Thursday, February 24, 2022

At Least the Sun is Back! Another Thrifting Adventure

Park Place RV Resort, Quartzsite, Az

On Thursday, Feb. 24th we were all up by 7:30. The thermometer was reading 35F/1.6C so I wore a hoody under my pouf coat and Gibbs wore his wool sweater. That think little ‘no-hair’ body needed to be kept warm. His Momma told him so! 😊 We had a nice walk; the sun was glorious and there was no wind at all. We did the mid-walk again.

Nice and warm in his sweater, Gibbs
takes me for our walk

Bill had his breakfast ready and today he didn’t hesitate once he saw me taking my shoes off. We had our breakfast drinks together, played our Wordle on my phone and Bill set about doing our banking. Our Canadian Gov’t pensions went in last night so it was time to transfer some $. Our work pensions go in on the first day of the month so we pay bills back home with this one and decide what to bring into our U.S. account.

I didn't know what he was looking at but now, I see
the can
He loves cans but doesn't get to play with them

The exchange rate on the Canadian dollar wasn’t great today, hopefully it will improve but we’re not relying on that. It is what it is and we are doing just fine. I did some crocheting and then around 11, walked over to work on the puzzle for an hour before lunch. When I returned, we had toasted cheese, tomato and lettuce sandwiches. They were good and hit the spot.

Gibbs' friend was out again, they greeted and 
someone got bored and walked away

Isn't she pretty?

Bill went upstairs to watch tv and snooze, so I headed downtown once more to the Quartzsite Community Thrift Store. Thanks, Shirley for this information. When I walked in, I was floored by the amount of ‘stuff’, good and bad, crammed into this small building. It went on forever from the inside and surprisingly there were more men’s clothes than womens’. That is very unusual. I wasn’t looking for clothes.

I found the store, Shirley
Get a load of these tired saguaros

This one is for my buddy, Rob
Private joke ♥

There is so much to see and look at that you need to just take your time and see it all. I did find a couple of Toby Keith dvd’s for $2 each (great price!). One is a music dvd and the other a movie so they’ll be fun. The back room wasn’t as organized (?) or should I say more chaotic than the front part but then I stepped outside onto the stoop to the back yard. OMG! I should have taken a picture from that vantage point but I was stunned.


I found prices inside to be on the high side
especially home appliances and utensils

No organization here and yet there was a semblance of order to some degree. I was looking for a stainless-steel coffee mug to replace my old one and in one dirty grouping, there had to be 20+ in all states of condition. Not garbage but some were dirtier than others. I chose wisely, making sure the lids fit tightly and when I asked the volunteer working outside for a price, he asked $2 for the two I’d chosen. 😊 I paid him $6 and slipped out the laneway.

If you were looking specifically for anything in the
household department, I would guarantee that you'd
find one here

I was tickled pink but don’t enter the back yard if you don’t like rooting around in a less than clean environment. Honest to goodness, I’ve never seen so much ‘stuff/junk’ in one place. I hope my meagre donation helps someone out. On the way back home, I remembered that I was still looking for a greeting card for one young grandson so stopped at Family Dollar where I hit the jackpot! Bingo! I never even thought of checking it out earlier.

I'm looking forward to watching these dvd's

Back home, I went to the clubhouse for an hour. The puzzle is coming along and I’m enjoying the ‘chase’. While there, I added our names to the Potluck Supper list for St. Patrick’s Day and when I returned, made a cup of tea and started my blog post. Yes, we decided to try this potluck meal, even though we’re not keen, to step into the comradery of our fellow campers. 😊  Doing so will help us make decisions for participation (or not) for down the road.

Making progress on the puzzle

This afternoon, we received an email from a couple we met at CanAm on Nov. 7/21 for the first time. They were parked with their Airstream overnight, like we were, waiting for the land border to Port Huron, MI to open at 12:01. They didn’t leave quite as early as we did in the morning of Nov. 8th but they weren’t too far behind. It is the second time we’ve touched base since we’ve crossed and what a wonderful surprise.

