Friday, February 18, 2022

Thrift Store? Not Today!

Park Place Resort, Q, Az

On Friday, Feb. 18th we all got up together and Gibbs and I went for our walk. It was another lovely day coming our way but it sure started out cool at 37F/3C. When we returned, we each had our breakfast and that was when Marilynne called from back home.

A pretty morning is afoot

Bill’s step Mom, my Mother-in-law, is someone we keep in touch with pretty regularly. The conversation is always great unless it turns to Covid, vaccines or protests, so we try to avoid the subjects we don’t agree on. 😊 It was nice to catch up with her though and let her know how we’re doing in every other aspect. 


Little wiggle bum leads the way

Bill left for the flying field and, around 10, I wandered over to work on the puzzle. I took my coffee and left Gibbs in charge. I made great progress while listening to the chatter in the office. Not much going on today, the co-hosts were in today while Patty and Rick drove to Lake Havasu City to pick up a new dryer for the laundry room. Having 3 will be nice for them.




When I returned, I took the opportunity to check online to see what the hours for the Salvation Army store in Q were. I had planned to go after Bill got back from flying. That soon changed when I read that they are only open Tues. to Thurs. What the?? That’s just silly, not being open on a weekend even. So, next best thing was to dust the Suite. A chore that badly needed doing.


It's not a good picture, Gibbs was barking
which had them on the move

I asked Bill if he’d vacuum for me so by the time we finished, it looked mucho better. We made our own sandwiches for lunch and planned supper. I added to my afghan and then walked back to the puzzle. When I returned at 4:30, I took Gibbs to the dog park for half hour. We were alone so we don’t stay so long. Instead of a tea this afternoon, I had a diet root beer for a change. Refreshing.

Kind of a typical photo, huh?

For supper, we had fish and chips. Bill turned our power back on and once the convection oven was preheated for the fish, he started the Fry Daddy for the fries. I’m still trying to be ‘better’ at eating, so opted out of fries and steamed some asparagus instead. Supper was ready at 6:45 and it was delicious! I adorned my plate with some lemon, olives and avocado.


I missed the sun going down but the sky was pretty

This was a wonderful supper. ♥

We loaded the dishwasher and I took my laptop upstairs to finish my blog while Bill watched his Friday night movies. Gibbs bounced back and forth not knowing who he wanted to share his time with. In the end, downstairs won as it was cooler. Mama’s boy? Ha ha This was a good day and now our home is clean again.

Gibbs loves to play on the bed when one of us 
is up there

Always the entertainer.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around.

10 comments:

  1. Dinner looks delicious and healthy! Now that hubby is retired and I'm still working, he's in charge of house cleaning and grocery shopping. He does great with pretty much everything except for dusting. I might have to dust this weekend :)

    Seemed like your Friday was a nice one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill read my blog and told me it was messed up. Sorry. I think I've corrected it now.
      Dusting, not my favorite thing so happy for the smaller space.

      Delete
  2. I have to say that having an entertainer in the house is a must. Gibbs has to be the best company!! Nice they are getting another dryer!! I also love the fact that you can use your solar and turn off the power. I imagine that's quite the savings for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We agree on the entertainers for sure. We get our laughs every day with the pups, don't we? Apparently, the dryer isn't working right so I hope they can fix it. That was a long way to go to get it.
      At .20¢/kw, and by using our solar, I would say it will be a low bill at the end of our stay.

      Delete
  3. It's too bad but we have family members that we can't discus any of that either. Forever changed relationships! I saw postings yesterday about the thrift store in Q but don't think it was Salvation Army, sounded more like a private thrift. They've got way too much stuff and prices are high (or so they said) would love your opinion! Looks like a great day for you all once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm assuming you mean the Salvation Army store as I don't know where the private thrift store is. I'd check it out if I knew where it was. :) I love a good deal!
      It was a good day, Shirley.

      Delete
  4. Nice easy day and always good to get the house cleaned. My turn is past due. I did wipe off the TV screen last night if that counts. 😀 Glad the wind died down for flying time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you cleaned the tv screen, priorities are important!! :)

      Delete
  5. The thrift store Shirley was referring to is called Quartzsite Community Thrift Shop. It appears that it's privately owned. High prices and one grouchy employee. Lol......Elva

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely dinner. I am surprised that the thrift store wasn't open either. One would think they would have more sales over the weekend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete