Monday, February 21, 2022

Finishing the Puzzle, Thinking Ahead, Wild and Windy

Park Place Resort, Q. Az

Monday, Feb. 21st is Family Day back home in Canada (most provinces) and President’s Day here in the US. We woke up to warnings of strong winds and gusts so Gibbs and I slipped out for our walk as soon as we were up. That was late today, we slept in until 7:45. I thought, since we normally feed Gibbs his breakfast at 8, that maybe we could feed him and ‘then’ go for our walk. 😊

The first clouds we've seen in a long time
Makes for a pretty sunrise

However! We all know who is in charge here and although I thought he might go for a longer walk after eating, he has his routine. He wouldn’t go near the dish, instead hopping up on my recliner with me. He was telling me in no uncertain terms that we had to get out there. Bill and I laughed at this as I got dressed and away we went. I’m glad we went when we did because the winds had increased by 9. Gibbs knows best!

Walking before the wind picked up but the clouds
were moving around pretty good

I had my tea and Bill and I each had some of our own cereal. I’m still enjoying the homemade keto ‘oatmeal’ and only eat it when I feel hungry after our walk. We found it quite cool inside the Suite this morning so turned on our Blue Flame heater to take the chill off. Surprisingly, it was a nice temperature of 50F/10C but it was the winds that played havoc. Bill watched some tv upstairs and I sat downstairs and crocheted.

The winds were crazy this afternoon but
the clouds moved out by noon
Notice the dust blowing across the road from the SW

We had bacon and eggs for lunch and then before 1 I went over to the clubhouse for some puzzle work. It was nice to see Patty and Rick the hosts back in the office so Bill and I talked to them about next year. With minimal conversation, since we’d talked a lot about it, we reserved for 3 months next year. Staying here longer is still an option but we’re up in the air about it.


Our hosts are saying all the right things, “lots of puzzles to be done” (Rick), “we’re so glad you’re coming back” (Patty). Anyway, with that out of the way, and out of our minds, we feel content we’ve made the right decision based on us, regardless of what or who next year brings. 😊 I sat and finished the puzzle by 3:15 and even though there are 5 frustrating pieces missing, it is pretty. When I break it up in a day or two, it will be fire fodder.

So, here it is - 5 pieces
Can you find the holes?

How about now?

Sitting around at home nearing 5 o’clock, our time, we called the next to last of our offspring, with the exception of one who was away for the weekend. My daughter was available and we had a nice chat to catch up on both ends. They also are digging out from the weekend snowfalls but are doing well otherwise. We’ve talked to the them all, which is not something we manage often but it is always gold when we do.

Because last night, I felt that our lasagna
was not quite enough to fill us, but 2 pieces
would have been too much, we added a veggie.

For supper, we finished up the last of the lasagna. Too windy to barbecue anything and this was simple. Simple wins every time with me. 😊 The dust was blowing around pretty good today but the sun managed to rule the day for the most part so we used our solar panels while we could. Not much change is expected tomorrow and we’re in for some cooler temps but we reached 69F/20.5C before the sun began dropping.

My sister, Donna, took a drive out to their two properties
The Acreage to check for mice at their trailer
(there were none)

The evening was spent watching a few of our programs, others were put off because of the holiday, we assume. This was a nice day spent at home together and we’ve successfully made some permanent plans for next year. That’s positive thinking on our part. I hope you’ve had an enjoyable time in your neighbourhood too.


And at the Ridge, the best news
"No tracks up the lane" and "things look good up there"
πŸ˜ƒ
Good night everone!
Happy Family Day and Happy President's Day

Thank you for your visit.

15 comments:

  1. I envy people who can plan ahead!! If I was in charge I would play it by ear but Sue takes over sometimes and lines things up for me. I hear by the grapevine that we are booked here again next fall!! Glad your enjoying your spot there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we have always been the 'plan ahead' type. Bill more than me but we do like to be on top of things rather than winging it. There's good and bad in that, we probably miss out on things but at least we both agree! :)
      I'm not surprised you are destined to go back next fall. It's obvious you both love it there. :)

      Delete
  2. It was really windy here too today! And a bit cold with the wind blowing! I "dread" Wednesday when we are only supposed to be about 54 degrees with a big chance of rain!

    I had to enlarge the picture of the puzzle and I could see the missing pieces. I agree. Time to get rid of that with so many missing pieces!

    Good that you thought ahead and made reservations/planned for next year! The way time goes by so fast sometimes it will be here before you know it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow will be only 55F here too, brr and maybe a it of rain but we'll survive! :)
      We are plan ahead people so feel good to know that is settled. We've been tossing it around a bit.

      Delete
  3. Windy everywhere today. Great you have reservations for next year so you can make your travel plans. Lots of snow back home I see. Won't be long before the big thaw though. Sorry Patsy, but I couldn't live on your dinner portions πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind was nasty, especially those gusts.
      Yes, lots of snow to melt before Apr 20th! haha
      That's okay, if I was feeding you, I'd make double! :)

      Delete
  4. With what's going on in Canada, you might want to stay the year. See you guys in a week or so. My friend lives by the city park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha about staying in the US.
      Looking forward to meeting you in person. :)

      Delete
  5. Still ..... wind and chilly is better than snow and freezing!! Cooper is the same ... he tells me when it's time to head out. I haven't figured out how to say NO yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right! No complaints here!
      Our dogs are definitely the masters. haha

      Delete
  6. I'm sure it feels good to have that decision made :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Planning ahead is always the best thing to do. It is a relief to be able to say "this is where we will be come....."

    The wind always makes it feel much cooler.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't you missing all this nice white snow?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure it's a relief to have some plans firmed up for next winter already. Good thing too, there are no plans to come home anytime soon as you wouldn't be making it up that driveway in its condition.

    ReplyDelete