To give you a perspective of 1000 pcs.
Here is a different view

When Bill got up from his snooze, he said he felt dizzy. He stretched out in his recliner with Gibbs and I went up to watch some vet programs. Bill wasn’t any better an hour later so came up to bed with us. Gibbs was so cute, he knew Daddy wasn’t feeling well so settled down in between us and watched tv with me. It wasn’t long and he’d moved up behind Bill to comfort him. Of course, it was a candid moment.

Don looked out the window and said
"Look at all the road runners!" so I grabbed my camera
He thought that's what these Gamble Quails were 😀
He learned something today but I still got my picture

Bill wasn’t 'spinning room' dizzy, more just his balance was off. I figured food would help so when he came back downstairs, I started reheating supper. We had leftover pork loin, gravy, stove top stuffing (done in the microwave), corn and asparagus. It was as good tonight as last night, well, almost. We loaded the dishwasher and turned it on for the night.

Gibbs watched Incredible Dr. Pol with me

Then he curled up behinid Daddy while still watching tv

Then he slept too
I have a similar picture of Clemson doing the same thing 💓💓
Daddy's boy

Bill was feeling better after supper so I’m glad the food has helped. We recorded some programs tonight and watched Ghosts at 7. We get a kick out of it. This was a good day with the exception of my sweeties upset. It was still cool, only reaching 59F/15C but with gorgeous sunshine all day long. It will be cold overnight again, 37F/3C, so we’ll probably turn the blue flame heater on again.

Ending the day with another delicious supper
Good night y'all!

Thank you for popping in.

16 comments:

  1. I always stress about what to bring to a potluck, lol, but I usually have fun at them once I get there :) Hope Bill is doing good tomorrow! Wow, that store! I'm not sure I could handle it. I'd be looking all around at the "mess" and not looking for what I came in for lol :) Great bargains you found though! I tend to get all my greeting cards (not that many) from the dollar store. It is outrageous the prices of cards otherwise :)

    I'm looking forward to the 65 degrees we have forecast tomorrow :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wishes for Bill. We decided we'll take a pot of chili and go from there. :)
      The store was fun and I agree about card prices. Thank heavens for dollar stores.

      Delete
  2. Dizzy/weak spells aren't fun, hope Bill is 'right as rain' today. I agree with Betty about getting distracted by the mess/disorganization. You're making good progress on the puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we're not sure what Bill is dealing with but hope it clears soon.

      Delete
  3. Glad that Bill is feeling better. It's nice that he has Gibbs to comfort him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Betty. I'm terrible at potluck decisions. I may just have to check out that thrift store. I'm glad Bill is feeling better. Gibbs sure does love his daddy ... AND his MOM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to decide and so much depends on how many people attend.
      It's a fun thrift store, you just need time to look and get in the moment! haha
      Thank you, Gibbs does love us and the feeling is mutual. ♥

      Delete
  5. I've never seen a dog that is so attentive to the TV. Maybe a dog bark or something but Gibbs looks like he waited all week for his shows to be in TV. Pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I've never seen a dog watch it the way he does. It is pretty funny. ♥

      Delete
  6. Wow crazy thrift shop, but if you have the time I bet it would be fun to sort through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Bill had an off day but Gibbs attention to him is so cute. I couldn't deal with that thrift store. I would be overwhelmed and turn around and leave. Yesterday at 8am it was 25 degrees. That's cold for us! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hopefully Bill will soon be back to his normal self.
      That thrift store isn't for everyone but I love the thrill of the hunt. :)
      Brrr, 25 is very cold!!

      Delete
  8. I hope Bill is feeling better soon. Vertigo can be a real nuisance. If that's what he's suffering from there are some exercises that he do - basically certain movements while laying down and then getting up - to resolved it.

    Wow, that thrift store was quite the place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes! I forgot those exercises! I will remind him of those if this persists. :)

      Delete