Monday, February 7, 2022

A Warm Week Begins, Bill Goes Flying 😊, Nice Homes

Park Place RV Rsort, Quartzsite, Az

On Monday, Feb. 7th we were all up together again. Bill doesn’t sleep in on the mornings when he wants to fly so he was making his breakfast when Gibbs and I dressed for our walk. It was a bit warmer this morning than previous mornings but still only 41F/5C. No wind though, making for a lovely walk. The sky was clear of clouds too when we headed out at 7:30.

This is a really nice residential community
with lots for sale, and on the outskirts of town

I decided to walk to the northeast where the beautiful community of homes are. Bill and I drove through here the day we decided to move in here. It’s called Arroyos and with paved roads, it was easy to walk in around the homes. 

You don't need grass, this is proof

I snapped some pictures and then when we came to the ‘dead end’ I noticed a cute display at the parking area. I couldn’t understand why Gibbs was pulling at the rope but he was afraid of the cement burro. 😊


This little 'corral' set up was adorable
Can you read the sign behind the donkey?
"Save a horse, ride a cowboy" 

Back home, Bill wasn’t too long leaving. He was all ready to go to the field. I can’t say he isn’t taking advantage of the closeness to the field and his experience flying will only improve each time. The weather is certainly cooperating with low winds at least in the mornings. 

This is a beautiful home, the palm tree
hides a lovely porch

This style of home yells southwestern

Seeing the sunrise from this view each morning
would be sweet!

At 9, I wandered over to the clubhouse and made a fortuitous effort at this darn puzzle border. I want to make Mom proud so was determined not to work on anything but the edges.

Silly me, when I chose this, I thought that the border would
be the easiest part

What started as a gathering of black straight edged pieces, ended up looking like a border. It took major separation of similar shapes and a matter of the familiar process of elimination. 😊 I came out 2 ½ hours later with a rectangle outlining the 1000-pc puzzle. There are a few pieces that are not correct but they will be determined as we (I) work away at the rest of it. I was very pleased with my progress.


Saturday, I left all these border pieces in the centre
I'm proud today that my efforts paid off

Gibbs was waiting for me when I returned and Bill showed up within 15 minutes when we were sitting outside. He’d managed to get 4 flights in today. I’d planned bacon and eggs for lunch so started cooking right away. I hadn’t eaten anything yet. After dishes, I read some of my book, waiting for my phone to charge up. Gibbs and I walked over to the dog park but the heat was almost too much for him to play ball for long.

Across from the dog park,
a fellow Canadian (Albertan) flies
his flags.
If you can't see the bottom one, it says 
"It's 5 o'clock somewhere!"

I enjoyed the sun but since Trudy didn’t show up, we came home. Bill had been busy online ordering things for his new toy so I went outside with my book. The motorhome behind us, which as been uninhabited since we arrived, pulled out today, so that left a nice line from the sun for a longer period of time. 😊 Yay! They left their 4+ mats, which are tacked down, so I don’t know if they’ll be back.

It was hot at the park for this furry little guy
so he didn't feel much like playing

Apparently, he has tested positive for Covid – sometime, so we’re just as glad they’ve moved on. Bill and I had a cold drink for our own Happy Hour and I started my blog before supper. We got watching the last hour of an Elvis movie until 6 and then I started preparing the potatoes and chicken. I thought we’d try the chicken in the convection oven for a change and although they are thin thighs, they still took 40 minutes. Maybe I’m just too impatient.

I'm failing in the looks department,
but supper tasted great. πŸ˜€

It was 6:45 by the time everything was done and ready to eat. The result was worth it though and we had salad on the side. As we ate and did dishes, we recorded 9-1-1 Lone Star and The Cleaning Lady so they were available to watch commercial-free later. 😊 This was a great day. Pretty laid back and the temperature reached 72F/22C. Yay!

We'll close with the little poser
in Mom's chair ♥♥
Good night y'all!

Thank you for your visit today.

9 comments:

  1. Gibbs looks so cute in that last picture!! Wow, you did great with that puzzle border! That is a hard one for sure with all those black pieces! Supposed to be 81 here in Phoenix later in the week. I am looking forward to it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Gibbs as always. You sure that wasn't a snack you had for dinner? I didn't know they had such nice homes in Quartzsite. They are very nice and I like the southwestern style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1000 pieces! I never venture over 500 pieces and even then it takes me a while. Good luck and have fun with that one. Glad Bill has a hobby he enjoys. You're smart to have chair covers with that scamp Gibbs around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love those houses. If it only wasn't 118 all summer long!! Gibbs didn't like the donkey like Cooper didn't like that pile of rocks. You wonder what they are thinking! He has such an expressive face, that kid!! Glad Bill got to fly. I sure hope I get to watch them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The homes are lovely - though I don't suppose I could manage in the summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonder what those homes go for? You'd never think there would be a development like that in Q. The donkey is adorable, funny that Gibbs didn't like it. You are adventurous with the puzzles. Nice that Bill is taking advantage of flying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this subdivision homes only? At Copper Ridge in Wellton you can stay in an RV or build a home. There are some cute houses at Copper Ridge but I think they are a little smaller than these. Some people have really cute front yards like these do. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous homes. I love a southwestern look in a house.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete