Friday, February 11, 2022

Can’t Beat These Days

Park Place RV Resort

Gibbs and I got up on Friday, Feb. 11th at 7:20 and slipped out the door for our walk. Bill remained in bed a while longer. It was only a 20-minute walk today. Gibbs didn’t seem to be into it because once he finds something to carry, he just wants to bring it home. This morning, it was an empty cigarette box. Once he dropped it, he was more into the walk so we wandered into the desert and returned home the back way. 😊

I remembered my sunglasses this morning
As I knew we'd be walking towards that gorgeous ball of fire

Bill was just getting out of the shower when we returned, which reminded me that it was my turn. First, the bed sheets needed to be washed so I stripped the bed. I was glad Bill hadn’t made it yet or I would have put it off for another day. During the time that they were in the dryer, I had my shower. After making the bed, when my tea was done, I walked over to the puzzle.


It took me a few minutes to realize that the puzzle fairy came in yesterday after I left and finished the border! Yay! I don’t know who it was but I’m grateful and carried on with the inside pieces. I am really enjoying this puzzle; it is a challenge and it is going to be a lovely picture when it is finished. I worked away for a couple of hours. 😊

This is how I left the puzzle this morning
Note: the border is done, yay!

There is a group of rv’ers from Lake Havasu in here and they are setting up for a Valentine’s dinner and games tonight, breakfast in the morning and supper tomorrow again. Anyone is welcome to do that so these 7 couples are taking advantage. The Park doesn’t do anything like that for their guests but then most parks don’t, it is the staff or volunteers who look after those things in any we’ve stayed at.

This is part of the trail we walked this morning

Bill returned home around noon with a sad face. He had a mishap with his gas plane, first time flying it here. Whether it was the wind, nerves or just a fluke doesn’t matter. The plane is done for but he is happy he flew it and said before we left that he wouldn’t be too upset if it crashed. Too bad it happened on the first flight though.

This is what we're experiencing
this week. ♥

We had lunch and I pulled some salmon filets out for supper. The day was hot again, with 82F/28C as our high. We reached that by 2 pm so I’m glad that I had awnings out and window blinds at ‘half-mast’ from early on. It helped to keep the Suite cooler during the hours when the sun was beating on us from the east and southeast. Not complaining though! There was a breeze that picked up this afternoon which was an afternoon blessing.

When I left it this afternoon, can you 
see the difference?

I walked back to the clubhouse and worked away for another couple of hours while Bill salvaged what he could from his plane. I returned by 4, quite pleased with how I left it. I sat with my blanket and worked another few rounds. Bill fed Gibbs at 6, he rings the bell for that now too. 😊 We each started cooking our portion of supper. I fried the salmon filets and steamed broccoli and Bill cooked fries for himself. It was very good, yummy salmon!

Tasty!

After loading the dishwasher, we sat and enjoyed the rest of the evening. These hot days are unbelievable and we have 4 more in a row before it cools off a bit.

My sister checked on the Ridge back home
Today, she sent me this picture
Whoa! That's a lot of snow!
Good night!

Thank you for your visit. We can’t believe it is almost the middle of the month already!

12 comments:

  1. That salmon looks delicious! I love meals like that (salmon and broccoli or some other veggie). Sorry to hear about Bill's plane crashing but wow the work on the puzzle is amazing! Glad the border got done! So enjoying these warm days!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That salmon was wonderful and with very little carbs.
      Bill wasn't too upset about plane, it was old.
      We are enjoying the warm days.

      Delete
  2. I would love to do that puzzle. It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Show off! I'm referring to your weather not the puzzle, lol. The puzzle is beautiful and looks very challenging. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That puzzle is going to be beautiful 😍. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the reason i chose it so it will be sad when it is finished.

      Delete
  5. Nice for you to have a chance o do some puzzling where you are now. We do a new one every two weeks on average. We had mild temps last week but it turned cold overnight and was -10 this morning. We have sunshine though today and that is bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis. I'm quite content between crocheting, puzzling and reading. So far!

      Delete
  6. Sorry you're missing all this nice snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well gee. Thanks for thinking of us, but we're fine without it!

      Delete