Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Taking the Day as it Comes, Nice and Easy, Birthdays

Paisley, On

On Wednesday, Dec. 9th there was nothing out of the ordinary. Bill did say before he left for work that there was a new skiff of snow on the lawn and car roofs. It wasn’t anything to worry about, as he texted back to me later, so I carried on with my routine. I had my tea, threw some cheese and pepperoni sticks in a bag and left the house around 8.

Susan's bunny rabbit had been visiting before I 
left for work this morning
I saw him yesterday when I went for my walk
but today, just his tracks

There was indeed a skiff of snow on the car, wet stuff that came off easily. I remembered to take the empty RO water bottle and the 3 loonies for the machine in Durham. The drive was smooth but because of the slushiness in some areas, I stuck to the main roads through Walkerton and Hanover. I still made good time as traffic seemed to be light this morning.

Sorry for the blurry photo
but this was my drive today

I noticed right away that the laundromat looked really good. Hmm, had Jamie been in? I also noticed a new Lost and Found box and that made me happy. I am always seeing single socks, and other clothing thrown about in different areas as there wasn’t a designated spot since the guys painted the walls. Also, Jamie had put the Merry Christmas banner up on the front window and that looked really nice too.

I love the new box and hope people use it

Before doing anything inside other than the small amount of recycling, I went outside and shoveled snow away from the front and back doors plus along the walkway. Jamie had left a new bag of salt so I sprinkled that around too. It wasn’t cold so I was sure things would freeze but slush can be ‘greasy’ if you get what I mean. Inside, I did the normal cleaning and texted Jamie my compliments on the changes.

The window dressing looks nice
As I was about to leave, some of the snow from the overhand
ended up in front of the door - LOL
It was mild enough that it wouldn't be there long

When I left there after 10, I drove to the water store to refill our bottle. Once I got to Hanover, Walmart was my first stop for a few grocery items and a different dollar store. Back home, I finished the coffee in my thermos and came upstairs. The rest of the afternoon was me sitting at my laptop watching a movie. At the same time, I rubbed the leather protector wax on my new boots so that was done.

Before I left Durham, I stopped at the Book Store
my sister Cathy is good friends with the owner and her parents

I'd love to own a store like this

Nella is looking for A Man Called Ove for me

The movie I put in was The Curious Case of Benjamin Button with Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett. A good movie from 2008 that I’ve enjoyed. Today was no different. It is almost a 3 hour show though and I was so involved that I didn’t hear the text from Bill at 3 that he was on his way home. Next thing I know, he’s walking in the door which surprised me that he was home early. I popped headphones in so he could have his snooze and I could finish watching.

Benjamin Button wooing a lady in his mid years

At 6, we went down for supper. Tonight, was cheeseburgers and fries. We share the cooking of this meal as we do if it is fish and chips. 😊 After dishes and Bill had his lunch made, we came upstairs. It was 7:45 or so and I felt tired for some reason. I downloaded the pictures from today, finished the write-up and stretched out on the bed myself.

Supper was very good and the fries especially
were perfect!

I read a few chapters of the new story I’m reading. It’s called Exposure by Helen Dunmore and I have no idea what it will be like in the long run. I’ll let you know! This was a good day. 

Happy Birthday, Brenda!

It is a special day because my girlfriend and London hair stylist, Brenda, is celebrating a birthday. Also, Daddy in heaven is celebrating as well, this year with Mom so a treat for him. Happy Birthday to both of them.

At Lake Havasu City's London Bridge
Dec. 7, 2018
Good night everyone!



Thank you for popping in!

6 comments:

  1. I like that movie Benjamin Button. That's a great book store ... they must have just about everything. It's funny I can sit and watch a movie, but reading feels like I'm wasting my time, even though I love to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! It is a great bookstore. You'd like a quilt store, well, this is the kind of store I'd like, right beside yours! :)

      Delete
  2. You had the perfect day, Work, Eat and Play doing chores, errands and browsing.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is quite the book store! Oh give me that hamburger and fries! OH YUM! Happy Birthday Brenda and your daddy. Sure he's happy this year! :) A nice surprise arrived today...thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I'll be going back. Hopefully she'll find my book.
      Delicious burger for sure and those fries!!!
      You're welcome, my friends. xo

      Delete