagus I started a fire in our shabby firepot and it was 8:10 when Kim said “someone is here!”

A beautiful day
Ken wanted to hide but it would be difficult to hide their Journey. We do have fun with these guys. Bill was thrilled to see them after a long day and we gathered around the fire after he unloaded his stuff. 


And Ken showed off his new cape/shawl/dress

Ken was interested in seeing the Hangar, the off-limits thing on my ‘tour’, so the boys did that and soon returned to have a drink with us girls. I manned the fire, although it was challenging to get the heat to our side of the pit until Bill took over. Now that’s a fire!

And through the smoke, a good time was had by all
It was just before 11 when we all said goodnight, chased in by the yawns more than the coolness of the night. It was a great day from beginning to end and we are happy to have new guests to the Ridge for the first time. I hope yours was an enjoyable day as well. SUMMER IS HERE!

Nice big fire

Thank you for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Now that's a great day! Getting some things done, your Mat cleaned and then home to the beautiful Ridge.To top it off Bill is home and you have some great company!! The fire looks awesome and a nice Happy Hour! Lucky you!! I'm jealous haha.. I think it's so cute that the boys had to go look at the Hangar right away..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day! Thank you, we do feel lucky. that is cute, men and their toys. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is very nice. And we even allow them to park pretty close. :)

      Delete
  3. It's always fun to have have friends visit, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for one, NOT a laundromat user, really appreciate your work to keep that one clean. It’s why I never use laundromats!! Sounds like a great day. Sun and company - how fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy.
      We had a great day. Sun and company = perfect.

      Delete
  5. Now that I've retired, my brother teases me that every day is Friday. I think he's right as Sunday never comes since I don't have to get up on Monday. I find myself getting a bit confused about what day it really is!

    Sounds like a lovely visit! Enjoy your time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes. Bill's Dad always got upset (teasingly so) that he never got holidays after he retired. Now, we realize that we don't either! I am always asking Bill what day it is!

      Delete
  6. Nice to see Ken and Kim again such a super couple. enjoy your time with them there.

    ReplyDelete