Sunday, December 27, 2020

Sunday Chores, Sunday Fun

Paisley, On

So, every day has been feeling like Sunday but this is actually the real deal. It’s Sunday, Dec. 27th. Aren’t we all just a little bit anxious to have this year over with? To be able to say Goodbye 2020! It’s been a slice………..well, no it’s been more than that. I, for one, Bill, for two, are definitely looking forward to a new beginning even though we will still be wallowing in the bowels of Covid-19 restrictions for more weeks/days than we would like.

there were no morning pictures taken today
so here is the first one
Working on a jigsaw puzzle - finally

Only 500 pieces because I don't have much more space than that
Try to ignore the beautiful Viper on the far side of the table, ok?

It was around 11:30 when our lights went off last night and so we slept in this morning until 8 o’clock. I enjoyed my movie last night very much and Bill says he enjoyed the Christmas one they watched. I skipped over Dances with Wolves, even though I love, love, love Kevin Costner, because I’ve watched it recently. My next one is another ‘D’ one but I can’t recall what it is.

Sitting at my laptop late afternoon, it was Mom and the sunshine
reflection on the wall that encouraged me to walk πŸ˜ƒ

We had our morning hot drinks and while downstairs, I put a load of dirty laundry in the washer. Bill came down and made some toast and he and Wes went out to clear the walkway. Turns out, there wasn’t much had fallen since the last time it was done, but Bill cleaned the vehicles off at the same time. It was a cold morning again, -4C/25F, so I’m glad he wasn’t out long. Upstairs, we did some online stuff.

At 4, I went out for my walk
The vehicles look a whole lot different today, don't they?

Still snow in the driveway but the plow guy will come tomorrow

For me, it was perusing old pictures. I enjoy flipping through the folders with our London property. We made a lot of changes to that bungalow since we bought it in 2002. It was our home for 14 years but the longest Bill and I have been together in one place so far in our life together. I won’t say that I wish we’d kept it because it was out of the question at the time but I look at the rooms and sometimes miss them with the renovations we made.

Daddy used to say that icicles on a roof like this meant
bad insulation
as kids, we tried to score the biggest one without breaking it

I got the dust mop out and did the rooms we reside in thoroughly again and that was it for my work, for the day. πŸ˜‰  The laundry was ongoing until noon when we went down and I opened a can of Clam Chowder. Bill brought the last load upstairs while it heated up. I quietly tell myself that I should go for a walk but it take some inner encouragement and sometimes I can’t seem to sell the idea to my outer self. It’s 3:45 and I haven’t made it out yet.


The sun is over there between the trees

After we did dishes, Bill stretched out on the bed with his book. He figured a snooze was in order. I left him and went down to the garage, clearing off our table of my paints and rocks. Time for a jigsaw puzzle! I’ve missed working on one and I get the same feeling no matter where I am. If we’re south, I have to do them on the coffee table or kitchen table, the latter requires using my puzzle mat.

Strange but pretty sky clouds



Here, the table is already set up and perfect for a 500 pc. puzzle. How long I work on it will depend on my own patience blended with the perfect amount of light. Once it gets too challenging and my eyes are straining, I’ll stop. Mom taught me that, ‘turn a light on! You’ll ruin your eyes!’ I can’t remember where I got this puzzle but it is called Man’s Best Friend and I’m in the perfect frame of mind to do a dog picture. 😊

The sidewalks were mostly clear but I didn't trust them
without my poles

Something has happened to my settings in Word. The spacing is off kilter and my happy faces are clear, no more yellow smiles. I can’t figure it out and won’t mess with it now in the middle of typing. If I lost everything, I’d be frustrated (to put it mildly). It looks okay in blogspot though. I worked down there in the peace and quiet for 2 hours before taking a picture of today’s progress and coming upstairs. It is tea time or walk time, still deciding.


