Saturday, February 5, 2022

G-G-Gorgeous!! Fun Day for All of Us

Park Place RV Resort, Quartzsite, AZ

It was 6 on Saturday, Feb. 5th when I heard Bill getting up with Gibbs. I knew he had a schedule this morning so I stayed out of his way. I wasn’t ready to get up yet anyway. At a few minutes before 7, I was ready. Bill had made a lunch and his coffee and had his breakfast by the time Gibbs and I came down. There is no hanging around once Gibbs is downstairs so I got my shoes and his little coat for our walk.

At the division in the road, this Q was well placed

Something we haven't done for a while
A little blurry but not bad

Bill wasn’t quite ready to leave so at 7, the little bum and I headed out. We walked down E. Quail Trail to the west and kept on going. Bill pulled up beside us around 7:15 and I watched where he turned to go to the flying field. Today was their big Fun Fly and he was a key member of the crew so had to be early. Once we reached the corner, I crossed the road and took pictures of the two U.S. Air Force planes on display.

These planes are at the entrance to the park


It was about a 20-minute walk but with the dawdling and sniffing, it took us 30 before we turned around for home. We wouldn't be seeing ‘Daddy’ until about 3 this afternoon so I made a decision to go back later on my own. 

A cute statue at the skateboard area

Our park is so close to the club field that I understood even better why this is such a great location for us to be parked for 2 months. 😊 Back home, I had my tea and Gibbs had his breakfast. Bill had prepped them for us.


Who'd think that these trees lived so long?
They aren't that big

I did some work on my blanket and then wandered over to start a new puzzle. Once I got all the pieces turned over and the border pieces set out, I realized the mistake. Well, not a mistake really, rather a poor choice! All border pieces were black and almost the exact same shape! LOL this would be a difficult puzzle to put together so I really, really hope someone else in interested in them to help me. I chose it for the pretty picture.

This one that I put away, was a lot
easier than the one I just started.

After about an hour, I returned home and had a cold lunch plate. At 12:30, I left Gibbs in charge of the Suite and walked to the flying field to see what was all taking place. I was very surprised to see such a great turnout. Spectators pretty much filled the parking spaces in the lot all the way out and down the roadway. That is always wonderful for those who put these events on.



The town paid to have their runway paved

I watched the flyers for a while, as Bill did the ‘hosting’ (?) announcing the flyers etc. This is what he’s good at and other members were pleased to have him take on this roll. I’m always proud of how he handles himself with a microphone in his hand. I’m not good at that – at all. 

My sweetie ♥

I met Woody (86), the vp of the club, and Jim (89), a founding member, plus Dave and Tom, other crew members. It was fun chatting with Woody, such a nice man. He told Bill he was looking after his wife for him. 😊

A nice landing, one of many

I was glad to see the jet go up for a flight
It's loud, it's fast and this pilot is very good

At 1:30 I said my goodbyes and wandered across the desert to Celia’s Rainbow Garden. Such a sweet place where memorial after memorial were placed in honour of loved ones. A couple were very sad, others are very sweet and special. 

Celia's Gardens take up 8 acres of the 40 acre town park

The history of these gardens is quite enchanting.
They were inspired by 8 yr-old Celia Winer whose goal in life was to make the
world a better place. Her love of nature and desire to save the environment
have been taken to heart by this small desert community. ♥
The garden is still in process of having all plants, trees and cacti labelled
and educational displays will be included along the trails.
Sadly, she died with a viral infection at 8 1/2 when it hit her heart.


I think this had to be the saddest memorial I saw today.
If you are interested in her amazing story, Google 
Celia's Rainbow Garden, the story by Joanne Winer, her Mom

When I left there, I walked to the next thing along that row to the Dog Parks. There are 3 fenced off areas for various size dogs and then I headed back. There is a bike/walking trail so I stuck to that and beelined for home. It was warm enough that I took my hoody off on the way back.

It's a beautiful area to walk through
so different from our last visit 4 years ago



When I returned, I took Gibbs out again for a walk around and then to the dog park here. Just as we were leaving, Bill returned home. Trudy wasn’t there but Gibbs and I played tag with the ropes and balls for about 20 minutes and because I was kapooped after my 11,489 steps, we returned home. My legs will be tired tonight! Bill was upstairs watching tv and most likely snoozing. He was happy so I left him alone with Gibbs.


Play time with Mom at the dog park here at home

I went over and worked on the challenging puzzle for another hour. Not much got done but I broke the puzzle rule and began adding pieces to the border that I had done. Sorry Mom, I had to do something! Bit by bit, it will get done. With a cup of tea around 4, I sat and started my blog. I’d turned off the electric power at 10 this morning, since we pay for it here, and we enjoyed our solar power for most of the day.


A little cuddle time

For supper, I made mashed potatoes, salad and Rosy air fried chicken strips. It was delicious. We did dishes together, as usual, and then parted ways. 😊 Bill went upstairs with Gibbs and I stayed downstairs and watched two episodes of Joe Millionaire on the PVR. My blog was slow in coming, because I could skip through commercials. This might be an overnight blog, we'll see. Bottom line is that this was a different day and we both enjoyed it very much.


The temperature reached 68F/20C and tomorrow and the following days will be even warmer yet! Yay!

Just a window view of the sunset tonight
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

20 comments:

  1. It's nice to have a different day every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like you had a very good day! I'm your new follower. May you follow me back?
    Regards and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following my blog, Rocio. I will look up your blog and tag along.

      Delete
  3. Such a nice park and surrounding area. So many places to walk. It's also very nice that Bill can fly. I smile every day watching Gibbs pose for pictures. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's slow meeting people so far, to make a valid connection but every one is very nice. Our goal is to enjoy it as best we can. Gibbs is such a sweetie, I'm so blessed with his company.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great day to me. You'll have to show me around next month. That's so cool Bill can help out with the mic. That jet??? WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely will show you around in March! :) The jet was very cool to watch.

      Delete
  5. Definitely sounds like a great day for you all! The pics of you and Gibbs are super cute! Nice that Bill has flying that he enjoys! Dinner looks yummy. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great place to walk, lots to see and lovely weather to enjoy it in.

    I wouldn't mind if you sent some of that warmer weather up north. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are way more places to walk here than I first thought. That's always a good thing so I don't get bored. :)
      Well, since you wouldn't mind, I'll try my best to share.

      Delete
  7. Looks like you were all enjoying your day in the big Q especially Gibbs for his first time in the southwest. Keep enjoying the warmer temperatures.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day, with many more to follow. Gibbs is enjoying the southwest except for being leashed up all the time. :)
      thanks Rick.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad to see that Bill is involved in the RC club. I can tell that he really enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased that we found this park, within walking distance to the field and library if I should require it. :)
      Bill is a happy man which makes for a happy gal!

      Delete
  9. I've never been to that park. Now I wish we had stopped there. It's awesome that you can come and go to the field. Great location. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  10. That puzzle does sound challenging!! I haven't done one in awhile but always looked for them that didn't have a lot of blue sky or hard to do areas. Good luck with it! How fun with the RC airplane club for Bill! Sounds like a great hobby to be part of! All in all a great day for the three of you! Loving our warm weather here in Phoenix!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to get a pix of the puzzle. I've not been back so hopefully someone else has managed to get the border together. I'll visit Monday morning. :)
      Bill is happy to be able to fly and take part in club events. This was in our plans when we planned this trip. ;) This weather is great!

      Delete