Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Happy Valentine’s Day! ♥♥

Park Place Resort

First off, on Monday, Feb. 14th, I wanted to wish everyone that. I hope you celebrated it with a loved one. It doesn’t to me mean you have to go crazy, spending $$ on each other. It means spending time together. Secondly, a brief apology for the late post. Woops! I didn’t even start it yesterday and that was purely because I didn’t feel like sitting down after supper and posting.


This is down Coyote Rd., close to our park
and an extension of the truck stop across from the fuel stations
A good place for friends to park for a couple of nights

It was a great day starting with Gibbs and I taking our walk. Bill went to the flying field for a couple of hours returning earlier than usual. Since my puzzle was finished at the clubhouse, I had no need to walk over today. While Bill was gone, I set to work ‘trying’ to make a recipe for peanut butter granola. Keto of course, something I could snack on and feel good about. I was, once more, missing one ingredient and the end result was different because of that, I’m sure.

It was a cool enough morning for
Gibbs to wear his sweater 41F/5C
Here he is walking along a steep edge
but I wouldn't let him go down

He likes walking down this trail alongside
the paved road

However, it tastes good and it is like I’ve just made a second option to my keto oatmeal for breakfasts. 😉 For lunch, I made omelettes loaded with green onions, peppers, mushrooms and cheese. Bill had his on toast and I could only eat half of mine leaving leftovers for another day. The only thing going on today was late afternoon and that was a good thing. I didn’t have a very good sleep last night, awake 2 or 3 times with dreams. Mom and Gibbs were in one dream so they weren’t upsetting.

They are slowly adding gravel to our roadways
Dusty while it happens but it will be an improvement
over all


We dozed in our chairs, took a few short walks with Gibbs but mostly hung around as a family indoors. Part of my dream was about training our little guy so I practiced today a bit and he was improving in the barking aspect. Bill got an expected package from the post office delivered from Joe across the row and then we all went upstairs for afternoon siestas. I don’t usually do that but I felt really beat.

A very filling omelette

We got cleaned up at 3, each having showers, and then after 4, drove into town to Sandra D’s for Bill’s haircut. He was past needing one. 😊 I love her shop and I know my girlfriend back home would love it.  

Brenda, isn't this a great space?


Today, I took some pictures while Bill was getting his cut. We both like Sandra and will go back again when we need to. I’m thinking before we leave at the end of March, I’ll get mine touched up, I’m loving the shorter style.

My Valentine gets spruced up before dinner ♥

After the cut, we walked across the lot to Times 3 Family Restaurant for supper. When we planned to do this, we didn’t even think about Valentine’s Day, just thinking of the appointment time of 4:30 and a night out for dinner. 😊 Well, not usually do we have so much fun while waiting in line to get a table. We put our names on the list and stood outside with a group of 4 elderly (older than us) men and had a ball! Can you say ‘characters’?

Sorry for the blur
This is a large establishment

When we got seated, it was at the end of a table for 8 where only 4 seats were taken. The place was PACKED! At the other end of our table were 2 couples who we clicked with right away, they started by commenting on Bill’s bright orange shirt. It went from there and we had fun conversing occasionally throughout their meal. Ours was very slow coming but we weren’t starving so it was fine. Before they left, 2 of them offered us their complimentary piece of cherry chocolate cake that came with the special.

Main St. west beside the Beef Jerky store

Bill ordered a clubhouse sandwich with fries and I ordered, for the first time ever, a Chimichanga with rice and refried beans and salad. Oh my! It was jam packed, like the restaurant, with shredded beef, onions, peppers and cheese. Delicious! I could only eat half of everything since we’d started with salsa and chips, plus I left room for the cake. As it turned out, our server offered us a piece of V. cake anyway, on the house. 😊

My first Chimichanga but not my last!♥

No dishes tonight but we turned the dishwasher on after returning home as it had the days dishes to wash. I decided then and there that I wasn’t up to writing my blog, I just wanted to sit with Bill to watch some tv. An Adele special was finishing up so we watched that, then 911 Lone Star and The Cleaning Lady before Gibbs and I went up to bed around 10. I figured I’d sleep well and I did.

Isn't this lovely?
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in!

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely Valentine's Day, spending time with your DH and enjoying the company of others. That plate looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh,that chimichanga was huge! Looked delicious too! Sounds like you had a lovely Valentine's Day! How fun at the restaurant too! Seems like everyone wanted to be out and about to celebrate the special day! I do like afternoon naps. Somehow though I think my work might frown on them lol.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was huge. Half of it is in my fridge.Sleeping at work is a no-no!

      Delete
  3. Haven't been to that restaurant but love chimichangas and that one looks delicious. Looks like they make their own beans too! Nice. Glad you enjoyed your Valentine's Day :) Sandra's place is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I guess I need to try that restaurant. The food looks amazing. Happy V-Day to you, Bill and Gibbs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Valentines day you had. Your meal looks wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. We did. Not having to cook was the icing on the cake!

      Delete