These trails had been tramped with snow machines
so I walked them - still a challenge

At 4 o’clock, within half hour of my above rambling, I did the right thing. For me. I bundled and went for a walk. I’m glad I took my poles along as it was quite icy in spots. The wind in my face was refreshing but it was cold on my fingers as I held the poles. That’s with 2 layers of wool gloves. I walked down Queen St. towards the south to the end of downtown and crossed to catch a trail.


The trails were at least tamped down some from snowmobiles making it easier than yesterday. I was still quite grateful to get off them and get onto the street. It was only a couple of miles today so about 3 ½ km but it was good enough and a lot better than nothing. I walk for 30 minutes and it takes me 5 minutes to get bundled and unbundled at beginning and end. 😊 Inside, I crawled up on the bed beside Bill and read more of my book. I’m enjoying it but would be I’d like the tv version better.

After walking two blocks in this, my legs were ready to head
home on harder surfaces so I took to the pavement instead

A dead tree takes on a new beauty covered in snow

I didn't walk the trail here nor did I venture over to check out the books

Mill and Rowe Streets run to the west from Queen St.
They meet at Victoria St. at the point of a 'V'
This pretty house sits right at the corners, in the point
I don't think I noticed that before

this is looking down towards main (Queen St.) st. on Rowe
and the fenced area on the left is the lot behind the Grand Central Hotel

I looked back at the house
I'll try to get a picture from the top end of the V point
it's kind of cool, that this is the only house on the 'block'

The last picture on my walk is of the Legion (the old Town Hall)
I can imagine it standing all alone in the town
It's so pretty

At 6, I went down and started supper. The ‘not-so-great’ meatballs the I’d made and popped in the freezer a couple of weeks ago went into Madame IP with spaghetti noodles and sauce for supper. I also had a pack of Pillsbury crescent rolls so turned the oven on to cook those at the same time. The meatballs still weren’t great, but when I cut them up in my sauce, I didn’t mind them at all. Bill didn’t like them but I won't hold it against him.


After the dishes, we came upstairs and spent an hour together before he went to watch a movie. That was at 8. Within 5 minutes he was back. They'd seen that one before. πŸ˜€ He finished a book earlier so started on a new Jack Reacher story. I’ll read and/or work on a crossword. It will be an earlier night for us tonight, we have to get back to routine tomorrow. Bill will go with me to Durham to clean the Mat. 

This was a good day made even better by no new snow. I hope that you got what you wanted in the way of weather today, well, as much as can be expected.

A pretty collage
from Pilot Knob RV Resort, Winterhaven, CA
Dec. 27, 2017

Thank you for your visit!

10 comments:

  1. If you have chronic cold hands outdoors, switch to mittens. Makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen. When I'm using my poles is when they get cold, depending on the wind. On Saturday, I actually took my gloves off as my hands were too hot! Thanks though, I don't have any but might have to pick some up! :)

      Delete
  2. I like to do puzzles too but I do them on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have space to do a puzzle on a table, lucky. It's like reading a book online or Kobo, doing them online just isn't quite the same satisfaction for me. :) Rob had me doing the daily jigsaws a couple of winters ago.

      Delete
  3. I'm curious ... does it get cold enough to plug in your vehicles? Sure looks chilly to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many of the buildings and houses in your little town are just lovely. It's clear they've been well cared for. And yes, your Dad was right icicles on the house mean little or no insulation in the roof.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand the difficulty of getting motivated to go for a walk. You really have to pack on the clothes. I love the pictures of the homes.....so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad someone doesn't restore the Grand Hotel. It would be costly but the return would be worth it especially to the Community of Paisley.
    Your father was right about the poor insulation.
    It seems the longer this Virus is a round the harder it is to motivate ourselves.
    Be Safe and Enjoy a new week.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I slipped, fell and broke my wrist for the second time, Hubby makes me wear ice cleats on the bottom of my shoes during the winter months.

    My hands always get cold when I use my walking poles in the winter.

    Looks like you had a lovely day for a walk.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always amazed at how icicles can get..but aren't they beautiful?! Your spaghetti looks yummy to me! What is wrong with the meatballs? Your new little town is adorable..picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete