Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Still Here and Very Grateful, Groundhog Day

Park Place RV, Quartzsite, Az

On Wednesday, Feb. 2nd I couldn’t find anything out about any of the groundhogs, in Pennsylvania, Ontario or Nova Scotia and as I write this, we haven’t watched the evening news. My guess is that we’ll have 6 more weeks of winter either way. 😊 We woke to a windy day and it was 42F/5.5C when Gibbs and I went out for our first walk here.

I'll apologize now for a few of my pictures
being blurry
I'll blame it on the strong winds!

We went out the main gate, down the asphalt road and back into the park. Because of the cold wind, we slipped back in through a different entrance. In the southwest corner, I found the dog park that Nancy had told me was here. It is a nice size and Gibbs and I walked in to check it out. I didn’t remove his leash; I wasn’t planning on hanging around. Brrr.

A small laundry room but quite suitable

A comfy place to sit in the library
just down the hall

Also, plenty of books
I dropped off about 10 that we'd finished
so I hope someone else likes James Patterson!

There were a couple of tennis balls and a couple of stuffed, well-loved toys. Gibbs was more interested in sniffing them than playing. It was only a 20-minute walk and we returned home to the warmth of the Suite. After morning drinks, Bill had some toast and just before he left at 9:30, I walked the few steps to the laundromat in the Clubhouse. All 3 machines were empty so since I’d already sorted the clothes, carted them over and loaded 2 washers.

Bill pointed out the sunrise so I ran out to capture it

Bill had volunteered to help other flying club members begin set up for their Funfly and Swap Meet this weekend. I made the required trip back to swap the clothes into the dryer and then came back to clean. I vacuumed the floors, and even some of the high cabinet fronts with the long hose and washed the mirror in the bathroom on our closet doors. He walked over to help me fold the clothes and carried them back.


The dog park will be nice for Gibbs

By now, the winds had increased quite a bit and I quickly decided that I would not be taking Gibbs back to the dog park as originally planned. We all stayed inside other than taking Gibbs out and to take pictures of the dust and evidence of the winds. I worked on my afghan and Bill started a new J.P. book. Gibbs slept a lot, close by if not on our laps. 😊 Bill had to adjust our satellite dish after the winds jiggled all connection.

Gibbs sat at the window again, looking out
at something

or a special someone ♥
(look closely and you'll see who)

For supper, I reheated the hamburger ghoulash and dumplings. It was an easy ‘no prep’ meal and as leftovers often do, it tasted just as good tonight. Just before I began preparing supper, I realized that my blanket wasn’t looking as uniform as it should so I stopped crocheting and contacted Deb. “Help!” She did, bless her , and we went back and forth a bit about what I can do to check it before I go any further. I know they’re busy so I really appreciated her quick response. Fingers crossed that I don’t have to tear too much out.

I showed you a pix of the mountains yesterday
to the west
This is today's (blurred) view, no mountains
because of the dust

After Gibbs had his supper, I took him out around the park so I could capture the ‘almost’ sunset. 😊 Good enough! It was very cold so we rushed back home. After dishes, I focused on the blanket and we watched some tv together. 

Evidence of the winds, all around us



People leave their sites for more than one day
and don't put things away
I don't quite understand that.

This is the community firepit area

I’ve picked up a Sue Grafton story but haven’t been able to get ‘attached’ yet, I will, so chose to keep my hands busy instead. The strong winds we are experiencing are forecasted to drop down around 8 pm so fingers crossed on that too.

Gibbs is laying on the bag with my yarn ball
As the ball unravelled, he'd open his eyes 😂

Interesting, the things we see, in a park
or in the desert
This is a 3-sided see through netted shelter ???


Yummy leftovers

This was a sunny day although the sky was not blue, fighting the dust. The mountains to the west did a disappearing act but became visible late afternoon around 4:30. I hope you didn’t get any ‘yeuchy’ weather today where you are.


I managed to also catch the sunset before
it dropped below the mountains
Good night everyone!

Thank you for stopping in for a visit. I appreciate all of your comments. 😊

16 comments:

  1. It looks like the wind had a fun time blowing things around the area. This is the first time we've been home during the winter for over 4 years. I do enjoy a pretty snow, but I wasn't ready for the snow we are getting. It sounds like we might end up with 5-8" of snow. I'm so glad we rented this little house and we are warm. I hope you enjoy this new park and enjoy the use of the facilities there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We found staying home last winter was tough in the first couple of months, then it wasn't 'soooo' bad in late December and January but by February we'd had more than enough! I'm glad you have found a warm house to stay in. We miss seeing you down here though.

      Delete
  2. That Gibbs is sure hooked on Dad😀 Heck I was home and left everything out hoping the wind wouldn't be too bad and boy was I wrong 😝 My walks with Yuma today were as quick as 5 minutes. Luckily he doesn't like a cold wind either. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were going to go to Tyson Wells in the afternoon but once we heard about the winds coming, sure abandoned that idea. I'll bet a few of them closed up, the winds would wreak havoc.

      Delete
  3. Oh we did get yucky weather too!
    Lots of snow and wind of course. But its winter and kind of pretty.
    Gibbs is such a good helper.💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you are positive about the snow, winter can be pretty and it's best to just enjoy it when you're home. However, I hate the cold.

      Delete
  4. I do like that park, and many rigs are there full time, thus all the sun screens. It's surprising what's in that building! I'm glad it's working out for you. That Gibbs ... he's such a sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip on this park, people seem friendly although we haven't many yet. I'm sure we'll get very comfortable here.
      Gibbs - knows how to win our hearts even when he does something wrong. LOL

      Delete
  5. Winds like that can be so annoying, especially if it's chilly. Thought supper looked great and perfect for comfort food on a less-than-excellent weather day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a less-than-excellent weather day but we enjoy being inside too. :)

      Delete
  6. Goodness, you certainly haven't had the nicest weather this winter. But at least it's better than here in the frozen north.

    Hopefully the wind dies down and you get some better weather before the six weeks of winter are up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. already this morning, things are 95% calmer. :) A few cool days and then it warms up to mid 70's. Yay!

      Delete
  7. You sure made a good choice by moving into an RV Park so it seems. The dust swirling around I would not like but at least it is less where you are and with that wind I guess the flying of planes is out for Bill for the moment. Hopefully there are good books for you to read at the clubhouse and maybe some fun puzzles while staying indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes we were glad our plans worked out before the wind storm. Bill said they were probably using the snow plows to clear the roads near the dunes at Pilot Knob. ;)
      I have plenty to do here and Bill can flit back and forth to fly as often as he wants. Happy campers!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a really nice RV park you are spending your time in! Yesterday wass not a nice day here either with the winds! Dinner looks yummy! Don't you wish dogs could talk?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. To keep you up to date, the Nova Scotia groundhog, Shubenacadie Sam, saw his shadow, but Wiarton Willy did not, so we're getting an early spring here!

    ReplyDelete